Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who goes to the Superbowl?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Packers

3 20.00%
  • 49ers

12 80.00%
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    nope try again. all i said was if stafford was elite he would have won 1 playoff game by now. he had his chance vs. the cowboys and fumbled twice in the 4th with a two score lead heading into the 2nd half and put up no points in the last 1/3 of the game. team had a decent defense that year too and the running game gave him just as much support as romo did that day. he's a pro bowl type regular season qb, but I consider how someone handles pressure and makes plays in critical moments consistently in the playoffs not just stafford, I've been consistently posting things like this for years, in my assessment of player evaluation. it's the same as my gripe with harden in the nba, some guys need to show more when it matters to convince me. both guys had their chances.

support does come into play and so do match-ups, both things matter. but like I said detroit matched up well vs. dallas and had a solid lead but stafford and detroit didn't close it and choked away the game. thanks for coming.

edit:

Stafford/Lions are 1-2 against the spread in the playoffs. The spread he won was the cowboys game. Other two spreads got destroyed respectively.

He has been outperformed in H2H vs. the opposition QB in all 3 matches.

It boils down to trust. Do I trust Stafford in the playoffs? It's hard, because he made a costly mistake vs. the Saints in the 4th, and fumbled away the game vs. Dallas, to go along with a 2nd half pick to boot. He's better then at least 2/3 and arguably 3/4 of QBs in the regular season, but there are QBs I would trust more in high pressure- situations/games given the evidence shown.
    yeah, so you're saying good QBs just magically win playoff games despite their poor team or coaching/playcalling

this is absolutely one of the shittiest takes I have ever seen in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I couldn't imagine them not cutting him at this point. 5.7 dead cap though, even post June 1st.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    From my understanding there is no Post-June 1st cuts this year due to the CBA expiring. Hopefully they reach a new CBA in the next month or so before teams have to start cutting players.

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    yeah, so you're saying good QBs just magically win playoff games despite their poor team or coaching/playcalling

I get what you're saying, but aside from his first playoff game in 2011 he's been bad in the other two. He played great against NO but just couldn't keep up with the Saints, but then had 3 turnovers against the cowboys and could move the ball against the Seahawks.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post

Some guys shrink in pressure situations in the playoffs. It is what it is.

I havent seen anything from stafford to tell me the opposite. You can give him the benfit of the doubt as a lions homer, ill remain skeptical.

Lets just blame everyone else aside from stafford for the dallas lost. Sure he had a weak line. Dude had a top 3-5 goat wr in megatron. One of the best 2nd and slot wrs of this generation in tate. Pettigrew and ebron at tight end. Bush one of the better pass catching backs and solid runner . A borderline top 5 defense that year. 2 score lead with 1 third of the game left.

When he shows more when it matters then ill believe your tale that hed take this years cowboys to the superbowl victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Some guys shrink in pressure situations in the playoffs. It is what it is.

I havent seen anything from stafford to tell me the opposite. You can give him the benfit of the doubt as a lions homer, ill remain skeptical.

Lets just blame everyone else aside from stafford for the dallas lost. Sure he had a weak line. Dude had a top 3-5 goat wr in megatron. One of the best 2nd and slot wrs of this generation in tate. Pettigrew and ebron at tight end. Bush one of the better pass catching backs and solid runner . A borderline top 5 defense that year. 2 score lead with 1 third of the game left.

When he shows more when it matters then ill believe your tale that hed take this years cowboys to the superbowl victory.
    It's Stafford's fault the Lions defense blew a 2 score lead? Ok then.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    He went ghost most of the 2nd half threw a pick and two fumbles in the 2nd half of that game.

It wasn't entirely his fault, but he hasn't shown me much in high leverage situations in playoff games. So I personally feel justified in being skeptical of his mettle in the playoffs. You can give him the benefit of the doubt. Sports psychology matters to me too, some guys shrink and can't handle pressure/expectations. Madison Baumgarner vs. Kershaw. Kawhi Vs. Harden, Brady Vs. Peyton etc... Lamar Jackson.

He had a chance to close out a playoff game and wet the bed in the 2nd half, defense didn't help but offense didn't either. Wake me up when he performs clutch in the playoffs even in a loss, and I'll give him more playoff clout.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Stafford had 3 turnovers in the 2nd half. The 2nd half Lions drives were: INT, FG, Punt, Punt, Fumble, Fumble. The Lions offense held the ball for a combined 11:40 of the second half. Meaning the Cowboys offense had the ball for 18:20. Stafford had 128 yards in the second half.

Furthermore, the Lions defense held Dallas to 7 points in the first half on 5 possessions. Anybody had to know that was unsustainable. In fact, the Cowboys PPG average on the season was 29.2 (5th in the league), so the Lions defense actually held them to less than their seasonal average.

You're acting like 10 points was some miracle comeback. Down 17-7 is not much at all, and it is certainly incumbent on the offense to continue scoring in such a game. It seems to me you're saying "yeah Stafford played bad that 2nd half but it's the defense's fault because they weren't perfect for the whole game".

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617