Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Beltran stepping down as Mets manager

Carlos Beltran's neice tweeted that her uncle is stepping down. She was also the one who tweeted the first info of Beltran being hired as manager. So that certainly adds some cred.

https://www.nj.com/mets/2020/01/mlb-...g-scandal.html

Either way this is looking bad. I had nothing against hiring Beltran but Girardi was the guy we needed to get being that we are a win now team. Obviously the Coupons didnít want to pay him or give him full autonomy but dealing with this mess now is the last thing we need

Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    Either way this is looking bad. I had nothing against hiring Beltran but Girardi was the guy we needed to get being that we are a win now team. Obviously the Coupons didnít want to pay him or give him full autonomy but dealing with this mess now is the last thing we need
    We are lucky it happened now, and not in a pennant race in august

Terry Collins coming back would be my choice, and they win the WS with him. I Wanna see this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Metfflicted View Post
    We are lucky it happened now, and not in a pennant race in august
    Agreed Iím just aggravated. Like I said Girardi was the guy most of us wanted and for obvious reasons they got with Beltran and talk about he is a players coach and all this stuff but now is in involved in a massive cheating scandal. I just am counting the days until Cohen gets here m. Brodie is gone, and the Wilpons mercifully disappear lol

This is not going away, so I personally hope this rumor is true.

Blah this sucks.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Agreed. Even if he somehow stays this is gonna be a black cloud that we shouldnít have to deal with

If he steps down itís bull ****, this strictly a media bomb for the most part.

He's gotta go. A "mutual agreement to part ways" is fine, do that.

It's sucks but he's gotta go. It seems highly likely at this point that it's true he was heavily involved in blatant cheating.

What sucks is there's two other very good teams that need a manager now. Hopefully we end up with Eduardo. He'd be my choice now.

**** that whoever mentioned bringing back Terry Collins, once of the worst managers in Mets history.

Damn this is horrible...I really wanted to see Carlos manage the Mets.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Damn this is horrible...I really wanted to see Carlos manage the Mets

I wanted Girardi. But after the owners/FO predictably let me down I was fine with Beltran. Now I donít see how we can just sweep this under the rug. It would be a constant distraction all year. Please Steve Cohen get here ASAFP lol

This franchise needs to let their balls drop and say he is our manager.

Time to man up Brodie, show the rest of this country that you pee standing up.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Letís see if this unverifiable source has any merit to it.

I wanted Eduardo Perez from the start but now I feel conflicted after all of these sign stealing scandals came out, I really donít know what to want from a manager at this point.

Ask Perez or Bogar if they want the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast