Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

TNT extends AEW until 2023, AEW to get second show on network

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2020/01...y-show-coming/

Good for them and good for wrestling. Hopefully another show won't dilute the content. You dont want to become like WWE in terms of too much programming.

I am happy they'll have a home till atleast 2023. But I do think it's a bit too soon to lunch a 2nd show already.
    The First Man To Ever Win The World Title - The Prestige Title - The Chaos Championship in PWW History. I am The Face That Runs The Place Mario Freaking Bellz

Happy for AEW. They seem to be listening to their fans and improving the product weekly. You have to like what's happened in just a few months, so I'm excited for what the next 4 years can bring.

I think a second show is exactly what they need, actually. There's so much talent and charisma in the company already that doesn't get a chance weekly to show off what they can do that another 2 hours can do wonders.

In men's singles action, you have Jericho, Moxley, Pac, Kenny Omega, Hangman Page, Cody, MJF, Sammy Guevara, (eventually) Jake Hager, Darby Allin, Joey Janela, Shawn Spears, Kip Sabian, Dustin Rhodes, and Jimmy Havoc. That's 2 hours of programming per week right there while still leaving people out.

Tag teams: The Young Bucks, Proud & Powerful, Lucha Bros, Dark Order, Jurassic Express, Best Friends, SCU, Blade & Butcher, and whoever comes next. Maybe The Revival.

Women's division desperately needs more air time and character development.

The point is: there's a TON of talent in AEW, and likely more on the way as contracts begin expiring in other promotions. 2 hours of TV just isn't enough to properly develop everyone. As long as AEW doesn't over-saturate storylines where the same guys take up all the time on both shows, it's more than doable. They have a chance to create a real midcard where a title would do wonders for those guys and develop new stars. Just a great situation for a company that's realistically only a few months old.

What I think will really help AEW where WWE struggles is only having 4 PPV per year. WWE needs to jam pack storylines into 3 or 4 weeks because they have to sell PPV venues and increase WWE Network buys. It dilutes everything because you're going through hundreds of storylines every year just to switch it up. 4 main PPVs can keep rivalries going longer and stories fresh. Could be a huge difference.
    Last edited by Yanks All Day; 01-15-2020 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks All Day View Post
    Happy for AEW. They seem to be listening to their fans and improving the product weekly.
    Iím not sure what they supposedly have been improving but it definitely isnít their writing & booking.

Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    Iím not sure what they supposedly have been improving but it definitely isnít their writing & booking.
    We get it you don't like aew

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    I donít like how they have all the assets to make an awesome show, yet continue to give us something average.

What I do like is Scorpioís Vice themed Nike shirt. I need to get my hands on that one, but havenít been able to find it at first search. The double Swoosh is a new Nike line I think so there is still hope It turns up eventually.

I'm glad to see they've got a spot for the foreseeable future. I'm glad for their fans that they have a second show. But my goodness...there is too much wrestling to keep up with already. I usually only watch one of either RAW or Smackdown and it's iffy whether I get to watch either NXT or AEW. One thing that this development will do is make it so more people have to choose between WWE and AEW.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    They're the self proclaimed anti WWE with just as bad of story writing/booking. If it wasn't for Jericho I wouldn't still be watching.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    They're the self proclaimed anti WWE with just as bad of story writing/booking. If it wasn't for Jericho I wouldn't still be watching.
    AEW doesn't have enough stars imo and their biggest stars are former WWE guys. Its an easy trope to fall into much like TNA did for a lot of years. I understand its difficult because wrestling has only had one major company since the death of WCW but AEW has to do a better job of creating their own stars. Can they do it? Guess we'll find out.

MJF would be the guy I would attach my horse to. Dude is gold but is that enough to become a megastar? WWE has watered down what it means to have a top guy too. Its now about the product and not so much an individual star.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk
    it really hasnt been that good tbh.... i am not a fan of nxt but my dad who was all for aew now watches nxt instead... i pray the popularity grows and their product becomes much better because that only makes things better for wrestling fans but right now with how aew has been a 2nd show seems stupid... its really not great at all.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    AEW doesn't have enough stars imo and their biggest stars are former WWE guys. Its an easy trope to fall into much like TNA did for a lot of years. I understand its difficult because wrestling has only had one major company since the death of WCW but AEW has to do a better job of creating their own stars. Can they do it? Guess we'll find out.

MJF would be the guy I would attach my horse to. Dude is gold but is that enough to become a megastar? WWE has watered down what it means to have a top guy too. Its now about the product and not so much an individual star.
    they should really throw a ton at cm punk... that could go a long way... it would be must see right now but i am sure wwe would legit match or give him more the second he found out... i am personally over the punk stuff but if they are gonna start a new show a cm punk is what they need because their current roster isnt going to make much push.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    AEW doesn't have enough stars imo and their biggest stars are former WWE guys.
    What I still donít understand is that they didnít use their established star power in feuds with each other straight from the beginning and right now to bind their new audience to them.
    We didnít need to see Jericho vs Darby Allen or Jungle Boy. We need(ed) to see Jericho vs Cody/Omega for a longer feud. Why are all these feuds over after one or two weeks? We got all these random matches and no continuation the next week. Dean vs Pac for a longer feud. Put MJF against Hangman first. Donít job the Bucks out to nobodies in that tournament. Use the Elite vs the Inner Circle. Is the Elite even truly the Elite anymore. Why have they made Sammy Guevara look so weak? He has been losing almost all of his singles matches. Why didnít the Circle interfere in his match with Dean BEFORE Dean pinned him? Why is Swagger not actually wrestling? Why did weeks go by where we didnít see Pac, Dean, MJF etc on tv at all and we got the Bunny and the Bum and the other Bum randomly attacking a main eventer instead with little to none follow-up? Who the F is QT Marshall? I can go on and on.

They needed to group their talent for the time being.

These are our established main eventers who will feud for the main title: Jericho, Cody, Kenny, Dean, Pac.

These are our mid-carders, the guys unknown to the tv audience at home that we are building up plus some known guys who are not main eventers: Sammy, MJF, Darby, Hangman, Perfect 10 dude (I forgot his AEW name), Dustin Rhodes.

Do the same for the tag teams.

AEW seems to have wanted to give everyone on their roster a piece of the pie immediately and also have no clear cut jobbers. The mid-carders need jobbers to beat to boost their stock in between their matches against each other, but perhaps AEW is afraid guys will be unhappy with their role on the new promotion they just joined? They lack a solid structure and Imo it has hurt the flow of their week to week programming.

For starters..... If you have already seen Jericho vs Omega/Cody/Ambrose etc it will seem like TNA all over again. You use your proven vets to build up other stars. If/when Darby Allen ever gets his big win it will mean a ton and the crow will go crazy because of all the close moments he has had with Jericho and Cody.
    The First Man To Ever Win The World Title - The Prestige Title - The Chaos Championship in PWW History. I am The Face That Runs The Place Mario Freaking Bellz