Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    He posted that on Twitter and nobody believes he actually ran that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So apparently his 4.37 was hand timed which they said has an error correction of like .2 so it would put him still around the 4.6 range. Honestly I don't care because his tape sure in hell does not show that.

All I know is Gladney and Dantzler are gonna fight and be a breath of fresh air. Hopefully no more off ten yard crap on short distance downs. I could see our defense being really aggressive in our scheme this year.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    So apparently his 4.37 was hand timed which they said has an error correction of like .2 so it would put him still around the 4.6 range. Honestly I don't care because his tape sure in hell does not show that.

All I know is Gladney and Dantzler are gonna fight and be a breath of fresh air. Hopefully no more off ten yard crap on short distance downs. I could see our defense being really aggressive in our scheme this year.
    Yeah... Iím sure it wasnít a legit time. But his game film looks good. One TD allowed over the past 2 seasons in the SEC

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post

Yeah I agree his tape he doesn't look like that slow. I take his combine and pro day and try to average it out a bit. I'll guess his speed is around 4.55ish.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Iíve been reading up on Quartney Davis and damn! How have I never heard of this guy? It sounds like he is a guy that should make an immediate impact and can with WR3.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Iíve been reading up on Quartney Davis and damn! How have I never heard of this guy? It sounds like he is a guy that should make an immediate impact and can with WR3.
    He is an odd one. Sounds like we met with him virtually before the draft and then outbid other teams for him in UDFA. I can't make sense of how we didn't just draft him with one of our 7th rounders to ensure we got him.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    He is an odd one. Sounds like we met with him virtually before the draft and then outbid other teams for him in UDFA. I can't make sense of how we didn't just draft him with one of our 7th rounders to ensure we got him.
    My thoughts exactly. If we liked him that much why didn't we just draft him with one of our bazillion 7th rounders lol. I'm confused on that part.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Hahahahahaha haha

we actually paid 110k for another UDFA, 100k to Quartney

maybe we just need a bazillion and one?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Did Rick have two huge dips in or whatís up with his mouth? Listening to his interviews drove me nuts because of it

Chad Graff reported the Vikings had a deal in place with the Broncos to trade up for Gallimore but the Cowboys took him the pick before.

2020 Vikings Draft:

I got around to watching a lot of tape on our picks.

My opinion on our first two days is pretty much the same. Love Jefferson and trading back while still landing gladney. Really like Cleveland/oline in the 2nd. Dantzler seems solid and while I am disappointed in how we used some draft capital this was a solid trade back.

Day 3 was more mixed though as a lot of what I read about individual guys wasn't quite as good as the tape. I think we did a little better than I initially thought on day 3 even if I still would have done things different the key is it looks like the talent may have been a little underrated.

Still not quite an A grade to me but I was a bit harsh on day 3 due to what I read initially.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I got around to watching a lot of tape on our picks.

My opinion on our first two days is pretty much the same. Love Jefferson and trading back while still landing gladney. Really like Cleveland/oline in the 2nd. Dantzler seems solid and while I am disappointed in how we used some draft capital this was a solid trade back.

Day 3 was more mixed though as a lot of what I read about individual guys wasn't quite as good as the tape. I think we did a little better than I initially thought on day 3 even if I still would have done things different the key is it looks like the talent may have been a little underrated.

Still not quite an A grade to me but I was a bit harsh on day 3 due to what I read initially.

Glad to see you're coming around a bit on the day 3 picks

Most of my negativity towards our draft was that we didn't find a way to get Gallimore in the 3rd but after I read that we had a deal in place with the Broncos to go get him I felt better. Dallas just snipped us. I would have been happier getting Gallimore and Robertson instead of Dantzler and Lynch but I'm happy overall.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Glad to see you're coming around a bit on the day 3 picks

Most of my negativity towards our draft was that we didn't find a way to get Gallimore in the 3rd but after I read that we had a deal in place with the Broncos to go get him I felt better. Dallas just snipped us. I would have been happier getting Gallimore and Robertson instead of Dantzler and Lynch but I'm happy overall.
    Ya that is another name I would have wanted along with like Tyler B the G from Wisco we had talked about (or just attacking oline more in mid rounds in general). My frustration was never actually wanting different players for the first couple days or anything just that I feel we continually have the same weakness on offense and have chances to at least try to address it in the middle, to then read some disappointing reviews after trading back/out on some had me heated (I literally must have read like each ones worst analysis almost lol). Now that I have watched them play and see some of the positives with those dlineman and so on I guess I can't be too mad/some of what I read I now disagree with.

Basically I still disagree with not being more aggressive in the middle of the draft which is why it is not an A to me/could have been better. It still should be like B+ or better probably though because they did get a lot of talent which is what most of the evaluation is about.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 05-16-2020 at 10:45 PM.

I haven't even looked into really anyone since the draft. I've been leaving it up to the Twitter folks and you guys lol. I'm sure once we get closer I'll start to dig in a little more. Really the main concern I have is the potential that some of these rookies who we may be counting on a bit more this year are going to be behind due to lack of off season crap.

Overall I am excited about the guys we got though. Some guys I think can contribute right away, like Cleveland, Dantzler and Gladney. I'm a little hesitant on Jefferson, even though I think he is a great talent. It just seems we'd be asking a lot for a WR to come in and replace Diggs production. I am really excited to see what we can get with Irv though.

Jefferson doesn't need to immediately replace Diggs' production.....but if his production plus the increase in Irv Smith's production is somewhere near it, it's a huge win
    gotta love 'referential' treatment