Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,339

    Another Winning Coach Fired yet Blashill still behind the bench

    Gerrard Gallant takes a hit from Las Vegas in place of another very good coach, Peter DeBoer who was replaced earlier in the year despite having a very good coaching resume. Others such as Peter Laviolette, Bill Peters, and Jim Montgomery have taken the hit as well despite winning. Here we still sit with Blashill and that last game against the Islanders just shows you he has lost this team. Steve is now risking losing some of these young talented players by sheer frustration and stagnate coaching. I don't believe in change for change sakes but man these players just looked in a daze right now without any leadership. I know the goal at this point is to get the #1 pick but how much do you let these players go through before just making a change for a fresh air breather?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    24,508
    The young players probably get it

    we're tanking and the turd burglar will be gone next year

    it's too early to flip out

    "trust the process"


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,339
    I don't know Guy, they sure look frustrated out there. Last night was a good example as they seemed to just kind of give up after the first period. I saw a lot of head shaking and blank stares in that second period. On a positive side, I was always a Giovanni Smith guy and I caught a lot of heat for it. They said he was just slow and a goon but I think he's more than that and he seems to be proving it. No, he's not the fastest guy on the ice but he puts himself in good positions and makes the other team nervous. So far, I like what I see from him.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    77,739
    Yeah I can see Smith sticking as a Line 3/4 guy. Maybe never a superstar but a nice "glue guy". Then again I said the same about Lil Bert, after the nepotism rant lol, and look where he is so who knows?

    I still maintain Trashill will be here until the year ends. I just don't think they see a reason to fire a guy when the season is lost already, unless Larkin, Mantha etc start complaining about him.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    24,508
    yeah he'll finish the year and get canned, the big question is what does Stevie Y do next

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    77,739
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    yeah he'll finish the year and get canned, the big question is what does Stevie Y do next
    Taking a shot here, if fired they'll get Jon Cooper.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,166
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Yeah I can see Smith sticking as a Line 3/4 guy. Maybe never a superstar but a nice "glue guy". Then again I said the same about Lil Bert, after the nepotism rant lol, and look where he is so who knows?

    I still maintain Trashill will be here until the year ends. I just don't think they see a reason to fire a guy when the season is lost already, unless Larkin, Mantha etc start complaining about him.
    I agree. There is no reason for him to make a coaching move at this point. Why bring in a new guy into this **** storm mid-way through the season? Let Blashill coach the young guys and get whatever he can out of them in the moment. Get Seider up here for those 9 games to see what he can offer, and hope to god AA starts to produce a bit to receive some type of nice package for him before the deadline.

    ooooooh, you wanna know what the most pathetic part of this season is?

    Abdelkader: 0 G, 3 A, 3 P
    Bernier: 0 G, 3 A, 3 P

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    24,508
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Taking a shot here, if fired they'll get Jon Cooper.
    I hate that name so much

    Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    I agree. There is no reason for him to make a coaching move at this point. Why bring in a new guy into this **** storm mid-way through the season? Let Blashill coach the young guys and get whatever he can out of them in the moment. Get Seider up here for those 9 games to see what he can offer, and hope to god AA starts to produce a bit to receive some type of nice package for him before the deadline.

    ooooooh, you wanna know what the most pathetic part of this season is?

    Abdelkader: 0 G, 3 A, 3 P
    Bernier: 0 G, 3 A, 3 P
    yikes

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •