Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Diggs isnít being a cry baby, heís just trolling twitter because everyone is so gullible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ya I agree with this. People just looking into it more now than ever.

But to an extent I do understand his frustration. We have two highly paid WR's but want to be a run first team. When things go the way that Zim wants we will barely throw 30 times a game. I don't think it makes any sense to trade him this year due to the financial reasons. Perhaps down the road but it just doesn't make sense unless he forces his way out, then you at least hear offers.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Hope so. Though this does remind me of the Percy Harvin saga. Never thought that he would get traded and then there he went.
    The Harvin situation was way worse, not really comparable. There was constant tension between Childress and Harvin and even Frazier. It got so bad that Harvin threw a dumbbell at Childress during an argument. We also know for a fact that Harvin requested a trade. He wasn't happy and wanted a new contract. It was expected that Harvin was going to get traded. Any rumors around Diggs are just speculation about what his tweets mean. Pelissero has already said that after Diggs came back after missing 2 practices that he was really good in the building and that the odds of a trade are very long. He also said this is just "Diggs being Diggs" regarding his tweets.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Ya I agree with this. People just looking into it more now than ever.

But to an extent I do understand his frustration. We have two highly paid WR's but want to be a run first team. When things go the way that Zim wants we will barely throw 30 times a game. I don't think it makes any sense to trade him this year due to the financial reasons. Perhaps down the road but it just doesn't make sense unless he forces his way out, then you at least hear offers.
    But we need to have two really good receivers. Look how much the offense struggled when Thielen was out. Diggs especially is important. He's arguably the best deep ball receiver in the league and his presence keeps defenses honest. It's dangerous to stack the box against the run because of how Diggs can beat you deep. Look at the end of the Lions game when we were trying to run the clock out and Diggs iced the game on a bomb.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

The Harvin situation was way worse, not really comparable. There was constant tension between Childress and Harvin and even Frazier. It got so bad that Harvin threw a dumbbell at Childress during an argument. We also know for a fact that Harvin requested a trade. He wasn't happy and wanted a new contract. It was expected that Harvin was going to get traded. Any rumors around Diggs are just speculation about what his tweets mean. Pelissero has already said that after Diggs came back after missing 2 practices that he was really good in the building and that the odds of a trade are very long. He also said this is just "Diggs being Diggs" regarding his tweets.
    Oh I agree, the Harvin situation was far worse, it just reminds me of it. Was completely confident that it was just noise coming from Harvin and such, but then we traded him. Now, with what Greenway has said about Diggs, its got me concerned. I'm about 70% sure that Diggs will be here for 2020, but the percentage is going down the more news is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Oh I agree, the Harvin situation was far worse, it just reminds me of it. Was completely confident that it was just noise coming from Harvin and such, but then we traded him. Now, with what Greenway has said about Diggs, its got me concerned. I'm about 70% sure that Diggs will be here for 2020, but the percentage is going down the more news is out there.
    Yeah I just read what Greenway said but IMO that's a bad take. Diggs and Thielen are basically best friends. I'm sure Diggs wants more targets but I highly doubt there is an issue between him and Thielen. Even if it were true, that was a stupid comment by Greenway. That's your team, why throw gas on the fire?
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Yeah I just read what Greenway said but IMO that's a bad take. Diggs and Thielen are basically best friends. I'm sure Diggs wants more targets but I highly doubt there is an issue between him and Thielen. Even if it were true, that was a stupid comment by Greenway. That's your team, why throw gas on the fire?
    That's why people like myself kinda believe it, because it was so far out of left field for Greenway to say it. I just hope your right man. I love Diggs, and It would kill me if he went anywhere else.

For some reason I seem to fall in love with a Memphis player every year before the draft. Last year it was Tony Pollard. This year, it's Antonio Gibson. He's played both WR and RB and could be a new dynamic tool for the offense to play with.

Edit: Here's a highlight video

Last edited by natelpete; 02-26-2020 at 02:17 AM.

and I often fall in love with a small school guy....often local to me, but this year it's D2 DB Kyle Dugger

gotta love 'referential' treatment

If Harris is not resigned then I will put Winfield Jr. high on my wish list. Sounds like he can play deep safety and also play nickel. 25 might be a little high for him but I would be fine trading back a few spots to get him. Most sites I see have him as an early 2nd rounder.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    and I often fall in love with a small school guy....often local to me, but this year it's D2 DB Kyle Dugger

You can tell he's by far the best player on the field. Just get worried about the small school guys because I have no idea how they'd look against better competition.

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    You can tell he's by far the best player on the field. Just get worried about the small school guys because I have no idea how they'd look against better competition.
    He didn't play football until his senior year in HS, the primary reason he wasn't more highly recruited.
    Yeah, you never know how guys from small schools will do....but I think Theilen turned out OK.
    ....only Duggers won't go undrafted, in fact may have earned his way to early day 2

He could play safety, slot....and can definitely be a dynamic returner...
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Netane Muti (G Fresno State) should be a target for the Vikings in the middle rounds. 44 reps today on bench and I read heís a good athlete. He would probably go higher if he didnít have a rough injury history.

2020 Vikings Draft:

Apparently some dude from Bleacher Report is reporting that the Vikings are doing some serious work on this years Quarterback class. Not sure what exactly that means for us but maybe Kirk won't get extended and we draft his heir apparent this year.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Iím pretty torn on who to pick at 25. If one of the top OT are there then I think we gotta jump on one but I have a feeling theyíll be gone. The corner and safety class is pretty deep in the first 2 rounds so I would be happy with trading back and taking one or waiting until our 2nd round pick. We need a DT but it seems the best value will early in the 2nd round. I want a receiver but 1st round is too rich considering our other needs. So I have to say my first choice would be to trade back a few spots. Collect more picks so we can move around on day 2 and trade up for somebody who falls.

2020 Vikings Draft:

Who do you guys like? Hurts or Herbert? Iíve watched a couple games of Hurts and I think if he gets some good coaching he can be a really good QB, I havenít watched any games of Herbert.

Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast