Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 22 of 68 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 1009
  1. #316
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,908
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    I would love for that to happen. Would set us up well this year and next year. The only thing that I would change would be Higgins instead of Jefferson.
    I like Higgins but I think Jefferson is definitely the better player. I read there are serious concerns about Higgins being just an average athlete who struggles to separate. He has plenty of highlight caliber plays for Clemson but those will be a lot harder in the NFL. I keep seeing Higgins as a 2nd round prospect.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  2. #317
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,908
    I watched a little film of Mims this morning (vs Georgia and Texas) and I wasn't that impressed. Not saying he's bad, he had some really impressive moments, but I'm not seeing the hype he's getting on Twitter. I know he tested like a freak but he didn't quite look like he had freakish abilities on the field. I'm wondering if he might be another Justin Hunter. Of the receivers I've watched I like Jefferson and Jalen Reager more.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  3. #318
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,908
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  4. #319
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,663
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I like Higgins but I think Jefferson is definitely the better player. I read there are serious concerns about Higgins being just an average athlete who struggles to separate. He has plenty of highlight caliber plays for Clemson but those will be a lot harder in the NFL. I keep seeing Higgins as a 2nd round prospect.
    I like Jefferson as well, just not as much as Higgins. If I had to rank the receivers I'd want us to get it would be:
    1 Lamb
    2 Jeudy
    3 Higgins
    4 Shenault
    5 Jefferson
    6 Ruggs.
    I believe we need more size in our WR. Adam and Bisi can both play the slot I believe, we just need that big outside threat. I think Higgins provides that. Though if we could get him in the 2nd or even Claypool, I would be thrilled, as long as we got a OL/DL or CB with our two firsts.

  5. #320
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,663
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I watched a little film of Mims this morning (vs Georgia and Texas) and I wasn't that impressed. Not saying he's bad, he had some really impressive moments, but I'm not seeing the hype he's getting on Twitter. I know he tested like a freak but he didn't quite look like he had freakish abilities on the field. I'm wondering if he might be another Justin Hunter. Of the receivers I've watched I like Jefferson and Jalen Reager more.
    Ya I want nothing to do with Mims. I like the Hunter comp. Though Reager i'm not thrilled with either, seems like a Corey Coleman to me.

  6. #321
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,908
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Ya I want nothing to do with Mims. I like the Hunter comp. Though Reager i'm not thrilled with either, seems like a Corey Coleman to me.
    When I watch Reager player I see more of Deebo Samuel. Reager needs more refinement but at least early on his career he should be a deep threat and a bit of a gadget player. Just get the ball in his hands.

    My favorite receivers for the Vikings are (in no order)

    Justin Jefferson
    Jalen Reager
    Michael Pittman
    Tee Higgins
    Donovan Peoples-Jones
    Bryan Edwards
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  7. #322
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,908
    Let's party

    22 Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    25 Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    58 Justin Madubuike IDL Texas A&M
    89 Prince Tega Wanogho OT Auburn
    105 Amik Robertson CB Louisiana Tech
    132 John Simpson IOL Clemson
    155 Tyler Johnson WR Minnesota
    201 Trevis Gipson EDGE Tulsa
    205 Jake Hanson IOL Oregon
    219 Jordan Fuller S Ohio State
    249 Joe Reed WR Virginia
    253 Levonta Taylor CB Florida State
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  8. #323
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,908
    Doogie appears to be dropping some hints that the Vikings might be looking at KJ Hamler at 58.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  9. #324
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    336
    Updated perfect mock draft. Traded down a whole bunch of times but got all the guys I wanted and filled all of our needs.

    Your score is: 38982 (GRADE: A-)

    Your Picks:
    Round 2 Pick 8 (HOU): Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU (A)
    Round 2 Pick 26: Cameron Dantzler, CB, Miss. State (A)
    Round 2 Pick 28 (BALT): Antoine Winfield Jr., FS/SS, Minnesota (A)
    Round 2 Pick 29 (TENN): Marlon Davidson, DT, Auburn (A)
    Round 3 Pick 3 (DET): Robert Hunt, OT/OG, Louisiana (A)
    Round 3 Pick 5 (CAR): Akeem Davis-Gaither, OLB, App. St. (A)
    Round 3 Pick 15 (NYJ): Michael Pittman Jr., WR, USC (A)
    Round 3 Pick 16 (L.V.): Kyle Dugger, SS/FS, Lenoir-Rhyne (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 17 (L.V.): Chase Claypool, WR/TE, Notre Dame (A)
    Round 3 Pick 25: Amik Robertson, CB, Louisiana Tech (A)
    Round 3 Pick 26 (HOU): Jabari Zuniga, DE/OLB, Florida (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 27 (L.V.): Logan Wilson, OLB/ILB, Wyoming (B+)
    Round 3 Pick 41 (COMP): Raekwon Davis, DT/DE, Alabama (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 26: Saahdiq Charles, OT/OG, LSU (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 29 (G.B.): Trevis Gipson, DE, Tulsa (A)
    Round 6 Pick 26: Jake Luton, QB, Oregon St. (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 28: Darrynton Evans, RB, App. St. (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 29 (G.B.): Antoine Brooks Jr., FS/SS, Maryland (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 5: John Reid, CB, Penn St. (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 35 (COMP): Tyre Phillips, OG, Miss. State (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 39 (COMP): Levonta Taylor, CB/FS, Florida St. (A+)

  10. #325
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,663
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    When I watch Reager player I see more of Deebo Samuel. Reager needs more refinement but at least early on his career he should be a deep threat and a bit of a gadget player. Just get the ball in his hands.

    My favorite receivers for the Vikings are (in no order)

    Justin Jefferson
    Jalen Reager
    Michael Pittman
    Tee Higgins
    Donovan Peoples-Jones
    Bryan Edwards
    Ya he does have good playmaking ability, I'm just not huge on the undersized gadget guy, if we would go that route, I would much rather have Shenault. Though his injuries are a concern.
    Trade out Reager for Shenault, and I would be happy with any of those guys within the first two rounds.
    My dream scenario would be OL/WR in the first round, doesn't matter which order and CB or S in the 2nd. Although, my favorite would be to get Eason, Love or possibly Herbert if he slides.

  11. #326
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Memphis,TN
    Posts
    12,520
    Dear God

    Thank you for not letting Bill O Brien in the Vikings organazation. Amen


    V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

  12. #327
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,467
    It's so quiet right now with everything going on. In the past we would be hawks watching twitter to see which guys the Vikings were flying in this week for 1 on 1 dinners and visits.

    I honestly have no idea what the Vikings might do or who they even like. I have seen some lists of previous combine meetings and virtual stuff but it's 20 players shorter than in the past.

    I do feel that there is less than a 5% chance the Vikings take a WR in the first two rounds. I could potentially see a trade for a WR during the draft and a couple WR taken between end of Round 3-Round 5. One guy I could see us throwing a 5th or 6th rounder at is Jerffrey from the Eagles. I know he is on the back end of his Prime but he wants out of Philly and if they can make the $s make sense he could be a decent gap filler. Philly is projected to take a WR at pick 21 so as soon as they do I could see Rick giving them a ring since he has gone after Jeffrey at every opportunity since he came out of SC.

    I feel like Rick is going to be aggressive and move around but at the same time I feel like they can afford to go BPA at 22 & 25 and move up in Rd 2 as needed.

  13. #328
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,908
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    It's so quiet right now with everything going on. In the past we would be hawks watching twitter to see which guys the Vikings were flying in this week for 1 on 1 dinners and visits.

    I honestly have no idea what the Vikings might do or who they even like. I have seen some lists of previous combine meetings and virtual stuff but it's 20 players shorter than in the past.

    I do feel that there is less than a 5% chance the Vikings take a WR in the first two rounds. I could potentially see a trade for a WR during the draft and a couple WR taken between end of Round 3-Round 5. One guy I could see us throwing a 5th or 6th rounder at is Jerffrey from the Eagles. I know he is on the back end of his Prime but he wants out of Philly and if they can make the $s make sense he could be a decent gap filler. Philly is projected to take a WR at pick 21 so as soon as they do I could see Rick giving them a ring since he has gone after Jeffrey at every opportunity since he came out of SC.

    I feel like Rick is going to be aggressive and move around but at the same time I feel like they can afford to go BPA at 22 & 25 and move up in Rd 2 as needed.
    I definitely think Trader Rick is going to show up big time this year. If any of the top tier talent starts to fall towards 22 then I think Rick should trade up to get their guy. We can always recoup some picks in a trade up by trading back from 25. It looks to me like blue chip prospects start to fade away in the mid to late teens. I think we should strongly consider a trade up into that area. IMO the caliber of player we could get at 25 isn't that much different than 58. So trade up into the teens and then trade back from 25. You get the best of both worlds by acquiring a blue chip prospect and having multiple picks where the best value is.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  14. #329
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    11,146
    Beyond Kinlaw and Jeudy, who would you be willing to trade up for?
    And how far (in other words how much draft capital would you give up) would you be willing to trade up?

    We lost a lot of people...we may need all the picks we can get vs giving some up to fill 1 hole...but a true stud would certainly be a good get, I just don't trust Rick in the first round!
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  15. #330
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,908
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Beyond Kinlaw and Jeudy, who would you be willing to trade up for?
    And how far (in other words how much draft capital would you give up) would you be willing to trade up?

    We lost a lot of people...we may need all the picks we can get vs giving some up to fill 1 hole...but a true stud would certainly be a good get, I just don't trust Rick in the first round!
    I would trade up for:

    Javon Kinlaw
    Jerry Jeudy
    Ceedee Lamb
    Jedrick Wills
    Andrew Thomas
    C.J. Henderson
    Henry Ruggs
    Tristan Wirfs

    Those guys sound like they'll be getting picked in the 9-17 range. To get into the mid teens, it'll probably take our 3rd round pick (89) plus the 5th we got from the Bills (155). Might take our 4th (132) instead of the 5th but regardless I would pull the trigger on that deal to get one of the best prospects. That leaves us with 10 picks. Rick can always recoup a few picks by trading back from 25.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Page 22 of 68 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •