Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768
Results 1,006 to 1,009 of 1009
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    So it wasn't just me then, wondering about Osborn at the time....and hoping they'd seen something
    I mean he was the 25th WR taken, so only so much to expect, but still, there were guys that seemed to have stronger value (I wanted Watkins, but what do I know)

Here's guys drafted after KJ...of course not including guys like Quartney who were UDFA
    Donovan Peoples-Jones*
    Quez Watkins*
    James Proche*
    Isaiah Hodgins*
    Dezmon Patmon*
    Freddie Swain*
    Jauan Jennings*
    K. J. Hill*
    Tyrie Cleveland*

So, if you guys are right, we have to look at it as if Davis was our 5th rd pick and Osborn a UDFA signing
    The pick of Osborn in the 5th round really frustrated me while the draft was going on. Most WR rankings I saw had him ranked around 50 or 60. Whereas Quartney was in the 20 to 30 range. I honestly would take any WR on your list over Osborn. I'm sure Rick and Co see something in him or at least think they do that no other scout or front office did. I definitely don't see it though. He was average at best every year he was in college and I just don't see that production translating well in the NFL. At best, I think he could be a PS guy but I have been wrong plenty of times before.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Sounds like we wanted Osborn for his ability to return punts. He was 3rd in the NCAA in return average behind Waddle and Reagor. That's nice and all but what confused me is two guys we passed over for him. James Proche was 15th and Peoples-Jones 27th in return average. Not great but they have the ability to return punts. Both receivers are also better actual wide receivers. I can sorta understand Osborn over Proche because Proche didn't test very well (he didn't run the 40 and Osborn had a solid day) and comes from an air raid system but I don't at all understand Osborn over Peoples-Jones. Peoples-Jones absolutely crushed it at the combine and IMO was the victim of a pretty bad Michigan offense. I never saw the super star hype from Peoples-Jones but I do see some potential to be a solid pro. He size/athleticism compares well to Chris Conley and Darius Slayton. But whatever. We'll all be happy if Jefferson develops and Osborn becomes Sherels 2.0 and then we'll all forget about how annoyed we were over a 5th round pick lol
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Sounds like we wanted Osborn for his ability to return punts. He was 3rd in the NCAA in return average behind Waddle and Reagor. That's nice and all but what confused me is two guys we passed over for him. James Proche was 15th and Peoples-Jones 27th in return average. Not great but they have the ability to return punts. Both receivers are also better actual wide receivers. I can sorta understand Osborn over Proche because Proche didn't test very well (he didn't run the 40 and Osborn had a solid day) and comes from an air raid system but I don't at all understand Osborn over Peoples-Jones. Peoples-Jones absolutely crushed it at the combine and IMO was the victim of a pretty bad Michigan offense. I never saw the super star hype from Peoples-Jones but I do see some potential to be a solid pro. He size/athleticism compares well to Chris Conley and Darius Slayton. But whatever. We'll all be happy if Jefferson develops and Osborn becomes Sherels 2.0 and then we'll all forget about how annoyed we were over a 5th round pick lol
    I was shouting for DPJ. Think he'll be a good receiver if/when he starts getting good QB play. Can't believe he fell like he did.

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    I was shouting for DPJ. Think he'll be a good receiver if/when he starts getting good QB play. Can't believe he fell like he did.
    He is overrated, I'll admit that. He wasn't even the best receiver on his own team. He got a lot of name recognition because he was a 5 star recruit and I believe the #1 WR recruit in the country. Then he blew up the combine. His game at Michigan never came close to backing that up. But I do see potential with him and the 6th round was too low for him IMO. Freaky athlete even though he doesn't play that way but he looks smooth on the field. I figured with his natural talent he would go in the 4th round. Maybe there are off field concerns? I know he wants to be an orthopedic surgeon one day like his dad. NFL GM's probably viewed that as a red flag thinking he isn't "a football guy". If so, that's stupid. But honestly, it's whatever. I've been telling myself to stop complaining about a 5th round pick. Especially after how well our first 4 rounds turned out.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan