Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 77
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,797

    Embiid will continue to shy away from the post.

    https://clutchpoints.com/sixers-news...-barkley-want/

    I think it's safe to say this isn't just a Brett Brown or Ben Simmons problem and Joel simply wants to be out on the perimeter.
    Personally I don't like this at all he's simply not good enough out there to justify being away from the paint where he, in theory, should be physically dominating. It might be about time to admit he like the rest of modern basketball is just plain soft and wont be the guy we need him to be.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayla View Post
    https://clutchpoints.com/sixers-news...-barkley-want/

    I think it's safe to say this isn't just a Brett Brown or Ben Simmons problem and Joel simply wants to be out on the perimeter.
    Personally I don't like this at all he's simply not good enough out there to justify being away from the paint where he, in theory, should be physically dominating. It might be about time to admit he like the rest of modern basketball is just plain soft and wont be the guy we need him to be.
    We will send you Waiters KO and Meyers Leonard for him at the deadline.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    110,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayla View Post
    https://clutchpoints.com/sixers-news...-barkley-want/

    I think it's safe to say this isn't just a Brett Brown or Ben Simmons problem and Joel simply wants to be out on the perimeter.
    Personally I don't like this at all he's simply not good enough out there to justify being away from the paint where he, in theory, should be physically dominating. It might be about time to admit he like the rest of modern basketball is just plain soft and wont be the guy we need him to be.
    nobody wants him to go in the post every play... its not fafe to say its not a brett brown thing when all our bigs are doing the same thing... did you see horford tonight? 2-9 from 3... at the start of the 4th our big had more 3 point shots then all over our 3 point shooters not named harris... it is 100 percent a brown thing and the system sucks... joel isnt going to keep going down and getting doubled because he hates it because and wait for it BEN SIMMONS.... if we had a pg that would help with spacing joel would have a field day inside whenever he wanted... its a brown/ben simmons thing and it always has been..


    tell your boy to shoot from non shaq distance and embiid wont get doubled and tripled every single time he touches the ball... Ben simmons took 13 shots tonight... guess how many were inside 4 feet?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    25,167
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    nobody wants him to go in the post every play... its not fafe to say its not a brett brown thing when all our bigs are doing the same thing... did you see horford tonight? 2-9 from 3... at the start of the 4th our big had more 3 point shots then all over our 3 point shooters not named harris... it is 100 percent a brown thing and the system sucks... joel isnt going to keep going down and getting doubled because he hates it because and wait for it BEN SIMMONS.... if we had a pg that would help with spacing joel would have a field day inside whenever he wanted... its a brown/ben simmons thing and it always has been..


    tell your boy to shoot from non shaq distance and embiid wont get doubled and tripled every single time he touches the ball... Ben simmons took 13 shots tonight... guess how many were inside 4 feet?
    13?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    110,540
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    13?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    110,540
    i have never seen a player more coddled then ben simmons and the worst part is he gives no ****s about how he is screwing our bigs/coaches etc.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    110,540
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjn2w6zNDo8


    amazing ben simmons highlights... love them... not one shot he took was outside the restricted area as a pg. Dude is a very good player but kills the team offensively... he was 8-9 in the first half... finished 9-13... he took 4 shots int he entire 2nd half... dudes the best.


    OP is a ben simmons fan talking about embiid being soft when embiid is forced to play pg because ben simmons is forced to play at shaq distance because he refuses to shoot or improve... but yes joel is soft lmfao... gtfo.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,553
    I see your point More than most but Embiid needs to make it an effort to get in the post more whether coach likes it or not the star player needs to do things like that sometimes. He also needs to be better about passing it out of the double teams to the open guy, even if itís Simmons he can attack right off the catch and blow by his defender closing out

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    110,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    I see your point More than most but Embiid needs to make it an effort to get in the post more whether coach likes it or not the star player needs to do things like that sometimes. He also needs to be better about passing it out of the double teams to the open guy, even if itís Simmons he can attack right off the catch and blow by his defender closing out
    he def needs to be better at finding the open guy and passing out of double teams... no doubt... but this is also something no other player deals with because they literally leave ben simmons alone so passing out of the double would be to a ben simmons who will refuse to shoot or anything.... i cant remember a pg ever being as gun shy as ben simmons... dudes a great player he is just hurting the team because of one area where he refuses to improve... even if he ended up shooting lets say 43 pct from the field and 25 pct from 3 they would respect him way more than they do now.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    57,407
    Iíve been saying this for a while. Itís more Embiid than coaching. Canít help being right sometimes.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    110,540
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Iíve been saying this for a while. Itís more Embiid than coaching. Canít help being right sometimes.
    horford 2-9 from 3... used to set screens all night and chuck 3s... its not being right its being delusional... how many times have we used any center like an actual center? the only reason we dont use pelle to chuck 3s is because that isnt a skill set of his... quinn/horford do the same **** embiid is doing... pelle was literally setting a screen tonight with 4 others guys behind the arc just for us to chuck a 3 with 0 chance at getting a rebound.... pelle was out guarding kyrie on the peremeter... embiid doesnt want to go inside and face double teams 24/7 no doubt but who does? embiid knows ben simmons is a center at this point and is useless in the half court so why would he want to go inside daily? the issue isnt him going inside because he does it and is if i recall the most efficient post scorer in basketball its that our scheme has him/horford/quinn outside doing something they arent best at because if they go inside they get doubled.


    Embiid doesnt feel like being inside a ton is good basketball because he is double teamed and there is no space......................... WHY IS THAT?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    57,407
    Sometimes your argument completely falls apart to me.

    Take for example last night. Jarrett Allen is a great shot blocker. The Nets put him on Simmons in the second half. So they tried to get Allen switched onto Horford/OíQuinn and space them to get a shot blocker out of the paint and open the lane.

    Game to game: why would you, as a coach, continually post up a center with an even matchup and not call on 1 of 3 players that could potentially have a size mismatch in the post. I think it would be stupid to ask Horford body Allen in the post whoís the same size, when you could have Harris whoís got 2 inches on Joe Harris and Prince, and 20 pounds on both of them. Or Kyrie or Dinwiddie trying to body Simmons in the post.

    The issue isnít where the center is playing, itís the lack of movement around those mismatches that need to be exploited. Add on top of that the reason Horford and Gasol own Embiid is they get physical with him and he tends to shy away from being bodied.

    So yes in a vacuum centers should be posting up more. But not trying to take advantage of mismatches is a much quicker way to get fired.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    110,540
    when joel is off the floor and horford is in he is being used the exact same way even when ben simmons is off the floor... same when oquinn plays... joel just has more freedom but our go to move is 5 guys behind the perimeter while we chuck a 3 and run no real offense or go to joel right inside the perimeter and let him save us or turn it over. It took us forever to draw up cutting plays for ben simmons lol... horford has been getting his curry on since joel has been injured


    tonight horford- 2-9 from 3... had 2 buckets in the paint

    against the pacers- 5-11 0-3 from 3

    against the mavs- 6-16 3-9 from 3 with again 2 buckets in the paint...


    in the last 3 games horford has taken 21 3s and scored like 4 total buckets in the paint BUT THIS ISNT A SCHEME ISSUE... its either a 3 or a deep 2 from horford over the last 3 games and by a deep 2 i mean legit right inside the 3 point line. This isnt smart basketball for our team.... we arent a great 3 point shooting team and again we use our centers like 3 point specialists and our pg like a center... we had mike scott posting up the last few games before he was benched with al horford behind the arc.... tell me why? in what world is mike scott posting up in the paint and al horford behind the 3 point line smart basketball?
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 01-16-2020 at 09:20 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    57,407
    I just told you why certain things work and you donít like the answer. Basketball is a game of matchups, and not taking advantage is stupid.

    Itís hit time that you stop posting this numbers without the context of what else is going on.

    Instead of spewing the same paragraph over and over, answer why you donít want other mismatches taken advantage of.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    8,589
    Horford started playing outside in Atlanta when he was next to Josh Smith. I'm not sure what you thought you were getting MtM, but Al isn't on the perimeter because of the system or the personnel. He's out there because that's where he wants to play, so it's not really evidence of anything regarding Embiid.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •