Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Most interesting tweet of the night... I know it's one of those regular season for LBJ however --

LA Clippers Film@LAClippersFilm

There's a common theme building with the Lakers vs the Celtics / Bucks / Clippers. (Independent of the results of this Cs game, although 1st half showed this IMO)

Throw long active big wings on Bron, neutralize him a bit and things become infinitely tougher for them.

Quote Originally Posted by kobebabe View Post
    Guys I was at this game. Drove all the way from NY to watch us play with no effort whatsoever and get the worst loss of the season [emoji1751]*[emoji3601]. I was seating amidst Celtics faithfuls and you could tell they were taunting me soon as they realized I was a lakers fan [emoji53]
    Sorry to hear that was the game you went to because we absolutely did not show up. Who cares about Boston and their fans.

Most of them support the cheating arse Patriots and knowing still support that.

We will hopefully get them back when they come to Staples.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

[/SIGPIC]
    [/IMG]

Encouraging loss...

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Game View Post
    Sorry to hear that was the game you went to because we absolutely did not show up. Who cares about Boston and their fans.

Most of them support the cheating arse Patriots and knowing still support that.

We will hopefully get them back when they come to Staples.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Didn't Celdik fans wear paper bags during the 2006-07 season that said "Fire Doc" and "Fire Ainge" and also changed MVP for Kobe in Boston?

Celdik fans are a fkn joke. They can go suck on dem purple & gold tittaayyyssss !!!!!!

James Harden just called. He said the Lakers played terrible defense.

"I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

Another loss to another well coached, defensive, physical team.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    We don't have to worry about boston, after the game @staples we will not meet again, they will not get to the finals and we might not as well.

But yeah that should be a reminder for what's coming to staples next week (clippers) and late march (bucks).

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    We don't have to worry about boston, after the game @staples we will not meet again, they will not get to the finals and we might not as well.

But yeah that should be a reminder for what's coming to staples next week (clippers) and late march (bucks).
    Boston was just the latest defensive, physical team to put it on us, not worried about them but rather the blueprint to beat us. Good thing for us though is that most of the physical defensive teams play in the East (Toronto, Miami, Boston & Milwaukee). In the West it's pretty much just the Clippers.

IMO it would be better for us the play the Clippers in the 2nd round (if we were to play). Honestly, i don't like our chances if we were to play the Clippers and Bucks in back to back series. I'd rather play the Clippers in the 2nd round, then play a series against a cupcake team, then the Bucks in the Finals.

Boston was just the latest defensive, physical team to put it on us, not worried about them but rather the blueprint to beat us. Good thing for us though is that most of the physical defensive teams play in the East (Toronto, Miami, Boston & Milwaukee). In the West it's pretty much just the Clippers.

IMO it would be better for us the play the Clippers in the 2nd round (if we were to play). Honestly, i don't like our chances if we were to play the Clippers and Bucks in back to back series. I'd rather play the Clippers in the 2nd round, then play a series against a cupcake team, then the Bucks in the Finals.
    Honestly I feel no pressure, we had some signals to make some adjustments and we'll still get some more before season's end, if we still can't beat LAC or milwaukee in a 7 games series then we don't deserve any parade.

10. 01-22-2020, 02:11 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Honestly I feel no pressure, we had some signals to make some adjustments and we'll still get some more before season's end, if we still can't beat LAC or milwaukee in a 7 games series then we don't deserve any parade.
    Yep, pretty spot on.

Yep, this is what I have been concerned about all season. LBJ's style of play, while very effective against non-contenders, is mostly only good for putting up inflated numbers that do not lead to winning basketball. This why LBJ has always needed 2 additional stars beside him, because his style of play requires that his team be much, much better than the opposition in order to make up for the non-winning style of play that LBJ adheres to (i.e., dominating the ball and making everything go through him). This is the reason why I've been stressing that we need an offense that doesn't revolve around LBJ dribbling around most of the game. I was hoping that we would start seeing it by this time, but so far no luck. There's still certainly time, but we need to get on it sooner rather than later.

LBJ's game reminds of the saying "there's show muscles and then there's go muscles". Show muscles are the ones that look really nice (like LBJ's numbers) but don't necessarily translate to the type of strength and power one would think they correspond to (like actually winning). Then there are those people who don't really look all that strong, but are able to easily outperform those with the really impressive physiques. LBJ's numbers look nice and all, but anyone who has been watching this season can easily see that he's been rendered fairly inept against elite teams thus far. It's been a recurring theme throughout his career. Hopefully we can change the narrative this time around because we're not getting a third star, at least not this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Yep, this is what I have been concerned about all season. LBJ's style of play, while very effective against non-contenders, is mostly only good for putting up inflated numbers that do not lead to winning basketball. This why LBJ has always needed 2 additional stars beside him, because his style of play requires that his team be much, much better than the opposition in order to make up for the non-winning style of play that LBJ adheres to (i.e., dominating the ball and making everything go through him). This is the reason why I've been stressing that we need an offense that doesn't revolve around LBJ dribbling around most of the game. I was hoping that we would start seeing it by this time, but so far no luck. There's still certainly time, but we need to get on it sooner rather than later.
    I really hope Collison decides us because this might help take some of that ball responsibility off of him. Collison is a seasoned vet so Lebron will probably be ok with him handling the ball.

"I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    I really hope Collison decides us because this might help take some of that ball responsibility off of him. Collison is a seasoned vet so Lebron will probably be ok with him handling the ball.
    Yeah, Collison would help tremendously.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Yeah you know that I agree. But we knew what we were getting when we signed LBJ. When he's on the court he's handling the ball.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast