Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride323 View Post
    One of my favorite players in the draft. He reminds me a lot of Tyrann Mathieu. Heís undersized but heís a great tackler, like his dad. He also plays better in the box in my opinion. Gets to the ball carrier faster than anyone else on the team and he has a knack for creating turnovers. We definitely need this guy. Once heís ready to start I could see him taking over Harrisí spot.
    I think he could be a day 1 guy and play in the slot.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

That question has been asked a few times if we were to resign Harris would Winfield be off the table. One we need depth but two he could step in and play slot. Hell you could have that 3 safety set where Harrison can come down and play in the box like he does so often.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    That question has been asked a few times if we were to resign Harris would Winfield be off the table. One we need depth but two he could step in and play slot. Hell you could have that 3 safety set where Harrison can come down and play in the box like he does so often.
    Mack played missed 3 games last year and still played 48% of the snaps. If Winfield can quickly learn to play in the slot he could easily push for 50% of the snaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Im officially sold on Ezra Cleveland at 22 or 25. So much about him makes sense for us. This isnít a reach either.

The redskins beat writer (John Keim) apparently said the Vikings are the team to watch for Trent Williams

2020 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    The redskins beat writer (John Keim) apparently said the Vikings are the team to watch for Trent Williams

I'm not sure how we can accomplish that with us presumably getting Harris? Even if we cut Reiff, Williams still wants a new deal and he will cost a helluva lot more than Reiff. And truth be told, I'm not entirely sold on Williams and what we would have to give up to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    I'm not sure how we can accomplish that with us presumably getting Harris? Even if we cut Reiff, Williams still wants a new deal and he will cost a helluva lot more than Reiff. And truth be told, I'm not entirely sold on Williams and what we would have to give up to get him.
    We can fit Trent Williams and Anthony Harris under the cap. Right now we have 12.3 million in cap space according to spotrac. We'll need about 4-4.5 million to sign our draft class so that number is more like 7.5ish. Trading/cutting Reiff bumps that number up over 16 million. If Harris does sign an extension I would assume his cap hit in 2020 would be lower than the current number. Trent Williams current deal has a 14.5 million cap hit so we would be able to fit him in this year but only have about 1-1.5 million left in space. Again that could increase potentially with an Anthony Harris extension. Plus whatever draft pick(s) we trade means we'll save some money too (probably like 750-850k).

There are reports out there that the Redskins want some sort of compensation package that is equal in worth to a 2nd round pick. I doubt they get anything like that considering they have no leverage. Personally, I would be willing to trade them Reiff and our comp 3rd round pick. If they don't want Reiff then maybe 89 and 155. Whatever combination it is, I'm cool with trading Reiff and any of our picks in the 3rd round and beyond. Acquiring Williams would go a long ways toward helping this team compete and gives us more flexibility with our draft picks. We could do something like:

22: Jeff Gladney CB
    25: Cesar Ruiz G
    Then trade up in the 2nd round for a receiver like Reager, who PA mentioned the Vikings like.

If we pull off something like this then our OL could be really really good:

LT: Trent Williams
    LG: Cesar Ruiz
    C: Garrett Bradbury
    RG: Pat Elflein/Dru Samia (maybe even bring back Kline)
    RT: Brian O'Neill
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 04-18-2020 at 09:17 PM.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Im officially sold on Ezra Cleveland at 22 or 25. So much about him makes sense for us. This isnít a reach either.
    I'd trade up in the second for him but no way I want to take him in the first. Not that I do a ton of work on o-linemen, but I'd say there are 6-8 guys I have ahead of him.

The one guy I've decided I really want at 22 or 25 is Gladney.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    We can fit Trent Williams and Anthony Harris under the cap. Right now we have 12.3 million in cap space according to spotrac. We'll need about 4-4.5 million to sign our draft class so that number is more like 7.5ish. Trading/cutting Reiff bumps that number up over 16 million. If Harris does sign an extension I would assume his cap hit in 2020 would be lower than the current number. Trent Williams current deal has a 14.5 million cap hit so we would be able to fit him in this year but only have about 1-1.5 million left in space. Again that could increase potentially with an Anthony Harris extension. Plus whatever draft pick(s) we trade means we'll save some money too (probably like 750-850k).

There are reports out there that the Redskins want some sort of compensation package that is equal in worth to a 2nd round pick. I doubt they get anything like that considering they have no leverage. Personally, I would be willing to trade them Reiff and our comp 3rd round pick. If they don't want Reiff then maybe 89 and 155. Whatever combination it is, I'm cool with trading Reiff and any of our picks in the 3rd round and beyond. Acquiring Williams would go a long ways toward helping this team compete and gives us more flexibility with our draft picks. We could do something like:

22: Jeff Gladney CB
    25: Cesar Ruiz G
    Then trade up in the 2nd round for a receiver like Reager, who PA mentioned the Vikings like.

If we pull off something like this then our OL could be really really good:

LT: Trent Williams
    LG: Cesar Ruiz
    C: Garrett Bradbury
    RG: Pat Elflein/Dru Samia (maybe even bring back Kline)
    RT: Brian O'Neill
    IF they can pull off a trade for Williams does that mean Cook is officially on the block?
    If rumors are true and they resign Harris and trade for Williams where do they recoup any cap to resign cook? Even if they cut Reiff...Won't they still be tight up against the cap?

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    IF they can pull off a trade for Williams does that mean Cook is officially on the block?
    If rumors are true and they resign Harris and trade for Williams where do they recoup any cap to resign cook? Even if they cut Reiff...Won't they still be tight up against the cap?
    Dalvin isn't a FA until next spring, so a new deal isn't mandatory now.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    My guess is they'll wait until next year to give Cook an extension. Cook wants paid but his injury history will hurt his leverage. With the cap going up next year the Vikings can more easily afford him.

Trading for Williams will leave the Vikings with only a few million bucks so yeah they won't have much to work with but extending Harris likely lowers his 2020 cap hit and frees up more cap. I doubt the Vikings do much spending after the draft. Maybe a few vet minimum deals and they'll have enough cash for that.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

the more I read, the more teams ahead of us it appears may quite likely go WR in the 1st.......meaning w/o trading up, Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Jefferson, and Higgins may all be gone by 22...maybe more

if so, it'd be hard to predict how quickly the next WRs start falling....and which the Vikings might believe are worthy of 22 or 25........personally I've softened on Mims a bit while liking Aiyuk more, but certainly not in the 1st
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

As I've admitted before, I know verrrry little about college ball. Don't pay much attention to it and usually after about the 10th overall pick I've only heard of a small handful of guys.
    That being said I can not wait to watch the draft! A live sporting event AND the chance it gets all jacked up bc someone's home wifi messes up lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    the more I read, the more teams ahead of us it appears may quite likely go WR in the 1st.......meaning w/o trading up, Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Jefferson, and Higgins may all be gone by 22...maybe more

if so, it'd be hard to predict how quickly the next WRs start falling....and which the Vikings might believe are worthy of 22 or 25........personally I've softened on Mims a bit while liking Aiyuk more, but certainly not in the 1st
    I used to really want a WR in round one, but the more I think about it, the more I want a CB and o-line in the first.

Really hoping we can land either Henderson or (more likely) Gladney at 22 then trade back a few spots and pick either Jones or Ruiz. Or take Becton at 22 if he falls. If one of those top WRs fall, I'd be all over it, but like you said, probably won't happen. Really hope GB doesn't pick up Mims.

2020 Vikings Draft: