Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Huh? I don't follow your question.
    I was just taking a little jab. On page 1 you said "You didn’t think the “I’ll give you $1000 a month” guy would appeal to the least among us?", and now Yang is your #1.

Didn't mean anything by it.

The results on this forum makes me more curious if the DNC is doing to Yang what they did to Bernie, but now they are better at it so it's a little less obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I too think UBI is inevitable, and I think people who are against it haven't really looked into it in any depth. To me it's a nearly revenue neutral policy change that makes a major difference in several of our biggest social issues we are struggling with these days starting with homelessness.
    It's probably just my own circle and bias but I feel like I've got as many Libertarian friends who support the idea as I do liberal friends. Overall i'd agree I think most people don't really bother to look very deeply.

I hope that you bite the bullet when the time comes to vote between (if he wins) him and Trump. We can't be eating our own tail on removing the existing clown from office. 1 is better than 0. We need to fight for the judiciary. And four more years of Trump appointing judges goes from 0 to negative something big.
    To be fair, living in NY pretty much means my votes in the general election are meaningless. I’ll vote like crazy during the primaries (whatever that means) but NY isn’t going to be made or broken by my vote.

Maybe if we got rid of the electoral college...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

I was just taking a little jab. On page 1 you said "You didn’t think the “I’ll give you $1000 a month” guy would appeal to the least among us?", and now Yang is your #1.

The results on this forum makes me more curious if the DNC is doing to Yang what they did to Bernie, but now they are better at it so it's a little less obvious.
    Ahh I see.

I specifically answered that question in the negative. Because I don't support it as a policy.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    To be fair, living in NY pretty much means my votes in the general election are meaningless. I’ll vote like crazy during the primaries (whatever that means) but NY isn’t going to be made or broken by my vote.

Maybe if we got rid of the electoral college...
    Or if the states went to proportionally applying the EC votes, or if we had the correct number of representatives, or if we went to ranked choice.

Ahh I see.

I specifically answered that question in the negative. Because I don't support it as a policy.
    I get that ... just thought it was funny that you were apparently deriding people who would choose Yang then he matched up with you.

Are you aware how he plans to pay for ubi? He's not for Medicare for all (he's not even aware it's a name for a bill lol). He's not for a higher minimum wage.

He's a libertarian running in the democratic primary

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Are you aware how he plans to pay for ubi? He's not for Medicare for all (he's not even aware it's a name for a bill lol). He's not for a higher minimum wage.

Yes.

With UBI the higher minimum wage isn't needed. I don't support a national $15 minimum wage, it's way too high.

I don't really understand why people consider Libertarianism and Liberalism as exclusive positions.

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post

Well a big chunk of funding would come from redirecting existing costs from food stamps, housing assistance, welfare, etc.

And from all the money we’d save reducing the infrastructure and employees needed to manage all those programs.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.

Yang doesn't have the support that bernie did. He has alot of white men support in people who don't normally vote democratic... in fact they don't normally vote.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Yang doesn't have the support that bernie did. He has alot of white men support in people who don't normally vote democratic... in fact they don't normally vote.
    He has to up his robot rhetoric and build a coalition around our fear of AI the way Trump did around hating Mexicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He has to up his robot rhetoric and build a coalition around our fear of AI the way Trump did around hating Mexicans.

Yep a significant portion of his base fears progress the same way that people feared the automobile would destroy the carriage industry.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Yes, and he also has been marginalized at every opportunity.

Yep a significant portion of his base fears progress the same way that people feared the automobile would destroy the carriage industry.
    Is he afraid or just preparing?

Is he afraid or just preparing?
    or both

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast