Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    this team definitely looked better at this time a year ago....when we still thought Cousins could take that next step.......but we've certainly looked worse, too......

What scares me more at this point is Rick having 2 1st rd picks since he's done pretty well everywhere else in the draft, but rarely the 1st........reminds me of having 2 in 2013 that became 3....we all thought home runs with Shariff Floyd, Xavier Rhodes, and Flash Patterson.....now 7 years later we have none of the 3 and basically got 2 good years out of 2 and 1/2 out of the 3rd....

Do we use both picks? Use one and add more day 2 capital with the other? Or use both to move up near the top 10? And if so, for who? Right now I'd think 2 of OT/CB/DL if we keep them...but there's WR stud potential, too.....or here's a wild one, what if we traded Harris and our #25 for the #10 (not sure what else would need to be in there for that to work)
    I'm worried about the first round picks too but luckily for the Vikings this draft looks strong in the secondary, OT, and receiver so our needs line up well. Regardless of what happens with Harris, I'm hoping we use our draft capitol to trade up for Kinlaw. He probably doesn't fall much but if he gets into the teens then we need to be aggressive to get him. I think he'll be a stud. IF we can trade up from 22 then I would trade back from 25. I'm cool with trading 25 out of the 1st round and letting Rick do his thing in the 2nd round. The 2nd and 7th rounds are where he thrives lol

I saw someone on Twitter suggest using Harris to trade up to #10 but I don't see it. I think Harris is valued at a 3rd round pick. That's what we would get next year if he walked as a FA. Using the draft trade value chart, #10 is worth 1,300 points. 22 is worth 780 and 25 is 720. The difference between 10 and our first round picks is a high 2nd round pick. I highly doubt we could get a high 2nd round pick from a team. For that deal to work we would probably have to trade Harris, 22, and 58 for 10 and maybe their 4th rounder. I would rather just trade Harris for a 3rd and be done with it. Jacksonville, Miami, Cleveland, Dallas, and Oakland would probably each have interest.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I'm worried about the first round picks too but luckily for the Vikings this draft looks strong in the secondary, OT, and receiver so our needs line up well. Regardless of what happens with Harris, I'm hoping we use our draft capitol to trade up for Kinlaw. He probably doesn't fall much but if he gets into the teens then we need to be aggressive to get him. I think he'll be a stud. IF we can trade up from 22 then I would trade back from 25. I'm cool with trading 25 out of the 1st round and letting Rick do his thing in the 2nd round. The 2nd and 7th rounds are where he thrives lol

I saw someone on Twitter suggest using Harris to trade up to #10 but I don't see it. I think Harris is valued at a 3rd round pick. That's what we would get next year if he walked as a FA. Using the draft trade value chart, #10 is worth 1,300 points. 22 is worth 780 and 25 is 720. The difference between 10 and our first round picks is a high 2nd round pick. I highly doubt we could get a high 2nd round pick from a team. For that deal to work we would probably have to trade Harris, 22, and 58 for 10 and maybe their 4th rounder. I would rather just trade Harris for a 3rd and be done with it. Jacksonville, Miami, Cleveland, Dallas, and Oakland would probably each have interest.
    Unless some top guys fall, I don't think we need to trade up in this draft. A lot of talent at all of our needs.

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Unless some top guys fall, I don't think we need to trade up in this draft. A lot of talent at all of our needs.
    Only time you trade up is for a QB. Especially with all the holes we got to fill too. 1st round picks are somewhat overrated so it would not surprise me to see us move back with one if a guy isn't there.

That's what I'm saying with Kinlaw. If he starts to fall then we better go get him. He's a difference maker.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

That's what I'm saying with Kinlaw. If he starts to fall then we better go get him. He's a difference maker.
    He's one that would be worth it but I still doubt he gets to within striking range for us.

He's one that would be worth it but I still doubt he gets to within striking range for us.
    their are several players that can replace whats been lost.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleplayer543 View Post
    their are several players that can replace whats been lost.
    You're right, but there are also levels to it. I know I'm not a scout, but I think Kinlaw will be head and shoulders above any of the DTs who get taken after him. Seems like the impact he would have might be worth using a 3rd round pick to trade up a few spots, if he's there. Unfortunately, I don't think he gets out of the top 10.

A late round guy that I've seen a few clips of and really like it Demarkus Acy. From what I've seen, he looks like he should go a lot higher than he's projected.
    Last edited by natelpete; 03-19-2020 at 02:33 AM.

A late round guy that I've seen a few clips of and really like it Demarkus Acy. From what I've seen, he looks like he should go a lot higher than he's projected.
    I donít think even got invited to the combine.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    I donít think even got invited to the combine.
    And I haven't seen him in many player rankings. Could be a UDFA steal but I have to assume someone will draft him.

And I haven't seen him in many player rankings. Could be a UDFA steal but I have to assume someone will draft him.
    He will definitely be drafted. Teams wonít overlook him

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    He will definitely be drafted. Teams wonít overlook him
    this years draft is going to be like every thing else this year and thats different no visits to teams no pro days teams are going to have to rely on tape and combine footage,ricks going to have to put in some lsate nights to find gems like diggs,hunter and cook in this years draft i figure by the end of the draft the vikes will have something like 16 to 18 picks. im thinking 3 wr's maybe 4 , same with o line and db .

AJ Epenesa at 22 or 25 por favor. Imagine that dude and Hunter with Pierce in the middle. Thatís one way to make our crappy corners play better.

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    AJ Epenesa at 22 or 25 por favor. Imagine that dude and Hunter with Pierce in the middle. Thatís one way to make our crappy corners play better.
    I've read his best fit might be inside as a DE in 3-4. He ran a 5.04 40 and that's pretty slow for a 4-3 end. I'm curious if he could play 3T in our system. Athletically, his combine is very similar to Gerald McCoy.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

I've read his best fit might be inside as a DE in 3-4. He ran a 5.04 40 and that's pretty slow for a 4-3 end. I'm curious if he could play 3T in our system. Athletically, his combine is very similar to Gerald McCoy.
    I think heíll be fine as a DE in the pros but if we want him to put on some weight and play 3T thatís cool with me as well. Zim loves moving his ends inside on passing downs anyway, i think heíd be a huge addition to the defense.

I know his combine wasnít great but sometimes you gotta just let the tape speak for itself. This dude knows how to use his hands and get to the QB. Might be a blessing in disguise if he falls to us just because of his 40 yard dash.

Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast