Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 68 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    I read some quotes from Spielmans press conference today and I feel good about our draft readiness. Not sure if anyone has seen the huge digital draft board the Vikings had built in their war room but Spielman has a (smaller) replica built in his house. He said anything he can do in their draft room he is able to do at his house. Should be pretty much business as usual for the Vikings.

Seattle, on the other hand, really seems to be struggling. The Seahawks GM has construction workers over his house knocking down walls to improve his internet connection lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I read some quotes from Spielmans press conference today and I feel good about our draft readiness. Not sure if anyone has seen the huge digital draft board the Vikings had built in their war room but Spielman has a (smaller) replica built in his house. He said anything he can do in their draft room he is able to do at his house. Should be pretty much business as usual for the Vikings.

Seattle, on the other hand, really seems to be struggling. The Seahawks GM has construction workers over his house knocking down walls to improve his internet connection lol

Yeah, not like Seattle would have direct access to any tech savvy people like say, Bill Gates
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Lol knocking down walls isn't going to do anything unless they're made of brick, stone or whatever. Drywall isn't an issue.

I hope Seattle royally ****s up their draft. Along w GB, Chi, NO and NE.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Lol knocking down walls isn't going to do anything unless they're made of brick, stone or whatever. Drywall isn't an issue.

Yeah I'm confused with this as well. I sure in hell would NOT be going wireless that's for sure. Like you said maybe the current walls they were not able to run cable.

There was a Philly reporter that reported the Jerry Juedy has an knee issue that has not been reported and that several teams have taken him completely off their board because of this. She is verified and another Philly reporter confirmed this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Yeah I'm confused with this as well. I sure in hell would NOT be going wireless that's for sure. Like you said maybe the current walls they were not able to run cable.
    That situation just makes no sense at all. Schneider clearly has money and probably should already have a strong connection anyway. Plus, the Seahawks IT team should be experts as well. Finding a way to get a stronger signal isn't very difficult. I really wish I could be a fly on the wall inside his house lol
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Even if you can't run cat6 to a certain area, seems a lot easier to move your computer to where your internet equipment is and hardwire it rather than demoing parts of the house lol.

Or just purchase a mesh network for a few hundred bucks and hardwire to one of the nodes. That way you can be in whatever room you want and still have a hardwired connection.

There was a Philly reporter that reported the Jerry Juedy has an knee issue that has not been reported and that several teams have taken him completely off their board because of this. She is verified and another Philly reporter confirmed this as well.
    Seems like one of those rumors that a team puts out hoping he'll fall. With only a short time before the draft and limited contact, it could be hard to verify. How awesome would it be if he made it to 22?

This is total BS! I am a software engineer and I primarily work out of my home office. I have a ton of equipment running and my internet is always strong. My connection to my companies servers is always strong as well, and we have 10x the amount of traffic that this guy would ever see. Oh and my home office is in my basement surrounded by walls and I run off WIFI. This is a scapegoat for him if he royally Fís up IMO

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMark247 View Post
    This is total BS! I am a software engineer and I primarily work out of my home office. I have a ton of equipment running and my internet is always strong. My connection to my companies servers is always strong as well, and we have 10x the amount of traffic that this guy would ever see. Oh and my home office is in my basement surrounded by walls and I run off WIFI. This is a scapegoat for him if he royally Fís up IMO

tho it wouldn't surprise me, especially in this time frame where some have excess time on their hands, that there won't be guys who've found/built jammers after scoping out where some of these personnel live just to try and mess things up...........i.e. not like there aren't Cheeseheads in MSP or Niner fans in Seattle...
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

So at this point I have watched highlight reels on pretty much every prospect that I think the vikings could consider between rounds 1-2.

To be honest I don't think any of the CBs are very good compared to years past outside of Okudah and Henderson. I even went back and watched tape from Waynes, Alexander, and Hughes and man I don't see where the Gladney/Terell/Fulton/Jonhson look as good or any better than those guys. I feel like at this point alot of people are trying to talk about how good some of these guys are relative to the rest of the of the draft to feel better about the pick.

I don't think the Vikings should even consider a CB in Rd 1 at this point and should sign a couple FA CBS to compete with Hughes and Hill. Once Harris or resigned or traded there will be cap to sign any 2 to 3 of the guys on the cheap below and draft a guy in round 2-3 that can develop/compete in the slot (Winfield/Robertson)

Sign
    Dre Kirkpatrick
    Prince Anukamara
    Logan Ryan
    Eli Apple
    Vernon Hargreaves (long shot Zimmer may be able to fix)

Rick should be aggressive in pursuing other positions and trading up IMO. Assuming the plan is to keep Harris then we can pass on a weaker CB class for a year knowing we have the best S duo in the NFL and frankly any 2 corners on the outside who are NFL players should play up to or exceed the level Waynes/Rhodes displayed in 2019.

Jorge I'm with ya. Though I think we will take a CB early because any decent ones will be off the board sooner than later. I also do think we will be doing a lot of moving around in this draft. I think we could move up in the first and then move out with our second one. I feel there are a lot of second round guys that could be contributors. If we can add another second and third from moving back that would be nice.

Jorge I'm with ya. Though I think we will take a CB early because any decent ones will be off the board sooner than later. I also do think we will be doing a lot of moving around in this draft. I think we could move up in the first and then move out with our second one. I feel there are a lot of second round guys that could be contributors. If we can add another second and third from moving back that would be nice.
    I feel this way too. It seems there are maybe 15-20 "blue chip" prospects this year and at 22 there's a good chance one doesn't fall. Trading up isn't a bad idea. From 25 to like 50 the prospect pool seems to be equally talented. Trading back from 25 can allow you to recoup some of the picks traded away by moving up from 22. I'm hoping Trader Rick lives up to his nickname tomorrow.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

I really hope Tyler Johnson doesnít end up with the Vikings. I donít see why Gopher fans think he is so great.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    I really hope Tyler Johnson doesnít end up with the Vikings. I donít see why Gopher fans think he is so great.
    Are you quoting anyone specific here?

Tyler Johnson has similar numbers to Ceedee Lamb the last couple years, was 7th in rec yds/tds last year and isn't expected to go in the first few rounds as far as I am aware.

People probably want him because he is a later round pick they have watched often with talent (he will have physical limitations at the next level though, I would agree). I haven't seen anyone saying he is so great and we need him/should take him in early rounds though.

Page 30 of 68 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast