Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 1009
  1. #196
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,586
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Apparently the new CBA may change the compensatory pick formula. Nick Korte, who writes for overthecap.com and is an expert on comp picks, redid the formula for this year in case the new CBA goes into effect. The new formula would be good news for the Vikings. We would lose both 7th round picks but our 4th rounder for losing Sheldon Richardson would be bumped up to a 3rd rounder. Fingers crossed that this happens.
    Spielman will turn that 3rd rounder into 7th rounders

  2. #197
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    13,184
    Xavier Rhodes - likely cut
    Trae Waynes - FA
    Mac Alexander - FA
    Mike Hughes - broken vertabrae in neck
    Holton Hill - mistake away from significant suspension

    I like how Zimmer appears confident in Hughes, Hill, and Boyd but holy hell, do we really have to draft a corner by the end of day 2...again?! If we can only keep one of X, Trae, and Mac, I'd keep Mac at this point...but that means that, other than Hill, we'd have no corners with any real length...and no cap to get one in FA when any cap we generate is needed elsewhere.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  3. #198
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    13,308
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Xavier Rhodes - likely cut
    Trae Waynes - FA
    Mac Alexander - FA
    Mike Hughes - broken vertabrae in neck
    Holton Hill - mistake away from significant suspension

    I like how Zimmer appears confident in Hughes, Hill, and Boyd but holy hell, do we really have to draft a corner by the end of day 2...again?! If we can only keep one of X, Trae, and Mac, I'd keep Mac at this point...but that means that, other than Hill, we'd have no corners with any real length...and no cap to get one in FA when any cap we generate is needed elsewhere.
    Well the good news is under the new CBA I think Hill would be cleared of his weed disciplines so as long as that is it we should be good moving forward lol.

  4. #199
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,586
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Xavier Rhodes - likely cut
    Trae Waynes - FA
    Mac Alexander - FA
    Mike Hughes - broken vertabrae in neck
    Holton Hill - mistake away from significant suspension

    I like how Zimmer appears confident in Hughes, Hill, and Boyd but holy hell, do we really have to draft a corner by the end of day 2...again?! If we can only keep one of X, Trae, and Mac, I'd keep Mac at this point...but that means that, other than Hill, we'd have no corners with any real length...and no cap to get one in FA when any cap we generate is needed elsewhere.
    Will Hill be grand fathered in with the new CBA?

  5. #200
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    18,181
    Great news! Comp picks were awarded today and the Vikings get 3:

    3rd round - pick 106
    7th round - pick 249
    7th round - pick 253

    The pick for Sheldon Richardson becoming a 3rd round pick is huge. It was thought to be a 4th rounder so this is an improvement of about 35 spots.

    Our 10 picks are confirmed:

    1st - 25
    2nd - 58
    3rd - 89
    3rd - 105
    4th - 132
    6th - 205
    7th - 220
    7th - 240
    7th - 249
    7th - 253
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  6. #201
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    18,181
    25: Antoine Winfield Jr. S Minnesota
    58: Donovan Peoples-Jones WR Michigan
    89: Tyler Biadasz IOL Wisconsin
    105: Michael Ojemudia CB Iowa
    132: Khalil Davis IDL Nebraska
    205: James Smith-Williams EDGE NC State
    219: Tyrie Cleveland WR Florida
    239: Levonta Taylor CB Florida State
    249: Tanner Muse S Clemson
    253: Logan Wilson LB Wyoming

    Let's eat
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  7. #202
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    2,361
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Great news! Comp picks were awarded today and the Vikings get 3:

    3rd round - pick 106
    7th round - pick 249
    7th round - pick 253

    The pick for Sheldon Richardson becoming a 3rd round pick is huge. It was thought to be a 4th rounder so this is an improvement of about 35 spots.

    Our 10 picks are confirmed:

    1st - 25
    2nd - 58
    3rd - 89
    3rd - 105
    4th - 132
    6th - 205
    7th - 220
    7th - 240
    7th - 249
    7th - 253
    Rick is more excited about the 7th round picks.

  8. #203
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    18,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikes_Fan04 View Post
    Rick is more excited about the 7th round picks.
    Honestly, Rick has been awesome with late round picks so he probably is more excited for those 7ís lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  9. #204
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    13,184
    If we don't extend Cousins (which I'd prefer), we need to draft a QB (maybe regardless)....so maybe a 3rd rder is Hurts? Not that I've really understood why he's not considered a 2nd rd pick, but apparently isn't. To me he's kind of this year's Russell Wilson (not that I'm saying he'll BE Wilson, just eventually viewed as a great value pick)
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  10. #205
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    13,308
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    If we don't extend Cousins (which I'd prefer), we need to draft a QB (maybe regardless)....so maybe a 3rd rder is Hurts? Not that I've really understood why he's not considered a 2nd rd pick, but apparently isn't. To me he's kind of this year's Russell Wilson (not that I'm saying he'll BE Wilson, just eventually viewed as a great value pick)
    No I agree with you. I like Hurts and I do think he will go higher than expected. I think most see him as a 3rd round guy but if you like him then someone will take him in the 2nd.

  11. #206
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    18,181
    25 Javon Kinlaw IDL South Carolina
    58 Antoine Winfield Jr. S Minnesota
    89 Damon Arnette CB Ohio State
    105 Tyler Biadasz IOL Wisconsin
    132 Tyler Johnson WR Minnesota
    205 Binjimen Victor WR Ohio State
    219 Alex Taylor OT South Carolina State
    239 Levonta Taylor CB Florida State
    249 James Smith-Williams EDGE NC State
    253 Logan Wilson LB Wyoming
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  12. #207
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,586
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    25 Javon Kinlaw IDL South Carolina
    58 Antoine Winfield Jr. S Minnesota
    89 Damon Arnette CB Ohio State
    105 Tyler Biadasz IOL Wisconsin
    132 Tyler Johnson WR Minnesota
    205 Binjimen Victor WR Ohio State
    219 Alex Taylor OT South Carolina State
    239 Levonta Taylor CB Florida State
    249 James Smith-Williams EDGE NC State
    253 Logan Wilson LB Wyoming
    That would be awesome, but we all know Kinlaw will be top 10.

  13. #208
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    515
    I donít think Winfield Jr will fall that far, and it would be awesome to get Johnson too. I have a good feeling that Johnson is gonna be a stud!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #209
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    13,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    That would be awesome, but we all know Kinlaw will be top 10.
    I don't know about top 10 but it for sure seems like a top 20 pick for sure. I'm starting to see more mocks with us taking Ross Blacklock and the more I read on him the more I like him. I've seen a comparison to him as Gerald McCoy (I think from the Draft Network).

  15. #210
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    18,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    That would be awesome, but we all know Kinlaw will be top 10.
    Yeah zero chance he'll fall to 25. When he fell to 25 and Winfield fell to 58 my thoughts were this mock machine must be broken today lol but man those first 4-5 picks would be a home run if it really happened.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •