Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    How 'bout AJ Dillon at #105? RB isn't a need, per se....but he'd be a banger (more so than Ham, even tho I like Ham)....just seems like outside of Ham, our change of pace backs aren't really a change of pace
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    It's so quiet right now with everything going on. In the past we would be hawks watching twitter to see which guys the Vikings were flying in this week for 1 on 1 dinners and visits.

I honestly have no idea what the Vikings might do or who they even like. I have seen some lists of previous combine meetings and virtual stuff but it's 20 players shorter than in the past.

I do feel that there is less than a 5% chance the Vikings take a WR in the first two rounds. I could potentially see a trade for a WR during the draft and a couple WR taken between end of Round 3-Round 5. One guy I could see us throwing a 5th or 6th rounder at is Jerffrey from the Eagles. I know he is on the back end of his Prime but he wants out of Philly and if they can make the $s make sense he could be a decent gap filler. Philly is projected to take a WR at pick 21 so as soon as they do I could see Rick giving them a ring since he has gone after Jeffrey at every opportunity since he came out of SC.

I feel like Rick is going to be aggressive and move around but at the same time I feel like they can afford to go BPA at 22 & 25 and move up in Rd 2 as needed.
    With the way our salary cap is set up I doubt we trade for a veteran WR with a big contract, especially one thatís at the tail- end of his career and one that doesnít stretch the field. With us being a running team we need someone who can stretch the field vertically when weíre facing 8 guys in the box. The guy that makes perfect sense is Jalen Reagor. This guy has an extra gear and reminds me of Percy Harvin. The best part about him is he could slide down to the first half of the second round. We can trade back, get more picks and still get him. I think heís the best fit for our offense out of all the second tier WRs.

Let's assume Doogie is right and the Vikings really want to shore up their OL. I'm not sold on Josh Jones or Erza Cleveland being day 1 starters so the Vikings move up to get one of the top 4. Dane Brugler (I'm a big fan of his work) has Andrew Thomas as the 15th overall player. I think he's a day 1 starter and can definitely play in a zone scheme. We trade up to 16 with the Falcons (who have a lot of holes on their roster and only 6 picks) and give up 89 and 155. Value wise, the Falcons come out slightly ahead in that deal. We take Andrew Thomas as 16. That means Riley Reiff is either being released or moved to guard. Probably moved to guard.

I don't know who would be willing to move up in the draft. Looking at the teams after we pick at 25, it seems more likely if we move back it'll be out of the 1st round entirely. The Bengals, Giants, Panthers, Chargers, or Dolphins either have a young QB already or are likely to draft one early. I could see any of those teams being willing to move up to get a piece to put around their QB. The Dolphins have a massive amount of draft capital. They pick right after we do at 26 but that could change if they decide to trade up from 5 to get a QB. Rick must be jealous of the Dolphins. They have 3 in the 1st, 2 in the 2nd, 3 in the 5th, and 3 in the 7th. 14 picks total.

But let's assume we trade from 25 to somewhere between 33 and 39. Based on Brugler's rankings we could be looking at Mims/Reager at WR, Blacklock/Madubuike at DT, or Jaylon Johnson/AJ Terrell at CB. Pretty close to the same options we have at 25. At 58 Pittman/Hamler/Claypool at WR, Gallimore/Elliott at DT, Fulton/Igbinogene/Arnette at CB.

Trading around that much early on in the draft is probably difficult but I don't see why we can't pull it off.
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 04-10-2020 at 03:20 PM.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting a very "underating" feel for AJ Epenesa. It seems a lot of the media has checked him off because of his combine. I think that's incredible foolish. The guy can play. To me, he seems like he could be a poormans JJ Watt or Joey Bosa. I think he will be a helluva player and I would be ecstatic if we picked him up.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Let's assume Doogie is right and the Vikings really want to shore up their OL. I'm not sold on Josh Jones or Erza Cleveland being day 1 starters so the Vikings move up to get one of the top 4. Dane Brugler (I'm a big fan of his work) has Andrew Thomas as the 15th overall player. I think he's a day 1 starter and can definitely play in a zone scheme. We trade up to 16 with the Falcons (who have a lot of holes on their roster and only 6 picks) and give up 89 and 155. Value wise, the Falcons come out slightly ahead in that deal. We take Andrew Thomas as 16. That means Riley Reiff is either being released or moved to guard. Probably moved to guard.

I don't know who would be willing to move up in the draft. Looking at the teams after we pick at 25, it seems more likely if we move back it'll be out of the 1st round entirely. The Bengals, Giants, Panthers, Chargers, or Dolphins either have a young QB already or are likely to draft one early. I could see any of those teams being willing to move up to get a piece to put around their QB. The Dolphins have a massive amount of draft capital. They pick right after we do at 26 but that could change if they decide to trade up from 5 to get a QB. Rick must be jealous of the Dolphins. They have 3 in the 1st, 2 in the 2nd, 3 in the 5th, and 3 in the 7th. 14 picks total.

But let's assume we trade from 25 to somewhere between 33 and 39. Based on Brugler's rankings we could be looking at Mims/Reager at WR, Blacklock/Madubuike at DT, or Jaylon Johnson/AJ Terrell at CB. Pretty close to the same options we have at 25. At 58 Pittman/Hamler/Claypool at WR, Gallimore/Elliott at DT, Fulton/Igbinogene/Arnette at CB.

Trading around that much early on in the draft is probably difficult but I don't see why we can't pull it off.
    I would absolutely trade up for Thomas. He'd fit great for us. For me, the sucky thing is though is that we need a guard more than a tackle, and I'm not sure how good Reiff would be at guard. In your scenario, my ideal would be to get Thomas at 15, and get Cesar Ruiz or a top interior guy within the first two rounds.
    But give me Johnson with the first of the seconds and Claypool/Pittman with the other.

far easier to find a great guard than a very good LT, tho....in a lot of ways, your entire OL goes as your LT goes

Minnesota Vikings 2020 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    I would absolutely trade up for Thomas. He'd fit great for us. For me, the sucky thing is though is that we need a guard more than a tackle, and I'm not sure how good Reiff would be at guard. In your scenario, my ideal would be to get Thomas at 15, and get Cesar Ruiz or a top interior guy within the first two rounds.
    But give me Johnson with the first of the seconds and Claypool/Pittman with the other.
    Iím really intrigued by Ruiz and if we do trade back from 25 (assuming we donít take OL at 22 or by trading up) heís one of my top targets. Great scheme fit. I just canít see us taking 2 OL early with so many other holes. If we pull off a trade up for one of Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs then trade back from 25 like in my above scenario then Ruiz and a DB would be an incredible start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

If GB trades up ahead of us to take a WR, what would you think about going some combination of OL/DL/CB with the two picks in the 1st and taking Claypool in the 2nd? Without trading down in the 1st (and not taking a WR), guys like Mims and Reager would be gone by 58, but Claypool would be in range of either being there at our pick or not taking a lot of capital to move up for.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Iím really intrigued by Ruiz and if we do trade back from 25 (assuming we donít take OL at 22 or by trading up) heís one of my top targets. Great scheme fit. I just canít see us taking 2 OL early with so many other holes. If we pull off a trade up for one of Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs then trade back from 25 like in my above scenario then Ruiz and a DB would be an incredible start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hear ya, I think getting two top talents at Tackle and Guard would go a long way for us, but it aint gonna happen.
    If we could pull that off and get Lamb, Ruiz and Johnson. That right there would be a grand slam of a draft.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    If GB trades up ahead of us to take a WR, what would you think about going some combination of OL/DL/CB with the two picks in the 1st and taking Claypool in the 2nd? Without trading down in the 1st (and not taking a WR), guys like Mims and Reager would be gone by 58, but Claypool would be in range of either being there at our pick or not taking a lot of capital to move up for.
    If we went OL/DL my picks would be Ruiz/Jackson and Epenesa/Gross-Matos. Then take Claypool/Edwards or Pittman in the 2nd.

I got this, Rick can take the weekend off

TRADE ALERT: Anthony Harris and #25 (720) to Raiders for #19 (875) #81 (185)
    Raiders have a need at safety and picks 12 & 19. They also have 3 third rounders so they are willing to slide back 6 picks in round 1 and surrender a 3rd for the best rated S in the league.
    There are no RD safeties and they don't have a 2nd rounder.

#19 Javon Kinlaw DT3 SC (Kinlaw availability at 19 is too good to resist)

TRADE ALERT: run on WRs inspire Vikings to trade out of RD 1
    Viking Trade #25 (720) & # 81(185) ((905) to Colts for #34 (560) & #44 (460) (1120) Colts need a reliable #/2 WR to pair with Rivers and TY and don't want to miss out on their guy.

#34 Antoine Winfield Jr. CB/S MINN
    #44 Tyler Biadasz OG WISC
    #58 Ezra Cleveland OT BOISE
    #89 AJ Green CB OK ST.
    #105 Gabriel Davis WR UCF

Iím falling in love with Ezra Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Iím falling in love with Ezra Cleveland.
    I really like him as well. Another guy I did that we could possibly get in the 2nd round or later would be Matt Peart. I think he could be a stud in a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    I really like him as well. Another guy I did that we could possibly get in the 2nd round or later would be Matt Peart. I think he could be a stud in a year or two.
    I keep meaning to look into Peart.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    I keep meaning to look into Peart.
    I think the guy could be our left tackle of the future. Just needs more coaching and strength.

Page 23 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast