Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 210
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    45,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    You are correct, there was no suspension coming, they just succumbed to the media pressure
    Lol, I'm not used to being on the same side of the fence as you. But yeah, that's how I see it.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    60ft 6in away
    Posts
    13,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    You are correct, there was no suspension coming, they just succumbed to the media pressure
    You mean they didn't want to have a stain on their organization? Who could blame them? This is the biggest in-game cheating scandal in a hundred years. How could there *not* be media coverage of it? Was the media supposed to keep quiet?

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Posts
    6,874
    GOOD RIDDANCE!!! I don't know why they hired a man with absolutely no coaching experience in the first place. It didn't make sense!

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    45,704
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    The only reason he wasn't suspended is because players got immunity from the league for cooperation with the investigation. He was a player at the time, so he's in the clear.

    I also worry about the fact that he quite obviously implemented a similar system in the Bronx, not as a player but as Cashman's "special assistant". If MLB investigates that, he's absolutely going to get suspended.

    And what if he did the same **** here? You really want that? I don't.
    He quite obviously implemented a similar system in the Bronx, did he? Obviously it's not quite obvious because if it were, Yankees would have been implicated by now, just like the Astros and Red Sox were.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,216
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    You mean they didn't want to have a stain on their organization? Who could blame them? This is the biggest in-game cheating scandal in a hundred years. How could there *not* be media coverage of it? Was the media supposed to keep quiet?
    God its a non story in a week.
    So now by this criteria nobody that was associated with the Astros should be allowed to manage ever, whether its now or in 10 years when those 2017 players are retired.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    60ft 6in away
    Posts
    13,254
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    He quite obviously implemented a similar system in the Bronx, did he? Obviously it's not quite obvious because if it were, Yankees would have been implicated by now, just like the Astros and Red Sox were.
    They have been implicated.

    https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/a...n-and-devices/

    https://www.businessinsider.com/carl...ets-job-2020-1

    Letting Beltran go might cool the story down a bit, but the Yankees stuff has been coming out the last couple of days.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Posts
    6,874
    Looks like Luis Rojas would be the best choice to manage the Mets in 2020.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    60ft 6in away
    Posts
    13,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    God its a non story in a week.
    So now by this criteria nobody that was associated with the Astros should be allowed to manage ever, whether its now or in 10 years when those 2017 players are retired.
    You saying it over and over again won't make it true. It wasn't going away, not for a long time. Hinch isn't getting a job again anytime soon, nor Cora, and probably not even Luhnow.

    And again, Captain Strawman, I'm not talking about rank-and-file players. I'm talking about literally the guy who helped create the system. Beltran was not some bit player in this.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,349
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    GOOD RIDDANCE!!! I don't know why they hired a man with absolutely no coaching experience in the first place. It didn't make sense!
    coaching experience is not needed to be a good manager.. if you have the talent like aaron boone for example..

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    45,704
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    They have been implicated.

    https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/a...n-and-devices/

    https://www.businessinsider.com/carl...ets-job-2020-1

    Letting Beltran go might cool the story down a bit, but the Yankees stuff has been coming out the last couple of days.
    Ok. That might be the best justification for having him step down.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    13,218
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    coaching experience is not needed to be a good manager.. if you have the talent like aaron boone for example..
    Yep.

    Would like us to circle back and offer the job to Eduardo Perez. I'm not as obsessed with the idea that the manager "needs to know the organization" as others are. Terry would be a nice story, but we fired him for a reason, and he's probably not even interested. If we didn't hire Rojas in the first place, I don't see why we should hire him now out of desperation unless Perez turns us down.
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Amherst, MA
    Posts
    5,806
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    GOOD RIDDANCE!!! I don't know why they hired a man with absolutely no coaching experience in the first place. It didn't make sense!
    Seems to be working fine for the Yankees.

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Amherst, MA
    Posts
    5,806
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    He quite obviously implemented a similar system in the Bronx, did he? Obviously it's not quite obvious because if it were, Yankees would have been implicated by now, just like the Astros and Red Sox were.
    Yup. I think this issue dies with Beltran, and that is likely why the Mets moved on.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    49,135
    So this wasn't an Astros matter after all.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    29,873
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    GOOD RIDDANCE!!! I don't know why they hired a man with absolutely no coaching experience in the first place. It didn't make sense!
    Curious... if you believe a 20-year MLB veteran doesn't have the means to be a manager, why do you believe fans that have never played pro baseball -- like yourself? -- have the insight to criticize the moves managers make?
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.” -- Teddy Roosevelt

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •