Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Demario Davis the All Pro

Wow, the dude is a stud on NO. I was never a big fan of his while he was here but I did want to retain him at such a cheap price compared to what we paid for the overrated Mosely.... we just canít get a break.

Congrats Demario

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic387 View Post
    Wow, the dude is a stud on NO. I was never a big fan of his while he was here but I did want to retain him at such a cheap price compared to what we paid for the overrated Mosely.... we just canít get a break.

Congrats Demario
    Yep.

I loved him. I wanted to keep him. He ran a 4.6, 40. He had excellent agility. He hits and is an excellent, wrap up tackler. Some didn't like him because he was only average at covering but I loved him.
    I'm happy to see him do so well.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Davis wasnít good on the Jets. But heís taken his game to a whole new level on the Saints.

Kudos to him.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Davis wasnít good on the Jets. But heís taken his game to a whole new level on the Saints.

Kudos to him.
    You may want to look at his 2017 stint with the Jets.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I always liked Demario, congrats to him

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    You may want to look at his 2017 stint with the Jets.
    **** youíre right. Davis had a career year in 2017.

Right now it looks like a mistake not re-signing him because he clearly wanted to be here and he only signed for 3 years $24m. Not to mention the fact that he just went All-Pro in Year 2 with the Saints while Avery Williamson missed the whole season due to injury and signed for a similar 3 years $22.5m.

But both contracts pale in comparison to the huge contract Macc gave CJ Mosley...Honestly we should have had both Demario and Williamson (who was great in 2018 too) because the latter is still only 27 years old. Iím so glad heís not running the show now.

**** youíre right. Davis had a career year in 2017.

Right now it looks like a mistake not re-signing him because he clearly wanted to be here and he only signed for 3 years $24m. Not to mention the fact that he just went All-Pro in Year 2 with the Saints while Avery Williamson missed the whole season due to injury and signed for a similar 3 years $22.5m.

But both contracts pale in comparison to the huge contract Macc gave CJ Mosley...Honestly we should have had both Demario and Williamson (who was great in 2018 too) because the latter is still only 27 years old. Iím so glad heís not running the show now.
    Demario was a beast for us, just needed an edge but Mac decided that we need more ILB. UGGH!

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I always loved DD, still do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Demario was a beast for us, just needed an edge but Mac decided that we need more ILB. UGGH!
    Hopefully Joe Douglas can help mitigate these kinds of egregious errors moving forward.

I will not knock Mac for acquiring CJ Mosley.
    I know he was hurt this year but I'm good with him.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    I will not knock Mac for acquiring CJ Mosley.
    I know he was hurt this year but I'm good with him.

He will beast out next season.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Demario Davis the All Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    He will beast out next season.
    He better. Heís getting paid big bucks to be a major force on our defense. My point was that the Jets would have been much better off with Demario and Williamson instead because both of them combined basically make the same as CJ alone. Demario has also evolved into a better player than CJ, with Williamson being so slouch either when heís healthy. Itís amazing that the Jets defense was so good with both of their ILB missing basically the whole season.

He better. Heís getting paid big bucks to be a major force on our defense. My point was that the Jets would have been much better off with Demario and Williamson instead because both of them combined basically make the same as CJ alone. Demario has also evolved into a better player than CJ, with Williamson being so slouch either when heís healthy. Itís amazing that the Jets defense was so good with both of their ILB missing basically the whole season.
    Gregg Williams just cleared his throat and stared at Adam Gase.

I just want JD to properly evaluate talent and not just listen to the coaches for input.

Find out what we are deficient at and attack those positions in FA and draft.

As for ILB, right now I would rather keep Burgess as the other ILB and cut Williamson. Find an Edge in FA like a Beasley and resign Jenkins.

Not resigning Davis was one of a laundry list of blunders Maccagnan made as our GM, Iím so glad heís gone..

Congrats to Demario Iíve always been a fan of his game..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast