Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 61
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    31,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Yes, and he also has been marginalized at every opportunity.
    He and Bernie have that in common then.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    44,750
    Apparently I agree the most with Yang and the least with Sanders (which isn't what I necessarily expected).
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 01-16-2020 at 05:06 PM.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  3. #48
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    44,750
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I took it yesterday but had something come up and had to step away. I had Yang, Steyer, and Warren as my top three. I think that they were all 16, 15, 14 and even the last place (Gabbard) was like 7 or 8. Not surprised that Russias lady of the east was the least.
    This guy.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    43,706
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Apparently I agree the most with Yang and the least with Sanders (which isn't what u necessarily expected).
    I don't know how you couldn't agree with Yang. The man wants to give you a 1000 dollars and defeat the robots
    Last edited by ewing; 01-16-2020 at 05:11 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    44,750
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I don't know how you couldn't agree with Yang. The man wants to give you a 1000 dollars and defeats the robots
    I honestly haven't paid much attention to him but sounds great to me!

    I like most everything I've heard from Sanders, so was a little surprised that he took bottom of the list for me.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,870
    The results lined up well with how I already viewed these candidates after seeing all but the most recent debate. Warren is lower than I expected and Buttigeg a litte bit higher than expected.

    Yang
    Tulsi


    Buttigeg



    Bernie, Biden







    Klobocher

    Steyer

    Warren
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,024
    I got

    Sanders 15
    Warren 14
    Yang 10
    Gabbard 9
    Steyer 9
    Buttigieg 8
    Klobuchar 5
    Biden 4
    Bloomberg 4

    I am all in for Sanders 2020, I am a donor and volunteer for his campaign. I was a donor and volunteer in 2016 as well. If he doesn't win I will be very disappointed, as I was in 2016. I voted for Hillary and I will vote for the eventual nominee regardless, but that is only because I would be voting to get Trump out of office. I have no faith in the democratic establishment and feel like they are more to blame for us having Trump than anyone else.

    I am very intrigued with Andrew Yang and I hope he does run again in the future. I think he should get a cabinet position (Secretary of Commerce?) from the next Democratic President. His UBI is definitely something that could happen in the future and is better than the status quo, which is the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Yang has no shot in this election, but he's becoming a household name and has a future in politics.

    The moderates in this race will re elect Donald Trump. I know things are very polarized in this country, but the establishment moderates do not appeal to people and GET NOTHING DONE. We need candidates who will change people's minds or get them to decide to vote for the first time in their life. We live in the richest, most powerful society in the world, but our society has a lowering life expectancy, more unhappiness, more stress, more debt, and more death of despair all the time. What good is it to have wealth if our people are not happy? We need a candidate who will address this issue. We need someone who will get people to want to go out and vote. The establishment doesn't want to address those issues, because they haven't for the last 40 years.

    https://www.epi.org/productivity-pay-gap/

    What that link tells you is that from 1948-1979, productivity increased over 108% and real wages increased 93% in America. From 1979-2018, however, productivity has increased 69.6% and real wages have increased less than 12%. People want to say Sanders would redistribute wealth, our policies for the last several decades have retroactively redistributed wealth from the working/middle class to corporations. And don't even get me started on the tax code and how that's rigged. The reason our policies have done this is because our politicians have been bought. The only way to stop it is to get money out of politics. So for me the choice is simple. It's Sanders or more of the same.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 01-17-2020 at 09:10 AM.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    10,600
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    I got

    Sanders 15
    Warren 14
    Yang 10
    Gabbard 9
    Steyer 9
    Buttigieg 8
    Klobuchar 5
    Biden 4
    Bloomberg 4

    I am all in for Sanders 2020, I am a donor and volunteer for his campaign. I was a donor and volunteer in 2016 as well. If he doesn't win I will be very disappointed, as I was in 2016. I voted for Hillary and I will vote for the eventual nominee regardless, but that is only because I would be voting to get Trump out of office. I have no faith in the democratic establishment and feel like they are more to blame for us having Trump than anyone else.

    I am very intrigued with Andrew Yang and I hope he does run again in the future. I think he should get a cabinet position (Secretary of Commerce?) from the next Democratic President. His UBI is definitely something that could happen in the future and is better than the status quo, which is the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Yang has no shot in this election, but he's becoming a household name and has a future in politics.

    The moderates in this race will re elect Donald Trump. I know things are very polarized in this country, but the establishment moderates do not appeal to people and GET NOTHING DONE. We need candidates who will change people's minds or get them to decide to vote for the first time in their life. We live in the richest, most powerful society in the world, but our society has a lowering life expectancy, more unhappiness, more stress, more debt, and more death of despair all the time. What good is it to have wealth if our people are not happy? We need a candidate who will address this issue. We need someone who will get people to want to go out and vote. The establishment doesn't want to address those issues, because they haven't for the last 40 years.

    https://www.epi.org/productivity-pay-gap/

    What that link tells you is that from 1948-1979, productivity increased over 108% and real wages increased 93% in America. From 1979-2018, however, productivity has increased 69.6% and real wages have increased less than 12%. People want to say Sanders would redistribute wealth, our policies for the last several decades have retroactively redistributed wealth from the working/middle class to corporations. And don't even get me started on the tax code and how that's rigged. The reason our policies have done this is because our politicians have been bought. The only way to stop it is to get money out of politics. So for me the choice is simple. It's Sanders or more of the same.
    Just out of curiosity, what do you disagree with Sanders on?

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    4,858
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    I got

    Sanders 15
    Warren 14
    Yang 10
    Gabbard 9
    Steyer 9
    Buttigieg 8
    Klobuchar 5
    Biden 4
    Bloomberg 4

    I am all in for Sanders 2020, I am a donor and volunteer for his campaign. I was a donor and volunteer in 2016 as well. If he doesn't win I will be very disappointed, as I was in 2016. I voted for Hillary and I will vote for the eventual nominee regardless, but that is only because I would be voting to get Trump out of office. I have no faith in the democratic establishment and feel like they are more to blame for us having Trump than anyone else.

    I am very intrigued with Andrew Yang and I hope he does run again in the future. I think he should get a cabinet position (Secretary of Commerce?) from the next Democratic President. His UBI is definitely something that could happen in the future and is better than the status quo, which is the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Yang has no shot in this election, but he's becoming a household name and has a future in politics.

    The moderates in this race will re elect Donald Trump. I know things are very polarized in this country, but the establishment moderates do not appeal to people and GET NOTHING DONE. We need candidates who will change people's minds or get them to decide to vote for the first time in their life. We live in the richest, most powerful society in the world, but our society has a lowering life expectancy, more unhappiness, more stress, more debt, and more death of despair all the time. What good is it to have wealth if our people are not happy? We need a candidate who will address this issue. We need someone who will get people to want to go out and vote. The establishment doesn't want to address those issues, because they haven't for the last 40 years.

    https://www.epi.org/productivity-pay-gap/

    What that link tells you is that from 1948-1979, productivity increased over 108% and real wages increased 93% in America. From 1979-2018, however, productivity has increased 69.6% and real wages have increased less than 12%. People want to say Sanders would redistribute wealth, our policies for the last several decades have retroactively redistributed wealth from the working/middle class to corporations. And don't even get me started on the tax code and how that's rigged. The reason our policies have done this is because our politicians have been bought. The only way to stop it is to get money out of politics. So for me the choice is simple. It's Sanders or more of the same.
    I agree with most of this. I can get behind Warren as well, although much prefer Sanders. Guys like Biden and Bloomberg do absolutely nothing for me and will change absolutely nothing.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,501
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    He and Bernie have that in common then.
    Which was my point.

    When Harris and Booker dropped out there was a ton of talk about how the remaining candidates were all white ... and I guess Yang didn't exist? It's been constant, it's just more subtle.

    What is really bugging me more than them doing it to Yang is that it's across all media, it's not just CNN or just MSNBC. It's like they are all working for the same people or something.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    I agree with most of this. I can get behind Warren as well, although much prefer Sanders. Guys like Biden and Bloomberg do absolutely nothing for me and will change absolutely nothing.
    I agree for the most part. I can't support Warren, I think she just says what she thinks her audience wants to hear. Sanders will move the frame of discussion, but I think he'll be unable to get any major legislation passed, but that's still better than Trump.

    I doubt Sanders gets the nomination though, and I won't vote for Biden or Warren.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what do you disagree with Sanders on?
    Pertaining to the quiz, I disagreed with Sanders on

    1. If gun owners should register firearms (Me: Yes, Bernie: No)
    2. If the US should consider a Carbon Tax (Me: Yes, Bernie: No)
    3. Should the U.S. consider a UBI (Me: Yes, Bernie: No)
    4. Should the US focus deportation on three groups (Me:Yes, Bernie: No)
    5. Should private Health Insurance continue to exist? (Me: Yes, Bernie: No)

    I think we should have a gun registry. I'm not for banning guns, not even "assault weapons", but we should know what's out there and who owns guns. I think owning a gun is a very exclusive privilege and those who do have to be able to pass rigorous psychological testing and pass a training course. Right now we have loopholes where civilians can sell guns to criminals and it's perfectly allowed. Our system gives people who have no business owning guns very easy access to guns, and people have died because of it.

    I think we should have a Carbon Tax. If we want a habitable world in 200 years we MUST reduce greenhouse gas emissions. A Carbon tax would force the market to find alternatives to coal. It also punishes companies who pollute the air we all breath.

    A Universal Basic Income is worth considering. If the government was giving every American citizen $1,000 a month, there would be no need for food stamps and many social programs. Retired people on Social Security could elect to keep their social security, or take $1,000 a month. All that money that goes to social programs would instead be used for the UBI. It doesn't even have to be $1,000, that's just what Yang proposes. It is worth considering to say the least.

    We need real immigration reform and a pathway to citizenship for non violent, tax paying illegal immigrants who are already here, but we don't want people to continue crossing the border illegally. It's very dangerous and it's also unfair to people who are trying to get in legally. It is not worth the time and resources to deport every single illegal immigrant who crossed the border, most of them are tax paying residents just living quite lives looking for opportunity. I think in an immigration law they should pay a fine for crossing the border illegally, but be given a pathway to become a citizen.

    I do think private health insurance should play a role in health care, and that's to offer coverage for elective procedures. I, like the Senator, think healthcare is a human right and citizens of this country should have guaranteed access to high quality healthcare. To say that the U.S. cannot afford it is absolutely absurd.

    https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/...lth-u-s-spends

    That link shows that (as of 2017 USD) the United States, on average, pays twice as much per capita (per person) than european counties that guarantee healthcare to all of their citizens. How is it that in the U.S. we pay more per person than everyone else and yet we don't guarantee healthcare when everyone else does? How is that possible? It's because of the profit motive of our industry. Pharmaceutical companies, medical device companies, hospitals, doctors, insurance companies all looking to make a profit. We pay more for basic procedures so all these different companies with skin in the game can make money. If we eliminate the profit motive for healthcare we wouldn't pay as much for procedures. Under the current system we are paying more for less and it's as inefficient as it is cruel.

    But again, I think private insurance should cover plastic surgery, Botox, basically all elective surgeries or procedures. The government isn't going to pay for a surgery when there is no critical need for it.

    So there are specifics where I do differ from Bernie Sanders, but he is the candidate we need, and he would annihilate Donald Trump.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 01-17-2020 at 12:29 PM.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,716
    Bloomberg, Biden, and then Yang were my top 3. Don't like any of them.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Poor Yang
    He's constantly getting misrepresented.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,267
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiSox219 View Post
    The results lined up well with how I already viewed these candidates after seeing all but the most recent debate. Warren is lower than I expected and Buttigeg a litte bit higher than expected.

    Yang
    Tulsi


    Buttigeg



    Bernie, Biden







    Klobocher

    Steyer

    Warren
    LOL
    It's crazy to see you agree/disagree with Biden and Bernie an equal amount lol since they're on opposite ends of the political spectrum.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •