Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    But they didnít outright fire him , he stepped down instead .
    After they made it clear to him that they didn't see a way forward with him as manager. Reports have it that he was lobbying to stay and "take the heat". They didn't think that would be good for the club and his out was to resign,

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Moving on, who will be our next manager?
    I vote for Kindly Burt Shotton.

But he's dead.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Not sure what you are implying with ," damn it"
    Iím still disappointed that this happened. Seeing that statement from Beltran makes me pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by SJ5382 View Post
    It's gonna be Rojas. Seems like a slam dunk. Not too exciting, but let's all be honest, the manager really doesn't ****ing matter that much.
    I hope itís Rojas.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I hope itís Rojas.
    I agree, I hope Cookie Rojas gets the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Itís lolmets because they came out and said it was a Houston issue.

They never asked BeltrŠn about the cheating.

Then after the news broke they decided to talk to mlb and after that they decided to part ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ5382 View Post
    There are a lot of things that aren't blatantly in the rule book, but players know not to do them...do you think having this spelled out in the rule book would've prevented it?
    No, but it would actually make it illegal. If you want to prevent it, then police the teams. But what are you going to police if there is no rule to enforce?

Apparently Jessica Mendoza was not too fond of Fiers telling reporters and that he should have gone up the chain to the team. OOok but what do you do when your Manager and Bench Coach are in on it or know about it and saying nothing? Who knows if the GM was aware of it. And its not like it was a secret either. Those BOOMS were quite loud.

Quote Originally Posted by mookiewilson View Post
    Apparently Jessica Mendoza was not too fond of Fiers telling reporters and that he should have gone up the chain to the team. OOok but what do you do when your Manager and Bench Coach are in on it or know about it and saying nothing? Who knows if the GM was aware of it. And its not like it was a secret either. Those BOOMS were quite loud.
    That comment made me lose respect for her. People have been sending this information up the chain for several years now. The Yankees have been haranguing MLB about this since 2017, to no satisfaction. The only reason this investigation happened is because Jomboy showed some videos that went viral, after reading Rosenthal's piece in The Athletic.

And even then, the more that comes out, the more MLB looks complicit. The Astros using buzzers has been an open secret, apparently, for a couple of years, yet somehow MLB didn't find any evidence. Nonsense.

And I also say some players need to get banned. Altuve, Reddick, basically that entire 2017 lineup needs to go. This is insane how bad this really was.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    That comment made me lose respect for her. People have been sending this information up the chain for several years now. The Yankees have been haranguing MLB about this since 2017, to no satisfaction. The only reason this investigation happened is because Jomboy showed some videos that went viral, after reading Rosenthal's piece in The Athletic.

And even then, the more that comes out, the more MLB looks complicit. The Astros using buzzers has been an open secret, apparently, for a couple of years, yet somehow MLB didn't find any evidence. Nonsense.

And I also say some players need to get banned. Altuve, Reddick, basically that entire 2017 lineup needs to go. This is insane how bad this really was.
    Maybe MLB went after the manager and GM because they couldn't go after the players. Good luck suspending a player with no real written rule being broken.

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    Maybe MLB went after the manager and GM because they couldn't go after the players. Good luck suspending a player with no real written rule being broken.
    Exactly their is no rule hence why guys who juiced also never got suspended.

Itís cheating but if their are no rules for it players canít get punished for it.

The funny thing with Reddick is that people keep saying a confetti sticker to his shoulder is evidence that he was wearing a buzzer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Exactly their is no rule hence why guys who juiced also never got suspended.

Itís cheating but if their are no rules for it players canít get punished for it.

The funny thing with Reddick is that people keep saying a confetti sticker to his shoulder is evidence that he was wearing a buzzer.
    Here is an article from the post that talks about LaRussa using cameras to steal signs in the 80s with the white Sox. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if that was brought over to the cardinals. I have long suspected that was the case. It always felt like the cardinal hitters knew what was coming in all those playoff races.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/17/tony-l...jack-mcdowell/

The players didnít get punished because Manfred had already granted them immunity before the investigation started for telling him the truth . That and because he didnít have the balls to take on the players union

Quote Originally Posted by mookiewilson View Post
    I agree, I hope Cookie Rojas gets the job.

Mel Rojas

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I vote for Kindly Burt Shotton.

But he's dead.
    But he would have had to put on a baseball uniform. He was out of baseball and when Leo Durocher was suspended Branch Rickey pleaded with him to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    But he would have had to put on a baseball uniform. He was out of baseball and when Leo Durocher was suspended Branch Rickey pleaded with him to come back.
    He never would have agreed to the Nike "Swoosh."

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314