Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast

Minnesota Vikings 2020 Draft Thread

The Vikings own the 25th pick in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    The Vikings own the 25th pick in the draft.
    OL
    DL
    CB
    WR
    QB
    In that order.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    OL
    DL
    CB
    WR
    QB
    In that order.
    Itís a good thing free agency is before the draft.

Trevon Diggs and Winfield JR!

OL
    DL
    CB
    WR
    QB
    In that order.
    I would say those top 3 will for sure be the pick. Vikes like Samia and Udoh but I personally want to go after Brandon Scherff because he is from Iowa and he's good. Means we'll have to cut another Iowa guy though in Reiff. Udoh did hold his own against Mack in that last game FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    I would say those top 3 will for sure be the pick. Vikes like Samia and Udoh but I personally want to go after Brandon Scherff because he is from Iowa and he's good. Means we'll have to cut another Iowa guy though in Reiff. Udoh did hold his own against Mack in that last game FWIW.
    I'd love to get Scherff as well, but how do we with our cap situation? And that depends on Scherff becoming a free agent. Jack Conklin is a guy I'd want too.

If we could land Scherff then oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    If we could land Scherff then oh my!
    Think I'd rather pay a veteran o-lineman like Scherff in FA than pay Harris. If we somehow land him, we'd probably have to get a safety with one of our first two picks.

1. Kinlaw
    2. Winfield Jr

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Think I'd rather pay a veteran o-lineman like Scherff in FA than pay Harris. If we somehow land him, we'd probably have to get a safety with one of our first two picks.

1. Kinlaw
    2. Winfield Jr
    Say what

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

1. Kinlaw
    2. Winfield Jr
    Ya I'd much rather have Scherff than Harris. Having a strong Oline would help all of our team, not just the offense.
    I'd like Winfield Jr as well. Perfect slot/safety hybrid type to me.

1. Kinlaw
    2. Winfield Jr
    I absolutely agree. I love Harris and dude is ****ing really good but his value isn't there in terms of what will make this team better. OL & DL...3T and OG are what we need. Possibly NT.

I'd love to get Scherff as well, but how do we with our cap situation? And that depends on Scherff becoming a free agent. Jack Conklin is a guy I'd want too.
    Oh man Conklin would be ****ing outstanding but I still feel LG is a bigger need. So I would target Scherff first.

There are gonna be some surprise moves. Griffen is gonna be gone...sucks because he is still good but we got young cheaper options. Linval probably gone, Reiff probably gone. Rhodes probably gone. Stephen probably gone.

You release those 5 guys you save $42 million in cap and now have $37 million in cap space. A few of those I could see getting a restructure, like maybe Reiff. I think Reiff would look better with a better LG beside him.

Then you talk about extending Kirk...can Kirk lead us. I'm not sure he can to be honest. I wouldn't do it.

I absolutely agree. I love Harris and dude is ****ing really good but his value isn't there in terms of what will make this team better. OL & DL...3T and OG are what we need. Possibly NT.
    Completely disagree. LG is a fairly insignificant position. Safeties like Harris are rare and true game changers. I know everybody hates Elflein because he struggles in pass pro but he's not that bad of a guard. Scherff would be an awesome addition but not at the expense of Harris. We're better off drafting a guard to compete and eventually replace Elflein.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Completely disagree. LG is a fairly insignificant position. Safeties like Harris are rare and true game changers. I know everybody hates Elflein because he struggles in pass pro but he's not that bad of a guard. Scherff would be an awesome addition but not at the expense of Harris. We're better off drafting a guard to compete and eventually replace Elflein.
    In 5 of our losses this year it was mainly a result because of our interior line getting destroyed. I agree that Harris is a guy you don't want to let go but you resign Harris and leave LG as is it does not improve our team one bit. We could resign Harris and sign Scherff but we'd have to let both Waynes and Alexander go. I don't know, it's a tricky offseason thats for sure.

In 5 of our losses this year it was mainly a result because of our interior line getting destroyed. I agree that Harris is a guy you don't want to let go but you resign Harris and leave LG as is it does not improve our team one bit. We could resign Harris and sign Scherff but we'd have to let both Waynes and Alexander go. I don't know, it's a tricky offseason thats for sure.
    You can still improve the OL without spending a ton of money. The FA market is thin but Osemele is out there. The draft is supposed to be strong along the OL. Safety is a premium position and we can't let a star walk out the door.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    You can still improve the OL without spending a ton of money. The FA market is thin but Osemele is out there. The draft is supposed to be strong along the OL. Safety is a premium position and we can't let a star walk out the door.
    IDK I hate to overspend for FA OL but then I like drafting but it takes time for those guys. I guess if we feel our window is still there with Kirk then you overpay for that OL. I think this offseason will tell us a lot on whether they like Kirk because he'll either get the extension or not.

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast