Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This may be perfect timing

Have to believe Brodie is on a short leash this year and that this team needs to make the playoffs being so close to the luxury tax. If he doesn't, the Mets seriously should be looking in another direction. Don't know if that will happen given the Wilpons still being involved with the team but now that Jeff Lunhow is out of a job, the Mets should be all over hiring him when he is eligible to come back from suspension in 2021.

Whatever when it comes to the sign stealing stuff. The dude is arguably the best mind in MLB and I would love to see him as the next Met GM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Have to believe Brodie is on a short leash this year and that this team needs to make the playoffs being so close to the luxury tax. If he doesn't, the Mets seriously should be looking in another direction. Don't know if that will happen given the Wilpons still being involved with the team but now that Jeff Lunhow is out of a job, the Mets should be all over hiring him when he is eligible to come back from suspension in 2021.

Whatever when it comes to the sign stealing stuff. The dude is arguably the best mind in MLB and I would love to see him as the next Met GM.
    Holy **** we agree.

I was just going to post something like this.
    2020 is a whole bunch of weird for me.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

From everything we have heard it was the players who drove the thing and Cora so Hinch kind of gets ****ed and yes he should get a job pretty soon after the suspension is over.

If the Wilpons are still running the show, they won’t, but Cohen?

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Holy **** we agree.

I was just going to post something like this.
    2020 is a whole bunch of weird for me.
    Never against an upgrade somewhere. Its just a matter of the Wilpons not being smart enough to make that type of move. Lunhow will end up being a GM again and make that team great. Unfortunately, it presumably won't be the Mets.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-13-2020 at 06:35 PM.

Never against an upgrade somewhere. Its just a matter of the Wilpons not being smart enough to make that type of move. Lunhow will end up being a GM again and make that team great. Unfortunately, it presumably won't be the Mets.
    I believe Cohen will have more say next off-season.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

In my opinion unless the team takes a major step backwards then he will get one more year after this season. Unless Cohen comes in and decides he wants to start fresh which to be honest I'm fine with. While I think Brodie is fine (Read an article the other day outlining how Brodie has been a solid GM after learning his lesson on the Cano deal) I would be fine with a new direction under a new owner.
    Just a Met's fan surrounded by Phillies fan's standing strong behind enemy lines

If there's anyone out there who should have no qualms about hiring a guy who is good at what he does but got caught cheating once, it should be Steve Cohen.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    If there's anyone out there who should have no qualms about hiring a guy who is good at what he does but got caught cheating once, it should be Steve Cohen.
    He gets it.

God, no.

If we wanted a great mind, should’ve went over Chaim Bloom. Mets have employed steroid users, those guilty of domestic violence, and now let’s hire a cheater?

Yuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

I'll be the one to say it. No reason Jeff Luhnow should ever be a GM again.

There are an exponential amount of qualified human beings that could be successful as the GM of a baseball organization. There are only 30 jobs, and i'd say thousands of people who could do this job just as good as Luhnow.

It's just about those thousands of people never getting the opportunity.
    #oneatatime

He was punished because it happened under his watched, but nothing has suggested he was the one driving the cheating scheme.

It’s something Cora and lower level employees did along with the players.

Because he was the GM he has to take some of the responsibility, but that does not mean he cheated.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    If there's anyone out there who understands that it's about winning and not necessarily about playing by the rules, it's Steve Cohen.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    God, no.

If we wanted a great mind, should’ve went over Chaim Bloom. Mets have employed steroid users, those guilty of domestic violence, and now let’s hire a cheater?

Yuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Didn't they already do that though?

If I'm the Mets, I'm hiring Lunhow the day he becomes eligible to come back from his suspension. This is a guy who put together two WS winning teams and built some excellent pipelines of young talent. His use of analytics revived the careers of guys like Verlander, McHugh, and turned Cole into the best pitcher in the AL.

The Mets would be crazy to pass on him.

With our luck, he'll become the next GM of the Phillies, Cardinals, or some NL team that is in the Met's path for the playoffs.

I like Brodie. I think outside of the Cano trade, he’s bringing the Mets in the right direction. He’s been improving our analytics team and he brought back Chad MacDonald which was a great decision for scouting. Lets see how this season goes first.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast