Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    I think it's indicative of how seriously everybody in the league views this. Everyone who got suspended also got fired. That actually surprised me.

And yet...

Rampant rumors of players going above and beyond, using body-worn technology, to cheat the game, and baseball literally grants them all immunity. It's like they wanted their fall guys, and want it to go away.
    But Beltran received no punishment from the league (I understand why) and he's out of a job too. The only guy I'm surprised is out of a job are Beltran and Lunhow. Once that year suspension came down for Hinch, he was replaceable. Same with Cora who is presumably going to get a longer suspension.

I have no doubt this went on when Beltran was a part of the Yankees last year and this goes beyond the Astros and Red Sox in terms of teams using video to record signs.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    I think it's indicative of how seriously everybody in the league views this. Everyone who got suspended also got fired. That actually surprised me.

And yet...

Rampant rumors of players going above and beyond, using body-worn technology, to cheat the game, and baseball literally grants them all immunity. It's like they wanted their fall guys, and want it to go away.
    Yes! This is what I have been saying. They pat themselves on the back for going after the low hanging fruit. Itís bull ****.

Beltran stepping down as Mets manager

The hypocrisy of this situation is unreal. Beltran was barely a factor on that team. He wasnít a coach, he wasnít a key player.

But Justin Verlander, who complains about juiced balls and everything else gets to keep his ring and his money? The hitters who benefitted come away without a scratch?

And yeah, I do believe this will blow over and we are going to find out a bench player at the end of his career was not a major part of a front office run scam. But our scandal plagued owners get to run him out of town for back page aesthetics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

The more I think about it the more I get. Our Owners/GM are still morons but I always felt Beltran was a quiet guy and would have a tough time dealing with the media and stuff like that. Now compounding this sign stealing scandal on top of that he probably didnít want to deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    The hypocrisy of this situation is unreal. Beltran was barely a factor on that team. He wasnít a coach, he wasnít a key player.

But Justin Verlander, who complains about juiced balls and everything else gets to keep his ring and his money? The hitters who benefitted come away without a scratch?

And yeah, I do believe this will blow over and we are going to find out a bench player at the end of his career was not a major part of a front office run scam. But our scandal plagued owners get to run him out of town for back page aesthetics.

The key is Gamer's assertion that there could be juice that Beltran was about to be further implicated in his role stealing signs with the Yanks. The Mets might have been warned that was coming; Beltran could have been similarly warned, and both sides felt it was best to part ways to keep things less messy.

That's the only way this move makes sense.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

Always thought there was something shady about him. Imagine if he stayed, every move the Mets would have made would have been questioned. Whoever comes in as manager now will know that he was not the front office's first choice. Looks like another season that will be a disaster.

Thatís ok because this front office and ownership is pretty much the fan baseís last choice.

We will be fine with the new manager as long as he wins. He should be fine knowing winning is what matters.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Unreal this team talks about integrity with owners like the Wilpons. Not that its going to matter much in terms of results but i'm bummed Beltran had to go out this way. I understand he broke the rules but I was hoping that the team would suspend him and move on. Its a shame they let the media dictate their decision because the fans didn't care nearly as much as the media wanted and drove the narrative in regards to.
    I hate to defend these clowns, but once the media took to twitter and implied Beltran shouldnít have a job anymore the Mets were backed into a corner. If he stays the media makes this a story all year long and it is part of every conversation. The second something weird happens on the field itís a problem.

The media turned this into a circus and forced the Mets to fire Beltran. Now something might happen with this Yankees stuff and we wonít know for a while, but as of right now this is 100% on the media.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    The key is Gamer's assertion that there could be juice that Beltran was about to be further implicated in his role stealing signs with the Yanks. The Mets might have been warned that was coming; Beltran could have been similarly warned, and both sides felt it was best to part ways to keep things less messy.

That's the only way this move makes sense.
    https://twitter.com/dplennon/status/...023457281?s=21

Beltran wanted to stay, but Wilpons wanted no part of the distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    I hate to defend these clowns, but once the media took to twitter and implied Beltran shouldnít have a job anymore the Mets were backed into a corner. If he stays the media makes this a story all year long and it is part of every conversation. The second something weird happens on the field itís a problem.

The media turned this into a circus and forced the Mets to fire Beltran. Now something might happen with this Yankees stuff and we wonít know for a while, but as of right now this is 100% on the media.

The Mets could have mitigated that by taking action instead of staying silent until today. Obviously the Mets are worried about more coming out and that's why a suspension presumably wasn't enough punishment. That would have sufficed imo had this been all of it. There's no way this would have had significant legs going into the season and thereafter. Its not the deal the media is making out to be.

I understand why the Mets and Beltran did what they did but it didn't have to come to this imo. Most fans don't even give a ****.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-16-2020 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SJ5382 View Post
    It's easy to sit here and say "the Mets should've weathered the storm" when we have no idea how big this storm is gonna actually end up being. Today alone this thing has started to explode.
    Mets fans, meaning me, don't give a ****. Brodie Vangina should have had Beltran's back. Coward.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Mets fans, meaning me, don't give a ****. Brodie Vangina should have had Beltran's back. Coward.
    100 percent agree, they caved in to the mob

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Now the Shermans of the world can go back to writing about Syndegard trades that wont happen

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post

Will the medis grill Cole about what he saw and heard in the dugout

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast