Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    like i said in the main area it was still a game with 7 minutes left in the 4th down 14... the 49ers were not playing soft at all and kudos to them because i hate when teams prevent.... rodgers def needs to be better but if we get this type of rodgers next year that we got in the 2nd half with the limited weapons we had things will be a ton better... Rodgers had 0 fear in the 2nd half and if he starts playing like that with some more weapons we can beat anyone.
    Rodgers has such bad luck with defenses. This year's team was great but they were dominated today. Jimmy G had to throw 8 ******* times. The run game was dominant for the Niners. In his 8 losses in playoffs the defense gives up an avg of 36 ppg. The DEs suck and Martinez stinks too. Packers have plenty of holes to fill but have to take WR, TE, early and OL depth has to be acquired also.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Rodgers has such bad luck with defenses. This year's team was great but they were dominated today. Jimmy G had to throw 8 ******* times. The run game was dominant for the Niners. In his 8 losses in playoffs the defense gives up an avg of 36 ppg. The DEs suck and Martinez stinks too. Packers have plenty of holes to fill but have to take WR, TE, early and OL depth has to be acquired also.
    yea but he also needs to get out of the gate faster... we should have gotten points on the opening drive.. I also would have went for it tbh... said it at the time too... rodgers had several chances to step up and run or step forward and extend himself... he also missed jimmy g on the first drive of the game for us on that big 3rd down because he never looked... as soon as he snapped the ball he went to the wideout on the sideline... its these little things that could help stop that pass rush that he isnt doing

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    And schematically what should he have done different? We got blown off the ball, didn't hold contain and were to slow to reach the perimeter. That's not a coaching problem. At some point the players are to blame. Tonight, the players capped the bed and virtually to a man got utterly dominated at the point of attack.
    Are you being serious? He ignored the run game all season. He even basically said that he doesnít give a **** about the run game they just donít want to give up the big chunk plays. Why do you think we play so many CBís? And why we play soft even in man to man? I canít give you some detailed answer on what we should have done schematically cause Iím not a coach but I definitely know that his schematic was gross for much of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    Are you being serious? He ignored the run game all season. He even basically said that he doesnít give a **** about the run game they just donít want to give up the big chunk plays. Why do you think we play so many CBís? And why we play soft even in man to man? I canít give you some detailed answer on what we should have done schematically cause Iím not a coach but I definitely know that his schematic was gross for much of the season.

The defense was hard to watch, but he didnít have the personnel to be a top 5 defense so he had to pick and choose. Our DL is trash. Name anyone besides Clark and theyíre garbage. Complain and be frustrated all you want, and it was frustrating, but we simply didnít have the personnel for a matchup like this. They sold out on the pass and we got ran all over. If MP had tried to play both sides of the fence, it wouldnít have been any better.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    The defense was hard to watch, but he didnít have the personnel to be a top 5 defense so he had to pick and choose. Our DL is trash. Name anyone besides Clark and theyíre garbage. Complain and be frustrated all you want, and it was frustrating, but we simply didnít have the personnel for a matchup like this. They sold out on the pass and we got ran all over. If MP had tried to play both sides of the fence, it wouldnít have been any better.
    I get all that but you donít just let a team run on you for almost 300 yards. And there wasnít much adjustments that went on throughout that game, noticeable ones anyways

Against San Fran we played a tradional 3-4 with 3 down lineman and 4 Lbs on roughly 75% of the snaps, by far the most we've played all year. We played 3 down lineman on over 80% of the snaps. We brought safeties down to the line.

I get the frustration and I'm not saying pettine can't be fired, but it's the lazy analysis that pettine's plan sucked. Sometimes the players suck. Last night, that was the case. No one set and held the egde. The edge guys got blown off the ball on those outside runs. Our ilbs did a poor job of chasing plays, but chasing plays is really hard when the other rb runs a 4.3 40 and no one on the edge even slows him down. And the safeties did a poor job of tackling when they did fill the hole.

It's not like the plan didn't change. We loaded up to stop the run last night more than we have all season. It didn't matter since our guys got dominated.

We suck

SaW a stat... 142 rushing yards before contact. The stat proves this whole ďschemeĒ and adjustment stuff is nonsense. Guys were being physically dominated without fail.

Also saw we finished the year ranked 26th in special teams. Why do we always suck *** on special teams? This has been a problem for 10 years.

Wow what beat down... seriously a TE is the least of our problems .... cut graham

Resign Crosby bulaga and Martinez if they will accept the team friendly deals

Add Emmanuel sanders or Robby Anderson

Draft Murray or Jefferson or both

Sign/ draft some DL help

Draft some OT depth

We got about 47 mill in cap space if we cut Graham. Time to use it to make some serious runs the next 3 years.

SaW a stat... 142 rushing yards before contact. The stat proves this whole ďschemeĒ and adjustment stuff is nonsense. Guys were being physically dominated without fail.

Also saw we finished the year ranked 26th in special teams. Why do we always suck *** on special teams? This has been a problem for 10 years.
    Honestly I think Ervin solves that issue ... before him we were dead last so we improved

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    Honestly I think Ervin solves that issue ... before him we were dead last so we improved
    Thereís more to special teams than just return yards...

Fact is we have to build a team that can win in spite of Rodgers instead of relying on him to win us games. Get him a couple more weapons and beef up the trenches.

Thereís more to special teams than just return yards...
    I do think that was a huge part of our ranking though. Crosby was phenomenal again. Scott struggled at times though. Our coverage was far from perfect, but I don't recall giving up too many massive returns. As a whole, the only units for the season that should have graded out awfully was our return units.

Fact is we have to build a team that can win in spite of Rodgers instead of relying on him to win us games. Get him a couple more weapons and beef up the trenches.
    you mean like tom brady for 5 of his 6 superbowls? imagine if we were that smart?

and i am sorry... you cant sit here and argue scheme/players etc... we let runningbacks run on us all ****ing year and watched a team run for 300 WHEN WE KNEW THEY WERE GOING TO RUN AND STILL COULDNT STOP THEM PROBABLY 15 TIMES AND BLAME IT ON PLAYERS..... they just ran for like 300 yards in a championship game when we knew all along our weakness was run defense and made.......................... 0 ADJUSTMENTS... Do not sit here and argue players when 0 ****ing adjustments were made... how hard is it to really stop the run when WE KNOW THEY ARE RUNNING and we dont touch them 15 yards down the field because its a pitch to a guy in the backfield running side to side

there were times when i was screaming for us to send the house because it was 3rd and 3 on a must stop and we couldnt stop the run for us to just send the house and we rushed 4.... 4....fml... we cant get pressure with our front 4 so yes lets rush 4... we are basically telling them here ya go here is 6-8 yards every run
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 01-21-2020 at 08:03 AM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast