Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

The Positivity Thread

Use this thread to post positive thoughts. I'll start:

De'Aaron Fox looks like a cornerstone franchise player.

Fire Luke Walton

Each day forward is one day closer to a new coach and GM (Hopefully).

5 games behind the 8th seed or 7th most ping pong balls in the lottery.

Bagley has been playing well.

I think the Dedmon trade was a win for us. Happy to move on from Dedmon. If we get some healthy minutes out of Parker, this could be a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    I think the Dedmon trade was a win for us. Happy to move on from Dedmon. If we get some healthy minutes out of Parker, this could be a steal.
    I agree. Between the trades of Ariza and Dedmon we freed up salary for next season, traded 2 second round picks further down the road which is a plus when we have so many 2nd round picks next season and we get to take a flyer on Jabari Parker for a short period.

I know a lot of people are down on Vlade. I however think overall he has improved the talent on the Kings roster. This is likely the most talented roster since the Kings hey day and you have to give Vlade credit for that. I think its likely Vlade blew the Doncic draft pick and thats likely the ultimate killer for him in staying the Kings GM. I think Vlade and Walton deserve 1 more season. When I say 1 more season I mean to start the 2021 season.

I remember long time ago someone on the forum asked if they would trade Tyreke Evans for Steph Curry and I said no I was worried about Stephs ankles. Don't count Bagley out yet. Its hard to imagine him being as good as Doncic but lets try and keep a open mind. Bagley looked impressive last year and this season has basically been a lost season.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I know a lot of people are down on Vlade. I however think overall he has improved the talent on the Kings roster. This is likely the most talented roster since the Kings hey day and you have to give Vlade credit for that. I think its likely Vlade blew the Doncic draft pick and thats likely the ultimate killer for him in staying the Kings GM. I think Vlade and Walton deserve 1 more season. When I say 1 more season I mean to start the 2021 season.
    Trying to remain positive, but its hard to do that when talking about Divac. He's blown nearly every draft he's been a part of.

In his first draft, he selects Willie Cauley-Stein with the 6th overall pick, who didn't last beyond his rookie contract and barely saw the court. Passing up on guys like Devin Booker, Kelly Oubre and Myles Turner.

He drafts Marquese Chriss, then trades him to the Suns for the 13th and 28th picks, which turned out to be Georgios Papagiannis and Skal Labissierre. Papagiannis was waived after just one season and barely saw the floor. He then signs with Portland, who also waives him in a season.

De'Aaron Fox is a nice player so far. Donovan Mitchell and Bam Abedayo are two All-Stars that were picked after Fox, but Fox was the right pick at the time.

This really depends on what Bagley will do for the remainder of his career, thats if he can stay healthy. Many people wanted and thought that Divac would take Doncic. He filled a need and Divac loves international players. It was a perfect fit. Instead, he went with Bagley, who I like but he's no Doncic.

The Kings didn't have a pick because they traded away Stauskas, Thompson, Landry, their 2019 first round pick for Artūras Gudaitis and Luka Mitrović. I'm assuming this was for a salary dump.

I agree with Plague in that people are too down on Bagley. Heís a young guy who is still getting stronger. I donít think he came into the league strong enough to battle with most big men. Iím hoping that once his body matures and he gets stronger, he will be able to stay healthy. I think he has looked good when heís on the floor. Itís not like Jimmer or Ben or T-Rob where you could watch them play and know that stardom wasnít in their future. I donít think Bagley will ever catch Doncic, but if he stays healthy he looks like heíll be a top-10 PF in the league (especially if he can consistently hit from three).

On a side note, I really hate that Vlade didnít pick up Gilesí option.

$acraMento $uN$