Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rpagz3 View Post
    I'll be the one to say it. No reason Jeff Luhnow should ever be a GM again.

There are an exponential amount of qualified human beings that could be successful as the GM of a baseball organization. There are only 30 jobs, and i'd say thousands of people who could do this job just as good as Luhnow.

It's just about those thousands of people never getting the opportunity.
    Every team cheats in some way, regardless of sport, the Astros just happened to get caught. You bet that every organization knows of players juicing, pitchers doctoring balls, sign stealing, etc. It happens all the time. This is nothing new.

I firmly believe that the cardinals were notorious sign stealers during the larussa years. Too many instances where those teams had timely hits. That game 6 vs the rangers...it didn't matter what pitch the rangers threw, the cardinals had an answer. I would still hire larussa/jocketty/mozeliak, even if they had gotten caught.

I would fire Brodie and bring in Luhnow in 2021 even if we win the WS in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I like Brodie. I think outside of the Cano trade, heís bringing the Mets in the right direction. Heís been improving our analytics team and he brought back Chad MacDonald which was a great decision for scouting. Lets see how this season goes first.
    He will always be remembered by that trade, but it seems he has learned his lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I like Brodie. I think outside of the Cano trade, heís bringing the Mets in the right direction. Heís been improving our analytics team and he brought back Chad MacDonald which was a great decision for scouting. Lets see how this season goes first.
    . He is a good sports agent but not a good GM IMO. He must know when Cohen comes his days are numbered

Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    . He is a good sports agent but not a good GM IMO. He must know when Cohen comes his days are numbered
    I don't know why people assume Cohen is going to shake everything up. We dont even know if he's going to be a hands on owner. Remember the Wilpons are still here for the next 5 years in some executive capacity. If the Mets make the playoffs, I fully expect Brodie to be back next season. He might even get another year if the Mets are close.

My hope is they bring in Lunhow but Cohen doesnt automatically mean Brodie is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I don't know why people assume Cohen is going to shake everything up. We dont even know if he's going to be a hands on owner. Remember the Wilpons are still here for the next 5 years in some executive capacity. If the Mets make the playoffs, I fully expect Brodie to be back next season. He might even get another year if the Mets are close.

My hope is they bring in Lunhow but Cohen doesnt automatically mean Brodie is gone

. You may be right but I hope Cohen does shake things up. Look Iím not saying Brodie has made all bad moves he hadnít but some are just dreadful. The Cane trade is as dumb as you can get lol

My hope is they bring in Lunhow but Cohen doesnt automatically mean Brodie is gone.
    If I can find the article I read about Brodie as a GM I will link it, but the gist of it was that he has been a solid GM outside of the Cano/Diaz trade (which can change if one or both bounce back this season). The article pointed out that he has a laundry list of positives including JD Davis, the draft, personnel hiring, building out a bigger analytics team, etc etc.

If you remove the Cano trade (which happened so I understand he needs to be held accountable) for a first year GM who has never done it before he has been fine. I'll say it again but we IMPROVED last year from the year prior. If he wasn't an agent before becoming GM he would get a lot less flak because the team got better year over year and the team this season looks very well put together. I think we will be the WC team this year with a legit chance at going deep into the playoffs. He still needs to sign a better backup catcher and another relief pitcher then we should go into next season as a very strong club from top to bottom.
    Just a Met's fan surrounded by Phillies fan's standing strong behind enemy lines

Look I try to be fair. I think Brodie has learned his lesson and been more careful this offseason. This offseason the moves I have liked but I still donít like him as a long term GM and would like an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    He will always be remembered by that trade, but it seems he has learned his lesson.
    How can you even think your statement is true when he's entering only his second season. Some of you are still acting like every highly ranked prospect is guaranteed to be great.

If Kelenic turns out to be a dud, which he probably has more of a chance of being than great, then he most certainly has plenty of time to not be "remembered" by that trade.

Maybe he ends up being remembered for signing Mookie Betts who leads us to a WS title...

He was punished because it happened under his watched, but nothing has suggested he was the one driving the cheating scheme.

Itís something Cora and lower level employees did along with the players.

Because he was the GM he has to take some of the responsibility, but that does not mean he cheated.
    There is absolutely zero chance Luhnow was unaware of the cheating. The fact that he allowed it to happen makes him just as responsible as the rest.

Their is always a chance he did not know, I know I donít **** that my boss donít know about.

Their is always a chance he did not know, I know I donít **** that my boss donít know about.
    You saw their set-up, right? It's impossible that he didn't know. The noise was so loud that you can see it in the video's audio signature. If had any plausible deniability, he'd still be with the team.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    You saw their set-up, right? It's impossible that he didn't know. The noise was so loud that you can see it in the video's audio signature. If had any plausible deniability, he'd still be with the team.
    And fans turning their heads towards the sound every time it happened.

Have to believe Brodie is on a short leash this year...
    This is as insightful as saying Mets would not take Alonso north last ST.
    ďIt is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.Ē -- Teddy Roosevelt

I think Brodie has made other questionable moves outside of the Cano trade. For example, how he handled the Wheeler situation. If Porcello and Wacha stink as much as they did last year, then that will add to the problem. There is also the Jed Lowrie debacle and his execution in Free Agency in general up to this point. It is my opinion that Brodie inherited a strong young core to build around and has not done much to enhance it. At the time, we just didn't realize we had a strong young core because some of those players hadn't fully developed yet.

As for his drafting track record, there is none. It's way to early to judge his first draft in a positive or negative light. I like some of the stuff he did, but it's just too early to judge. Many of us thought Sandy did a poor job drafting which turned out to be false. Draft dividends take time to pay out, sometimes up to 5 years. I'm lumping international signings into that as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    This is as insightful as saying Mets would not take Alonso north last ST.
    Doesn't sound that way now with Cohen apparently paying close attention to the next managerial hire. Cohen is not the Wilpons in terms of loyalty.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast