Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Curious... if you believe a 20-year MLB veteran doesn't have the means to be a manager, why do you believe fans that have never played pro baseball -- like yourself? -- have the insight to criticize the moves managers make?
    And Dug is back. :-)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    People were starting to talk about the Cora and Bregman comments over the last 48 hours. I bet Beltran set up a system for the Yankees, and I hope to Christ the league investigates. Beltran may be out of a job, but the Yankees shouldn't get away with their part.
    If they do investigate the Yankees , they likely won’t find a lot since the Yankees obviously didn’t benefit that much
    From any sign stealing since they still lost to the Astros and were 3-2 at home in the playoffs .

As for Beltran it seems to me he had more balls than the Mets front office since it was he who made the decision on what to do next and not the Mets .

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    If they do investigate the Yankees , they likely won’t find a lot since the Yankees obviously didn’t benefit that much
    From and sign stealing since they still lost to the Astros and were 3-2 at home in the playoffs .
    That doesn't make any sense. First of all, losing to another team notorious for stealing signs doesn't mean that the Yankees didn't also steal signs. Nor does stealing signs doesn't guarantee wins. And the MLB report didn't speculate on the benefit of stealing signs, just the cold facts of rule violations. So if the Yankees did it, and there's evidence, then they will be punished regardless of the outcome. It just looks worse when the last two World Series champs happen to be the ones who got caught.

From any sign stealing since they still lost to the Astros and were 3-2 at home in the playoffs .

As for Beltran it seems to me he had more balls than the Mets front office since it was he who made the decision on what to do next and not the Mets .
    You don't really know that. That could have been done just to allow him to save face.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    You don't really know that. That could have been done just to allow him to save face.
    They "mutually agreed to part ways." Which is a polite way of saying he was fired.

I do wonder if calling it a mutual parting allows the Mets to keep their money.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    I think the front office being so silent about Beltran until he stepped down speaks pretty loudly .

Bottom line: this regime has rightfully earned criticism and skepticism from Mets fans, and all baseball fans. I don't know that they messed up this whole process, but people will assume they did, because it's the Mets. That won't change unless we win a World Series and/or Cohen takes over and cleans house. But even then, anytime something happens, we'll be hearing the same old "lolmets" and "classic Mets" nonsense.
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

It’s lolmets because they came out and said it was a Houston issue.

They never asked Beltrán about the cheating.

Then after the news broke they decided to talk to mlb and after that they decided to part ways.

I think the front office being so silent about Beltran until he stepped down speaks pretty loudly .
    If you think Beltran stepped down, I have a bridge to sell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    It’s lolmets because they came out and said it was a Houston issue.

They never asked Beltrán about the cheating.

Then after the news broke they decided to talk to mlb and after that they decided to part ways.
    After the whole microfracture surgery debacle, you have to question why Beltran would ever work for these owners ever again.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

By the way, the more people are talking, the more it seems this investigation was a joke. There's talk about Astros players wearing buzzers under the jerseys to signal the pitch (offspeed/fastball), and even some pics and videos that at least give credence to the claim, including Altuve rounding third base after a walk-off telling his teammates not to tear his jersey off. This Twitter account that is supposedly Beltran's niece is also saying this.

I have no clue why the players weren't included on the punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    By the way, the more people are talking, the more it seems this investigation was a joke. There's talk about Astros players wearing buzzers under the jerseys to signal the pitch (offspeed/fastball), and even some pics and videos that at least give credence to the claim, including Altuve rounding third base after a walk-off telling his teammates not to tear his jersey off. This Twitter account that is supposedly Beltran's niece is also saying this.

I have no clue why the players weren't included on the punishment.
    This and more.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    After the whole microfracture surgery debacle, you have to question why Beltran would ever work for these owners ever again.
    He came out and said that the only team he has ****ing interest in managing was the Mets! You have guys like Betances coming out and say that Beltrán was a big reason why he signed here.

This ****ing organization is a joke.

We have a ****ing manager saying he wants to beat a reporter and he gets a pass, but then this?

I am at the point that I just might not go to any ****ing games next year.

Any bobble head they give away I’ll just buy it on eBay.

He came out and said that the only team he has ****ing interest in managing was the Mets! You have guys like Betances coming out and say that Beltrán was a big reason why he signed here.

We have a ****ing manager saying he wants to beat a reporter and he gets a pass, but then this?

So what you're saying is that because he helped and loved the team, he should get a pass?

Something here is a ****ing joke, but it ain't the organization.

(Well, yeah, it still is. But you know what I mean)

Unreal this team talks about integrity with owners like the Wilpons. Not that its going to matter much in terms of results but i'm bummed Beltran had to go out this way. I understand he broke the rules but I was hoping that the team would suspend him and move on. Its a shame they let the media dictate their decision because the fans didn't care nearly as much as the media wanted and drove the narrative in regards to.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast