Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Where does Andy Reid Rank after his first superbowl?

In terms of the bellicheck era id have him only behind bellicheck and well ahead of the peytons/dungy/grudens of the world tbh... Where would you rank him and do you think with this team he could go down even ahead of bellicheck if he wins like 3 or 4?

I had him 2nd after Belichick but quite a distance ahead of the rest even before the SB victory.

I don't see him catch up to Bill, however. Reid is 62 in a month and has health concerns. He'll probably start a mini dynasty with Mahomes though and I can see him win one or two more SBs.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 02-03-2020 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    In terms of the bellicheck era id have him only behind bellicheck and well ahead of the peytons/dungy/grudens of the world tbh... Where would you rank him and do you think with this team he could go down even ahead of bellicheck if he wins like 3 or 4?
    Andy is definitely #2 in his era, and certainly a Hall of Famer, but theres really nothing he could ever do to pass Bill.

If:
    -A. Belichick retired today and never coached another game
    -B. Andy Reid went undefeated every season for the next 4 years, winning the Super Bowl every single time

Their all time Head Coaching careers (including BB with the Browns) would look like this:

BB:
    273-127 (.683) Regular Season
    31-12 (.721) Playoffs
    9 Conference Championships
    6 Super Bowl Wins

Andy:
    271-128-1 (.679) Regular Season
    27-14 (.659) Playoffs
    6 Conference Championships
    5 Super Bowl Wins

Even if both A and B happened, Andy would still be behind BB in every category. Neither A or B will happen. Andy has no measurable chance of ever catching BB
    Last edited by The Boztalian; 02-03-2020 at 08:39 AM.

One of my favorite games:

Coach A: 336 games, 207-128-1, .618 record (3 losing seasons), 29 playoff games, 15-14, .517 playoffs record, 1-1 Super Bowl Record.
    Coach B: 208 games, 131-77, .630 record (4 losing seasons), 15 playoff games, 8-7, .533 playoffs record, 1-0 Super Bowl Record.
    Coach C: 208 games, 133-74-1, .642 record (0 losing seasons), 15 playoff games, 8-7, .533 playoffs record, 1-1 Super Bowl record.

Who's HOF and who isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by The Boztalian View Post
    Andy is definitely #2 in his era, and certainly a Hall of Famer, but theres really nothing he could ever do to pass Bill.

If:
    -B. Andy Reid went undefeated every season for the next 4 years, winning the Super Bowl every single time

Their all time Head Coaching careers (including BB with the Browns) would look like this:

BB:
    31-12 (.721) Playoffs
    6 Super Bowl Wins

Andy:
    27-14 (.659) Playoffs
    5 Super Bowl Wins

Even if both A and B happened, Andy would still be behind BB in every category. Neither A or B will happen. Andy has no measurable chance of ever catching BB
    I mean 4 straight undefeated seasons would be ridiculous so Since there is only one coach ever to do that, Id say doing it 4 times (in a row on top of that) would make Reid the GOAT without argument. Screw the counting numbers at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

And Reid is definitely top 2 in his era and an easy HOF (even prior to the SB win).

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I mean 4 straight undefeated seasons would be ridiculous so Since there is only one coach ever to do that, Id say doing it 4 times (in a row on top of that) would make Reid the GOAT without argument. Screw the counting numbers at that point.

My main point is just that its pretty much statistically impossible for Andy to ever catch Bill. Obviously he wont go undefeated for 4 years in a row, but if he does, sure, we can call him the greatest

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    One of my favorite games:

Coach A: 336 games, 207-128-1, .618 record (3 losing seasons), 29 playoff games, 15-14, .517 playoffs record, 1-1 Super Bowl Record.
    Coach B: 208 games, 131-77, .630 record (4 losing seasons), 15 playoff games, 8-7, .533 playoffs record, 1-0 Super Bowl Record.
    Coach C: 208 games, 133-74-1, .642 record (0 losing seasons), 15 playoff games, 8-7, .533 playoffs record, 1-1 Super Bowl record.

Who's HOF and who isn't?
    Id vote all 3 in, and I think all 3 will get in after they retire.

Id vote all 3 in, and I think all 3 will get in after they retire.
    1 of them recently was commented on as "borderline at best".

That's Andy Reid (A), Sean Peyton (B), Mike Tomlin (C).

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I had him 2nd after Belichick but quite a distance ahead of the rest even before the SB victory.

I don't see him catch up to Bill though. Reid is 62 in a month and has health concerns. He'll probably start a mini dynasty with Mahomes though and I can see him win one or two more SBs.
    I agree on ranking. Looks poised to win another super bowl or more but weve all seen things fluctuate.

I suppose someone could argue Andy won with a lot of different QBs whereas Bill only had Brady but the easy counter to that is that BB won definitely his first and arguably his second and third before Brady was really BRADY and for all the winning Andy did he never actually won until Mahomes who might be the best weve ever seen.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    1 of them recently was commented on as "borderline at best".

That's Andy Reid (A), Sean Peyton (B), Mike Tomlin (C).
    Yeah no way any of those guys are borderline. The only coaches with more wins than them that have a higher winning percentage than them are Belichick, Halas, and Shula.

The only coaches with more wins than them who arent in the Hall of Fame are Holmgren, Fisher, Shanahan, Coughlin, Knox, Reeves, Schottenheimer. Of those, only Holmgren, Shanahan, and Coughlin have Super Bowl rings. None of them have the winning% of the 3 you mentioned.

Not to mention, all three that you mentioned are still going, and prob will be for a while.

Yeah no way any of those guys are borderline. The only coaches with more wins than them that have a higher winning percentage than them are Belichick, Halas, and Shula.

The only coaches with more wins than them who arent in the Hall of Fame are Holmgren, Fisher, Shanahan, Coughlin, Knox, Reeves, Schottenheimer. Of those, only Holmgren, Shanahan, and Coughlin have Super Bowl rings. None of them have the winning% of the 3 you mentioned.

Not to mention, all three that you mentioned are still going, and prob will be for a while.
    And taking rumors are face value, Tomlin might be the first of the three to retire despite being the youngest.

If:

BB:
    31-12 (.721) Playoffs
    6 Super Bowl Wins

Andy:
    27-14 (.659) Playoffs
    5 Super Bowl Wins

This seems short sighted given that if Andy Reid had Brady as his QB he'd have more wins. The best coach can't win without good players.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

2020:
    Dak: 1188 @ 67.1%, 8.3 per att, 5 TD, 2 (1.4%) INT, 98.5 Rate 76.7 QBR
    Wentz: 737 @ 59.8%, 5.6 per att, 3 TD, 6 INT (4.5%), 63.9 Rate 35.5 QBR

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    This seems short sighted given that if Andy Reid had Brady as his QB he'd have more wins. The best coach can't win without good players.
    In reference to the bolded part, both of these coaches in particular are responsible for the players theyve had. Both act as GM, controlling the draft, trades, free agents, etc. Belichick having been better at that part of the job over the past 20 years shouldnt be used as an argument against him. If we want to discredit Belichicks accomplishments because hes had the benefit of Brady, should we discredit this championship of Andy's because he had the benefit of Mahomes? (of course not)

And I wouldnt call that info short sighted. Its literally just the numbers as they are with 20+ year sample sizes.

Andy Reid is definitely top 5

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast