Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Some will bash me for this question, but I think it's a legitimate one
    Would Derek Jeter be so strongly considered a HOFer were he not a Yankee?
    Yet some today asking 'will he be voted in unanimously?' Seriously?! Even AS a Yankee I don't see him as necessarily first ballot...unanimously?!!
    Yes of course, though I wonder if he'd have as many gold gloves and nearly as many post-season PA's. But yeah, he'd be a lock to go in, even if he was a Royal.

I've never seen examples of this big market bias that people claim exists. Bernie Williams and Jorge Posada got almost no love. I haven't seen these big market guys go in, and small market guys get left out in the past.

Schilling didn't get in yet Again cause Of his opinions great job baseball.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Full list.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 01-21-2020 at 07:25 PM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

The Dunn, Penny, Ibanez, and Putz voters should be banned from future voting.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    He wasn't judged or sanctioned when he played for something that was spread around the majors. Some who already are suspected to have used already got in (Pudge, Piazza and Bagwell) so why make them both the scapegoats of a cheating era that both the media and the commissioner refused to both investigate and just ban by calling it like it is....cheating. Oh they needed that era to save baseball from the unpopularity of the 1994/1995 strike that made so many fans unhappy with the game, well they have to live with that decision now.

And what about those who confessed to use amphetamines in the 60s and 70s? That is banned now but nobody would argue against players from that era.

It's just too hard to choose who to not accept in the HOF since the rules and regulations are different from era to era.

We can't use 2020 society to judge Ty Cobb who played in the 1910s and 1920s for example.

That's why a lot of voters draw a line in the fact that only players who were actually punished by MLB (Pete Rose, Manny Ramirez and pretty soon A-Rod) they are the ones who can't get in because of that character clause in the HOF.
    I'm not going to blame players for taking a substance that was legal.

Those two, in particular, continued to cheat LONG after it was known what effect they had and that it was against the rules.

Billy Wagner is so underrated itís awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cubbiefan_est88 View Post

At least he doubled his %, so am hopeful that in 3-4 years he will make it.

Quote Originally Posted by cubbiefan_est88 View Post

Right? Compare him to Trevor Hoffman.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Right? Compare him to Trevor Hoffman.
    Oh believe me Iíve had people actually argue me on that one lol

Jeter was not mentioned on 1 writer's ballot and Larry Walker made it by 6 votes.
    Congratulations to both new members and also to Ted Simmons and Marvin Miller.

mr overrated got it... congrats jeter

give me rolen over jeter every day of the week and twice on sunday

Now way in hell Andruw Jones deserves more votes than Bobby Abreu.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    He's absolutely a HOFer regardless of uniform, he's the 6th best SS of all time by fWAR and only 2 of the 4 guys above him aren't in the HOF: ARod, who's not yet eligible and Bill Dahlen who played his last game 109 years ago. He's also in the top 10 all time for HRs and AVG, which is like catnip to HOF voters.

I think he'd get in on the first ballot even if he played his entire career by an easily overlooked team like the Twins, being a Yankee with 5 rings just makes it even easier for the writers to vote for him.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Jeter was not mentioned on 1 writer's ballot and Larry Walker made it by 6 votes.
    Congratulations to both new members and also to Ted Simmons and Marvin Miller.
    Marvin Miller got in too! That is awesome. Thanks for posting this.
    Last edited by thefeckcampaign; 01-22-2020 at 06:26 AM.

The HOF has become a joke. What happened to putting in the ELITE players? Yes i know there are players in already that don't belong. Harold Baines and Alan Trammel- most recently . Very good players? Yes. Elite ? No . Before we know it Jason Variteks name will be on the list Time to stop watering down just to have somebody to put in. I used to think it was a special place.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast