Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Tigers sign Ivan Nova

Tigers signed RHP Ivan Nova to a one-year, $1.5 million contract.
    Jon Heyman of MLB Network had the financial details first and says that Nova can earn more in incentives. The veteran right-hander posted a 4.72 ERA last season for the White Sox, but he made 34 starts and should at least provide the Tigers with someone who can eat innings.
    via rotoworld

another arm we can use to ensure we lose games.

He will be cut or in the pen by mid year when the young guns start making their way from AAA. So, it looks like we start the year with Boyd, Turnbull, Norris, Zimmerman, and Nova. By the end of the year it will be Mize, Manning, Turnbull, Norris, and Skubal or Alex Faedo. Nova and Zimm will be cut or in the pen and Boyd will have been traded.

I'm not sure we call that many of our young arms up tbh. I can see Mize +1 more but I think they will wait until 2021 to get them MLB service time.

I agree and donít forget Fulmer is slated to come back mid-year.

Wasn't he on the Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    He will be cut or in the pen by mid year when the young guns start making their way from AAA. So, it looks like we start the year with Boyd, Turnbull, Norris, Zimmerman, and Nova. By the end of the year it will be Mize, Manning, Turnbull, Norris, and Skubal or Alex Faedo. Nova and Zimm will be cut or in the pen and Boyd will have been traded.
    Pretty much this

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    I agree and donít forget Fulmer is slated to come back mid-year.
    at this point he feels irrelevant

Fulmer is a 26 year old coming off a big surgery but a surgery with a known track record of success. Certainly no guarantee that he will come back as the best arm on the current roster but itís also not unreasonable that he can come back and be a really good pitcher for them.

It is the Tigers so he will get back up to speed about the time our control of him is over. He will then sign a contract with a real MLB team (Yankees, Dodgers, etc..) and pitch great for the next 8 years.