Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the mvp so far?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lebron

4 22.22%
  • Doncic

5 27.78%
  • Giannis

8 44.44%
  • Harden

1 5.56%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the Mvp?

Who is the Mvp?

Who is the mvp so far this season.... harden/lebron/doncic/giannis.... its not close after these 4 in my opinion... who do you got?

Giannis for me. he is scoring at a pretty similar rate to harden while being easily the best defender of the bunch on the best team. Lebron is the best passer, but by far the worst scorer. Harden is the best scorer carrying the biggest load, but I think the defense separates them. there is an interesting discussion of giannis only playing 31 minutes vs Hardens 38. on one hand, can you dock Giannis when his team is blowing teams out so he doesn't need to play as many minutes, or do you reward Harden for playing 38 minutes a game. Doncic is putting up insane numbers and leading a team no one really expected to be this good to a new level, but I think giannis has a better case.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...01&idx=players

I dont think there is any wrong answer with giannis/Doncic/Lebron or Harden.. Personally I think Giannis/Lebron/Doncis are ahead of harden... Id probably go with lebron with giannis/doncic tied for 2nd.... Lebron has been a monster 2 way player this year as well... Lebron has been the best defender in basketball this year followed by butler and KL. Giannis has been a slightly better offensive player but lebron is by far the best player in basketball this season and its not really close

I'm pulling for Doncic but I'm with MTM in saying that there's really no wrong answer right now. I have a feeling it'll come down to Giannis or Lebron.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I know I'll be crucified for the homer pick, but it's Harden. He's first is WS, WS/48 and VORP and top 3 in PER and BPM. And he's averaging an absurd 38 freaking points per game with insane efficiency despite his ridiculous volume of shots. This is his greatest statistical season ever, and he's got the Rockets sitting at 3rd in the West despite incorporating Westbrook into the offense and dealing with injuries on the team.

Giannis is unbelievable and he's the superior defender, but he's not remotely on Harden's level offensively. Also, his team success is inflated by the fourth easiest strength of schedule in the league this far.

Doncic is also incredible. But Harden's numbers are better, and his team's record is better.

I love Lebron, but I kinda don't think he belongs in the conversation with the other three. The other three guys are having historic, otherworldly seasons, and Lebron is like 14th in WS/48. Without pulling up his numbers, I'm guessing this season wouldn't even be among the 10 best of his career. And the fact that he plays next to Davis hurts his chances.

Lamar Jackson, lol j.k Luka is the most deserving at the halfway mark, doesn't mean he'll get it though.

Giannis, even better than last year and his team has the best record.

Greek is the MVP. Only Hardenís insane scoring is enough to keep up with Greeks dominance. If Harden can get to the magical number of 40 points a game then Harden is the unanimous MVP.

Doncic is a special player. He has next.

Lebron might not win MVP but it donít mean he wonít win 2020 overall.

AD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    AD

It's not as much fun trying to rile people up these days is it when you have to wait 24 hours for the reaction lol

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 01-08-2020 at 12:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Greek is the MVP. Only Hardenís insane scoring is enough to keep up with Greeks dominance. If Harden can get to the magical number of 40 points a game then Harden is the unanimous MVP.
    I'm sorry, but I don't remotely understand the logic behind this statement. Why do people fall so much in love with round numbers? Whether he averages 38 or 40 points per game this season, it will still be the most any player has averaged since Wilt Chamberlain. Add on the fact that Harden's efficiency this season has been ridiculous, and that's just an insane accomplishment.

This logic is the same logic that allowed Westbrook to be the MVP over Harden when he averaged a triple double. People need to get over round numbers and start looking more into the context of what the numbers represent. An extra two points per game should not be the difference between a guy winning MVP unanimously and finishing second in MVP. That's ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't remotely understand the logic behind this statement. Why do people fall so much in love with round numbers? Whether he averages 38 or 40 points per game this season, it will still be the most any player has averaged since Wilt Chamberlain. Add on the fact that Harden's efficiency this season has been ridiculous, and that's just an insane accomplishment.

This logic is the same logic that allowed Westbrook to be the MVP over Harden when he averaged a triple double. People need to get over round numbers and start looking more into the context of what the numbers represent. An extra two points per game should not be the difference between a guy winning MVP unanimously and finishing second in MVP. That's ludicrous.
    agreed. looking at their numbers and team context. it's clearly Kawhis mvp

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    AD

how come he can't win without bron out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    how come he can't win without bron out there?

LeBron was great last year with out him and totally won't puss out again if AD goes down for the year

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    It's not as much fun trying to rile people up these days is it when you have to wait 24 hours for the reaction lol

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    the guy has has carried LeBron. Its impressive

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast