Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 68 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Are you quoting anyone specific here?

Tyler Johnson has similar numbers to Ceedee Lamb the last couple years, was 7th in rec yds/tds last year and isn't expected to go in the first few rounds as far as I am aware.

People probably want him because he is a later round pick they have watched often with talent (he will have physical limitations at the next level though, I would agree). I haven't seen anyone saying he is so great and we need him/should take him in early rounds though.
    Not quoting anyone here at all. Iím from Minnesota and everyone I know that are Gopher fans are slobbering over him and he really isnít that great.

Lamb was up against a lot better competition. Johnson didnít do much against good competition. He is sixth round talent at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Not quoting anyone here at all. Iím from Minnesota and everyone I know that are Gopher fans are slobbering over him and he really isnít that great.

Lamb was up against a lot better competition. Johnson didnít do much against good competition. He is sixth round talent at best.
    It seems like you are much more worked up about him than anyone else is why I asked. I don't see people slobbering over him, I see you looking to downgrade someone largely not talked about. You can think he is a 6th at best but there are plenty of non MN people/scouts/writers mocking him higher.

I am not saying he is as good as Lamb or should be taken that high, I just pointed out his statistics in a lesser offense/system compared to one of the top WR recruits.

I am also from MN and haven't had that happening a lot, he is rarely even mentioned when discussing the overall draft for Vikes. Maybe you are just hanging out with some of his fanboys or maybe you are set on him being a 6th or worse when there are many opinions different that don't necessarily mean people are slobbering.

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/post...s-01e6bx44djg1
    Here is something outlining predictions of where he go and every single one of them is AT LEAST 6th round if not higher. Maybe you just rate him lower than most more than other fans slober on him?

Sporting News
    Vinnie Iyer, of Sporting News, projects Johnson to go to the Cleveland Browns with the No. 74 overall pick in the third round.

CBS Sports
    Ryan Wilson, of CBS Sports, has the Jacksonville Jaguars taking Johnson with the No. 116 overall selection in the fourth round.

Sports Illustrated
    Similar to Wilson, Kevin Hanson, of Sports Illustrated, expects Johnson to land with the Jacksonville Jaguars. However, he thinks the Jags will wait until the No. 140 overall pick in the fourth round to pull the trigger on Johnson.

Luke Easterling, of USA Today's Draftwire, has Johnson going to the Carolina Panthers in the early fifth round at No. 152 overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post

I agree Johnson is getting over hyped by Gopher fans but the bold part is a dumb statement. He played his best against good competition:

2017:
    vs Michigan State 8 catches 106 yards 3 TDs

2018:
    at Ohio State 8 catches 119 yards
    vs Iowa 6 catches 107 yards 1 TD
    vs Georgia Tech 4 catches 57 yards 2 TDs

2019:
    vs Penn State 7 catches 104 yards 1 TD
    at Iowa 9 catches 170 yards 1 TD
    vs Wisconsin 8 catches 89 yards 1 TD
    vs Auburn 12 catches 204 yards 2 TDs

This draft is loaded with receivers so he probably doesn't go until probably the 4th round but he's a pretty solid player.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Hypothetically, if we had the #1 pick from a previous trade with CIN, what do we do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruggs III is a combo of Percy Harvin and David Palmer.

I'd take Chase Young.

Quote Originally Posted by chnkybut1 View Post
    I'd take Chase Young.
    Me, too...unless there was a great trade-back offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    Hypothetically, if we had the #1 pick from a previous trade with CIN, what do we do?

As much as Chase Young and Danielle Hunter sounds amazing, I think you'd have to trade it. Someone would be willing to be a kings ransom for the ability to draft Joe Burrow imo.
    Or offer to swap picks w Washington and see what else they'd give. Then they either take Burrow and we still get Young, or they take Young so we can't, then we can trade their pick to someone who wants Burrow.

My final Perfect Mock Draft. I like all of these prospects and I hope we get them. If only Spielman trades back to get multiple 2nd round picks so we can make this happen.

Your score is: 40158 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:

Round 2 Pick 5 (LAC): Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU
    - Heíll be our speed guy right away. We need a speedy receiver to make safeties back up and open up room for Dalvin. Plus heíll be our Punt Returner right away, now that Sherels is gone (thank god). He reminds me of Percy Harvin.

Round 2 Pick 7 (MIA): Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia
    - Heís a beast and my new favorite CB in the class. He dominates most receivers and pushes them off their routes with his long arms. Perfect Zimmer type of corner and had over 20 pass break ups last year! Had an injury derailed senior year thatís why heís fallen to the 2nd round. I think heís a 2nd round steal with early starting potential.

Round 2 Pick 27 (SEA): Antoine Winfield Jr., FS/SS, Minnesota
    - Donít have to say much here, heís a talented football player and can step into that Jayron Kearse Safety/ Nickel role right away.

Round 2 Pick 28 (BALT): Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio St.
    - Double dipped on corners because Zimmer said, ďYou could never have too many cornersĒ. The third tier of corners in this class arenít that good, so we have to address the position early. Getting 2 of the top 10 corners would be huge after losing 3 of our guys from last season.

Round 2 Pick 30 (G.B.): Marlon Davidson, DT, Auburn
    - Talented 3 technique who would battle Watts for that starting DT position next to Pierce. My favorite 3-tech in the draft.

Round 2 Pick 31 (K.C.): Robert Hunt, OT/OG, Louisiana
    - One of the best linemen in the draft and IMO the most NFL ready. Heís 24 so he should start right away at LG. He would be a big upgrade from Elflein.

Round 3 Pick 6 (MIA): Jonathan Greenard, DE, Florida
    - Heís a sack artist and reminds me a little of Danielle Hunter. Heís just not as fast. But his measurables are similar. 35Ē arms. Heíll be a nice back-up for Hunter and should get many early reps now that Griffen and Weatherly are both gone.

Round 3 Pick 7 (LAC): Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame
    - He fell a little bit here so I had to take him. He is the successor to Rudolph and plays a similar style. Heís a great blocker, route runner and heís very hard to tackle. Usually takes 2-3 people to bring him down. My favorite part of his game is that he makes contested catches and holds onto the ball while taking big hits in the middle.

Round 3 Pick 11 (IND): Michael Pittman Jr., WR, USC
    - With Thielen, Johnson, Sharpe and Reagor being mostly slot guys, we need a true outside receiver and Pittman Jr is one of the best in the draft. Solid route runner, great size and great hands. He could be the number 2 guy right away if he outperforms Bisi Johnson.

Round 3 Pick 25: Willie Gay Jr., OLB, Miss. State
    - One is the fastest and most explosive OLBs in the draft. Heís falling down draft boards because of off-field issues but I donít think we should overlook talent because of these issues. Heís the best cover LB in the draft and we can really use his abilities in nickel sets.

Round 3 Pick 28 (BALT): J.R. Reed, FS/SS, Georgia
    - We lost 2 safeties from last year so we need multiple guys in this draft. Reed is the most underrated safety in my opinion and he has great size and awareness. He will be an early contributor just like Winfield Jr. and can play well both in the box and in coverage.

Round 3 Pick 41 (COMP): Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia
    - What better way to back-up Kirk Cousins than with Kirk Cousins II. Iím not comfortable with Sean Mannion as the back-up and I think we need Fromm to be the guy in case Cousins gets hurt.

Round 4 Pick 26: Saahdiq Charles, OT/OG, LSU
    - Future starting LT. If we keep Reiff or sign Jason Peters and cut Reiff. Saahdiq Charles would be the guy that red-shirts a few years and takes over once those older guys are gone. He was really good for LSU but again, some character issues has him falling to the 4th round.

Round 5 Pick 21: Jonathan Garvin, DE, Miami (Fla.)
    - Strong DE who would be a great back-up for Odenigbo, who should be the starter now that Griffen is gone. Garvin and Odenigbo are very similar so I think they will have that strong-side DE position on lock for the next few years.

Round 6 Pick 26: Trevis Gipson, DE, Tulsa
    - Developmental pick here. I donít see him contributing early but if we red-shirt him and he improves, he could be next up in our pass rushing stable.

Round 6 Pick 28: John Reid, CB, Penn St.
    - Solid slot CB who can contribute early. We lost 3 corners, so we draft 3 corners. Zimmer would be proud.

Round 7 Pick 5: Justin Strnad, OLB, Wake Forest
    - Another developmental pick. I think heís got great potential and can be a solid back-up or starter in a few years once he adds weight and gets stronger. Potential Anthony Barr replacement down the line.

Overall I love this draft class and I hope we get as many players as we can. This would be my ideal scenario where we end up with 17 picks. I hope Speilman can work his draft magic and pull this off.
    Last edited by PurplePride323; 04-23-2020 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post

Damn...the obvious would be to trade back but let's say we can't do that. I would take a QB and it would be the guy you think has the highest ceiling. So if it were me I would draft Tua. Burrow on this current team would be in strong consideration but I'm still not sure he can carry a team if needed.

Draft day is here and I'm going to make some bold predictions.

4 QB's will go within top 12 picks.
    Jordan Love will be this years Daniel Jones
    1 RB will go in the first
    1 guy the Vikings like will start to slide, they will trade up and get him

Man what a night... We could make 2 picks, 3 picks, no picks, move up or down who knows!!!!!

I read something yesterday that I had not considered really at all was that we may start to transition some of the defense, if not selective packages from a 4-3 to 3-4 scheme.

Does that put a heavier emphasis on DE/OLB in the draft or does that shift Barr to a new more natural position.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Draft day is here and I'm going to make some bold predictions.

4 QB's will go within top 12 picks.
    Jordan Love will be this years Daniel Jones
    1 RB will go in the first
    Javon Kinlaw will start to slide, they will trade up and get him
    I corrected your post for you.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

It's finally here boys! This is about to be the most watched thing in history.

How'd I do? I've only ever heard of Chaisson, Moss and Tyler Johnson lol

Page 31 of 68 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast