Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Alex Cora Expected To Get Harsh Penalties from 2017 stealing signs

No players were disciplined by Major League Baseball in the Astros' investigation. While Mets manager Carlos Beltran was part of it, he was a player at the time and thus was not suspended.

Discipline for Red Sox manager Alex Cora is coming. It is going to be harsh, per sources.

Source JeffPassan

I just saw a column on Yahoo suggesting the Sox should jump ahead of MLB and just fire Cora. It does seems like a bad precedent that he developed the cheating scheme in HOU and then devised a new one once he came to the Red Sox.

Hinch got a 1yr suspension as HOu manager, that seems like the floor of what's coming for Cora...

What do you guys think the Red Sox should do?

On one hand I love Alex, but on the other, maybe it's best to star with a clean slate...

Well looks like Buck Showalter should get a shot if Cora is fired.

Vince to Gronk

Here is a list of potential. I like and everyone is would like Jason Varitek!!! But I bet it's going to be Ron Roenicke

Source NBC Boston
    Last edited by Soxfan85; 01-14-2020 at 10:14 AM.

Red Sox just fired Cora

The ax fell fairly fast hopefully there is a plan to quickly move on too.A lingering search could be bad for the upcoming season and last season was not very fun.

I want to say I can't believe the Redsox turned on a guy who help bring them a world series title, but then again they didn't even wait a year to fire Dombrowski AFTER he won them a title.

Honestly I think you can't blame them:
    1. They need to save face, specially after the 2017 Apple Watch fiasco.
    2. Being without your manager on the dogout for 1+ seasons is a disadvantage they can't afford

I watched the interview and will say this. Chaim being a new GM and having to face this was excellent. I'm really looking forward to see what he does for a new manager and what happens with the team

Anything less than a lifetime ban for Cora is a joke.

This isnít just about what Cora did in 2017 with the Astros...itís also what he did in 2018 and 2019 with the Red Sox.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darryl
    Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=507682257

The thing that makes things worse for the Red Sox is after getting caught in 2017, the Red Sox promised MLB they would never do it again and lo and behold, they hire Cora and they do it again. The Red Sox arenít out of the woods by any means. The Astros were fined and lost draft picks. You can expect harsher penalties for the Red Sox.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darryl
    Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=507682257

Anything short of a lifetime ban for Cora is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Anything short of a lifetime ban for Cora is a joke
    Um, no. That's ridiculous. Seems like you're blinded by the rivalry. Cora appropriately lost his job and I expect that MLB will give him a ban of some sort -- at least a year and I won't be surprised if it's 2. But what Cora did is not at all like what's earned lifetime bans for others like Rose and the Black Sox.