Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2020 NFL HOF centennial class

Modern era players havenít been announced yet.

It's amazing that Gradishar won't make the HoF. It's absolutely moronic that he continues to be snubbed

No Jim Marshall yet either
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

A few thoughts from my fandom perspective:

Donnie Shell and Bill Cowher going in is the biggest of big **** you's to Peter King, who has long been "No more Steelers" because he claims "there's too many from one team". He also lead the charge against Dillon and Covert for the same reasons.

This also keeps alive the "4 for 4" dream for the Steelers with Troy Polumalu and Alan Faneca on the modern players finalist list.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    A few thoughts from my fandom perspective:

Donnie Shell and Bill Cowher going in is the biggest of big **** you's to Peter King, who has long been "No more Steelers" because he claims "there's too many from one team". He also lead the charge against Dillon and Covert for the same reasons.

This also keeps alive the "4 for 4" dream for the Steelers with Troy Polumalu and Alan Faneca on the modern players finalist list.
    They both belong in for sure but they might make faneca wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    They both belong in for sure but they might make faneca wait

Faneca's in his 4th year of eligibility. Steve Hutchinson is the only other OL nominee, and considering Faneca started earlier, retired earlier, and has been waiting longer, Faneca should be in first.

Unless someone tries to be a complete dick about things, I think Polamalu, Faneca, Wayne, James, and Bruce/Lynch will be the class.

Faneca's in his 4th year of eligibility. Steve Hutchinson is the only other OL nominee, and considering Faneca started earlier, retired earlier, and has been waiting longer, Faneca should be in first.

Unless someone tries to be a complete dick about things, I think Polamalu, Faneca, Wayne, James, and Bruce/Lynch will be the class.
    Atwater better get in

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Atwater better get in
    I think heíd end up in the tossup with Lynch. More I think about it Edge James likely outside looking in with Wayne going in. Tossup between Lynch and Atwater, and Iíd give Atwater the edge with how long itís been.

FWIW CBS is projecting Boselli, Bruce, James, Lynch, Polamalu.

Getting mawae off the ballot for sure helps faneca just have a feeling heís gunna wait another year

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Getting mawae off the ballot for sure helps faneca just have a feeling heís gunna wait another year

Tendency is to have at least 1 OL included in each class out of the modern class (with an exception here and there due to underwhelming class). So history would say 1 of Boselli, Faneca, Hutchinson should get in. Yes it's homer to lean Faneca, but IMO Boselli didn't play long enough (despite being great, I have a hard time making the case for a 7 year career with 4 cut short), and Hutchinson should go after Faneca due to the wait Faneca had.

I think heíd end up in the tossup with Lynch. More I think about it Edge James likely outside looking in with Wayne going in. Tossup between Lynch and Atwater, and Iíd give Atwater the edge with how long itís been.

FWIW CBS is projecting Boselli, Bruce, James, Lynch, Polamalu.
    It's ridiculous that Leroy butler isn't in. He should be clearly ahead of both Atwater and lynch. Atwater has more total tackles and pro bowl appearances, but butler has more picks, more sacks, more forced fumbles, more fumble recoveries and more first team all pros. The same is true when compared to lynch with the only exception being lynch has more forced fumbles. Maybe I'm a homer, but Butlers stats are just so much more impactful.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    It's ridiculous that Leroy butler isn't in. He should be clearly ahead of both Atwater and lynch. Atwater has more total tackles and pro bowl appearances, but butler has more picks, more sacks, more forced fumbles, more fumble recoveries and more first team all pros. The same is true when compared to lynch with the only exception being lynch has more forced fumbles. Maybe I'm a homer, but Butlers stats are just so much more impactful.
    Thatís how Cowboys fans feel about Darren Woodson. 3x SB Winner, 4x 1st team All Pro, Cowboys Ring of Honor, retired as the all time leader in tackles for the Cowboys. No reason he shouldnít be in.

The biggest snub though is Drew Pearson. He is the only member of the 70ís All Decade Team (he was 1st team with Swann) not in the HOF. The entire 1st AND 2nd team are in the HOF except Drew Pearson.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Thatís how Cowboys fans feel about Darren Woodson. 3x SB Winner, 4x 1st team All Pro, Cowboys Ring of Honor, retired as the all time leader in tackles for the Cowboys. No reason he shouldnít be in.

The biggest snub though is Drew Pearson. He is the only member of the 70ís All Decade Team (he was 1st team with Swann) not in the HOF. The entire 1st AND 2nd team are in the HOF except Drew Pearson.

Breaking Drew Pearson's heart warms my heart.

Draft night karma.

But he should be in.

The HOF has an anti-WR bias, but also the rest of the 70s 1st and 2nd team are *only* in the HOF since this year with the induction of Harold Carmichael, who I believe deserved the nod above Pearson because Carmichael was the Calvin Johnson of his era putting up great numbers with a bunch of trash QBs (until Jaws joined the Eagles), whereas Pearson played with Staubach throughout the entire 70s.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast