Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins the Super Bowl?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • 49ers

13 52.00%
  • Chiefs

12 48.00%
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Tbf, I doubt anyone who doesn't live in the middle of the country or follow sports knows that. I guarantee 70% of East coast Americans would guess it was in Kansas. Isn't part of the city actually in Kansas?
    And I would bet 90% of elementary school teachers put that on a geography test because they think most students will get it wrong. It's one of the biggest trick questions in geography that everyone preps for.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Yup. I woke up still questioning this:
    Mahomes getting MVP over Williams is stupid.

Change my mind.
    Mahomes is a qb and the nfl is trying soooooo hard to have him as the new face of the nfl.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    The offense got hosed on a terrible OPI to end the half.
    Totally agree. And there were some pretty questionable hits on Jimmy G that I bet would've been personal fouls against the new golden boy. They also seemed to swallow their whistles on some egregious holds when the chiefs were trailing.

And I would bet 90% of elementary school teachers put that on a geography test because they think most students will get it wrong. It's one of the biggest trick questions in geography that everyone preps for.
    I'm just saying, I can name every state and it's capital and most countries' capitals, but if I didn't watch football and know the Chiefs were in MO, I would have no reason to know or care about KC given that I live in VA.
    Last edited by Rush; 02-03-2020 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Please leave politics to the politics forum. - Rush

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Yup. I woke up still questioning this:

Change my mind.
    Bc he was lights out the final 7 minutes. 40 yds and a TD from Williams final line came w the game already over.

I love Reid tbh, but we don't need to sugar coat it, the Chiefs cakewalked over the AFC and Shanahan choked away another lead. I don't remember the last time a team won throughout the playoffs so unconvincingly. Mahomes is probably the best QB in the league and Reid is a top 5 coach, but they've played slow enough in all 3 games that they should've been sent home each week.

I feel like you only comment on my posts to point out how depressingly cynical I am lol.
    I think you can look at it in a completely different light. Don't really know how scoring 50pts, holding the hottest player in the NFL to under 100yds, and beating a team that had just been steamrolling people and had the best record in their conference unconvincing. They started poorly in every game but absolutely dominated the later part of all 3 games. To be down double digits in every game and win convincingly in every game is more than impressive.

And yes, you are depressingly cynical haha. Never seen somebody so into a sport that seemingly hates everything and everyone involved with it lol!

Rippin' lips son!!

Mahomes is a qb and the nfl is trying soooooo hard to have him as the new face of the nfl.
    Yea. I said it in a chat that the MVP shoulda been Chris Jones. SF really had no answer for him. But DL will never win.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Bc he was lights out the final 7 minutes. 40 yds and a TD from Williams final line came w the game already over.
    Hitting a bunch of wide open guys is the definition of lights out? Shanahan changed in the 4th playing not to lose rather than playing to win and admitted it.

Williams couldn't even hold down the starting job for the full season. His success in the SB was largely the product of the defense selling out against Mahomes / offensive scheming. They could have put in Shady and had the same outcome.

Other QBs could have played as well as Mahomes too, but not ones on the Chiefs and they likely wouldn't have made the comeback.

The SB MVP is typically more of the "playoffs MVP" of the two teams that make it to the SB / the one that wins.
    Last edited by Bullseyed; 02-03-2020 at 09:57 AM.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Tbf, I doubt anyone who doesn't live in the middle of the country or follow sports knows that. I guarantee 70% of East coast Americans would guess it was in Kansas. Isn't part of the city actually in Kansas?
    But orange man bad for not knowing something most of them didn't know either.

A lot of people don't know that the NY Giants and NY Jets aren't in NY. That's been a meme lately though, so knowledge levels have come up. The Buffalo Bills are in Orchard Park, not Buffalo.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    I think you can look at it in a completely different light. Don't really know how scoring 50pts, holding the hottest player in the NFL to under 100yds, and beating a team that had just been steamrolling people and had the best record in their conference unconvincing. They started poorly in every game but absolutely dominated the later part of all 3 games. To be down double digits in every game and win convincingly in every game is more than impressive.
    It's not that it's unimpressive, it's just that the Chiefs were playing beneath their competition. With the Texans awful pass defense, I pretty much anticipated a 40+ point game, I just didn't expect them to **** the bed in the first quarter. And as admirable as the Titans run was, they were very much out of their league against the much better Chiefs.

Yea. I said it in a chat that the MVP shoulda been Chris Jones. SF really had no answer for him. But DL will never win.
    He's a beast pass rusher, but they were running his direction at will. I'll never understand why a coach would let Jimmy G throw with a 10 point lead in the SB with his RBs averaging 5 YPC.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

He's a beast pass rusher, but they were running his direction at will. I'll never understand why a coach would let Jimmy G throw with a 10 point lead in the SB with his RBs averaging 5 YPC.
    He said some strange post game things.

Mahomes came up clutch the final 7 minutes. Thereís probably only two other qbís that can make that 44 yard throw to hill on 3rd and 15.

He broke multiple sacks to convert for first downs.
    Mahomes deserves the mvp.

Idk how anyone can sit there and say otherwise.

"The moment you give up, is the moment you let someone else win."

He said some strange post game things.
    Like what?

Quote Originally Posted by LA_1 View Post
    Mahomes came up clutch the final 7 minutes. Thereís probably only two other qbís that can make that 44 yard throw to hill on 3rd and 15.

He broke multiple sacks to convert for first downs.
    Mahomes deserves the mvp.

Idk how anyone can sit there and say otherwise.
    I don't disagree, Mahomes made probably 3 or 4 throws last night that probably only he, Rodgers, a healthy Cam, and a lucky Josh Allen can physically make. But he also played like crap for a good part of the night. He was throwing dirt balls on comebacks, missing some tighter throws like the HB wheel route they were trying to hit all of the first quarter, and threw some wonky passes that were only complete because of how wide open the receivers were. I think hes the SB MVP because it's hard to justify anyone else, but it was a total team effort.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Like what?
    I read comments online like he was asked about not running and he said "we needed to move the chains not run the clock" because KC had 3 TO. Didn't call TO at the end of the first half because he didn't want to give KC the ball back.

The offense got hosed on a terrible OPI to end the half.
    That and a couple of other at-least-questionable calls, but I hate to blame a loss on the officiating.

It was the horrible defensive positioning that directly caused SF to lose. They seemed to be 2 or 3 steps too far away from the KC players most of the time allowing them to pick up those yards and inches that made the difference.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast