Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2020 Crazy Mets Predictions

OK let it RIP. This is what I am calling for this season:

-DeGrom has a better season and captures his 3rd Cy Young award.
    -Aloso regresses to hit only 55 bombs and 120 rib
    -Syndergaard wins 19 games leads the league in strikeouts and hits 3hr in one game, there is talk about him becoming a two way player if the NL get the DH
    -Cano gets injured in Spring training and we dont see him for the season (Wilpons get insurance money)
    -McNeal becomes one of the league's best 3B and wins batting title, scored 100+ runs
    -Rosario finally puts it together for a full season and is top 6 SS in the MLB
    -Davis smashes 30hr and hits .320
    -Conforto has MVP second half 23 bombs, 65 RBI, .330
    -Betances and Diaz challange each other for saves, driving up the k's and the Saves. Diaz solidifies himself as the closer. Mets Bullpen becomes its strength.

Mets win 99 games, clinch division and beat the Twins in the WS in 5 games with nasty pitching.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Syndergaard has a career year.
    Rosario takes an even bigger step forward and becomes a 300 plus hitter with 20+hr
    McNeil wins the batting title
    Wacha becomes a force in the pen
    Marisnick has a big offensive year off the bench w/power

Some of those aren't that crazy, Flo! Cano missing the year, Rosie putting it all together, and Conforto doing his best Conforto impression and having a bonkers half-season are all within the realm of possibility.

Here's mine.

-Jeff McNeil hits a wall. .270 with mild power and loses playing time to JD Davis.
    -deGrom has a fantastic year to rival 2018 but nobody wants to give him a third Cy Young so they use a couple of blips in May and July as an excuse to give it to someone else.
    -Alonso only hits 40 bombs but dramatically increases his walks and finishes 3rd in the MVP race
    -Betances and Lugo tag-team closing duties; they total a combined 55 saves
    -Diaz implodes early and often and is relegated to the bench by mid-May and traded at the deadline for peanuts.
    -Robinson Cano has a renaissance year, plays 155 games, hits over .300 with 27 homers and finishes 2nd in the MVP race
    -Noah Syndergaard is outstanding. The ball is relatively juiceless, his slider is more crisp, and he's back to destroying batters who can't keep up with his velocity. He also hits 10HR and wins the MVP (and Cy Young).

Mets hire Riggleman to be the new manager.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

In a week Mets say **** it and rehire Beltran.

Conforto has a 5-6 WAR season

Pete hits less homers but becomes a more complete hitter, going for a 1.000 OPS.

Thor has a Cy Young caliber season.

Rosario puts up a near .800 OPS and becomes elite defensively.

McNeil gets top 10 MVP votes

deGrom has another cy young season and narrowly beats out Syndergaard.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

JD hits .330 with 35 HRs playing an adequate LF.

Mets will win the World Series in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Some of those aren't that crazy, Flo! Cano missing the year, Rosie putting it all together, and Conforto doing his best Conforto impression and having a bonkers half-season are all within the realm of possibility.

Here's mine.

-Jeff McNeil hits a wall. .270 with mild power and loses playing time to JD Davis.
    -deGrom has a fantastic year to rival 2018 but nobody wants to give him a third Cy Young so they use a couple of blips in May and July as an excuse to give it to someone else.
    -Alonso only hits 40 bombs but dramatically increases his walks and finishes 3rd in the MVP race
    -Betances and Lugo tag-team closing duties; they total a combined 55 saves
    -Diaz implodes early and often and is relegated to the bench by mid-May and traded at the deadline for peanuts.
    -Robinson Cano has a renaissance year, plays 155 games, hits over .300 with 27 homers and finishes 2nd in the MVP race
    -Noah Syndergaard is outstanding. The ball is relatively juiceless, his slider is more crisp, and he's back to destroying batters who can't keep up with his velocity. He also hits 10HR and wins the MVP (and Cy Young).
    Lmao with Sydergaard... love the list

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Mets will win the World Series in 2020.
    I actually have a strong feeling that they will actually win it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Well the 1986 Mets won it again after 17 years, maybe we needed to wait twice as long this time before the next one? 1986 + 34 years = 2020

I am going on the hope that eventually something has to go ****ing right for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    The optimism in here is overwhelming haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What in the **** is up with all the optimism in here?

-we win more games than last year
    -the homerun #s drop back down leaguewide
    -Cespedes hits 20+ HRs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah this feels like a winner this year. Just something about the upcoming season feels good.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast