Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Why do i feel we are in a position of drafting a cb in the 1st, again?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Why do i feel we are in a position of drafting a cb in the 1st, again?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Not necessarily in the first but for sure the first 3 rounds we will likely need to make that grab. Depends on if we let 2 of our CB's go in FA and cut another. We'll go from deep to pretty thin and inexperienced real quick. My preference would be to cut Rhodes and bring back Waynes on a cheaper deal. Go with Waynes, Hughes, Hill, Boyd, draft pick.

Since it's a deep WR draft and one of either Thielen or Diggs goes down for an extended period of time every year, wouldn't mind looking at a WR the middle rounds. Bryan Edwards from South Carolina is an interesting option if we go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Not necessarily in the first but for sure the first 3 rounds we will likely need to make that grab. Depends on if we let 2 of our CB's go in FA and cut another. We'll go from deep to pretty thin and inexperienced real quick. My preference would be to cut Rhodes and bring back Waynes on a cheaper deal. Go with Waynes, Hughes, Hill, Boyd, draft pick.
    I'd prefer to keep Mac myself....but possibly Waynes as well depending what these guys think their market is.

...but an issue with Mac is that Hughes is probably better suited in the slot, too....and we don't know how much we can count on Hill. Obviously, how many of those guys we keep directly impacts how high in the draft we may go CB.....Xavien Howard is a possible FA, so is Chris Harris...Byron Jones may/may not be available same with Kendall Fuller....but there again, depends on salary expectations
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

A few names I've seen could be available for the Vikings pick that I'm interested in:

Javon Kinlaw DT South Carolina
    Yetur Gross-Matos DE Penn State
    CJ Henderson CB Florida
    Trevon Diggs CB Alabama
    Kristian Fulton CB LSU
    K'Lavon Chaisson DE LSU
    Mekhi Becton OT Louisville
    Laviska Shenault Jr. WR Colorado
    Henry Ruggs III WR Alabama
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

I would be happy with any of those names. I know DE isn't a huge need but I don't see how we pass up AJ if he's still on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikes_Fan04 View Post
    I would be happy with any of those names. I know DE isn't a huge need but I don't see how we pass up AJ if he's still on the board.
    I doubt he makes it that far. Most of the guys I posted probably wonít be available at 25 either but itís early.

If Griffen pots out or is cut then DE will be pretty high on the list. Griffen cooled off down the stretch and outside of Odenigbo nobody on this roster was a serious pass rush threat. IMO weíve been needing some youth along the DL for a few years now. I really think we need to get a pass rusher in one of the first 2-3 rounds, whether itís a 3T or an edge rusher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :

Cut/Trade: Joseph (Stephen is really more of a NT), Rhodes (Hill is a better player), Rieff (O'Neill moves to LT), Griffen (Would have to take a significant discount to come back)

Focus on resigning: Harris, Waynes (Hughes is strictly a slot CB, same is probably true for Boyd)

Focus Free Agency on WR (i.e. Randall Cobb, Travis Benjamin, or Devin Funchess) and 3-T DT (i.e. Jarran Reed, Maliek Collins, or Timmy Jernigan) and RT depth (i.e. Jordan Mills, LaAdrian Waddle, or Donald Penn)

25: R1P25 EDGE K'LAVON CHAISSON LSU (Pass rush = coverage, I think we could trade back into the top of the 2nd round and get him)

58: R2P26 CB JAYLON JOHNSON UTAH (Depth at outside CB, competes with Hill)

89: R3P25 G SOLOMON KINDLEY GEORGIA (The solution at LG)

129: R4P26 DL RASHARD LAWRENCE LSU (Future at NT)

138: R4P35 OT YASIR DURANT MISSOURI (RT competition with Udoh, Collins, and Free agent RT)

205: R6P26 CB NOAH IGBINOGHENE AUBURN (slot CB depth, return guy)

219: R7P5 WR JAUAN JENNINGS TENNESSEE (Very underrated playmaking WR due to bad QB play)

239: R7P25 EDGE CARTER COUGHLIN MINNESOTA (DE depth - probably replaces Weatherly, who will be too expensive to keep)

253: R7P39 DL BENITO JONES MISSISSIPPI (NT depth with upside)

254: R7P40 WR JOE REED VIRGINIA (Speed/slot WR, dangerous return guy)
    Last edited by RPH2013; 01-21-2020 at 04:11 PM. Reason: n/a

A couple other mid-round receivers that I'm starting to like a lot are James Proche and Damonte Coxie.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    A few names I've seen could be available for the Vikings pick that I'm interested in:

Javon Kinlaw DT South Carolina
    Yetur Gross-Matos DE Penn State
    CJ Henderson CB Florida
    Trevon Diggs CB Alabama
    Kristian Fulton CB LSU
    K'Lavon Chaisson DE LSU
    Mekhi Becton OT Louisville
    Laviska Shenault Jr. WR Colorado
    Henry Ruggs III WR Alabama
    I really think we need to get a DT or o-lineman in the first round, but if a game breaker like Ruggs is available at 25, that would be hard to pass up. I know people compare Shenault with Julio Jones, but I don't really see that comparison.

Don't know much about the CBs yet, but I should probably look into it. So far, Kinlaw is the guy I want if he's there.

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    I really think we need to get a DT or o-lineman in the first round, but if a game breaker like Ruggs is available at 25, that would be hard to pass up. I know people compare Shenault with Julio Jones, but I don't really see that comparison.

Don't know much about the CBs yet, but I should probably look into it. So far, Kinlaw is the guy I want if he's there.
    Seems to me that the first round corners are high risk high reward. Henderson is probably my favorite right now but Diggs seems like the most toolsy prospect. Thereís good depth at DT and CB so we could start either way. Gladney from TCH, Johnson from Utah, and Hall from Virginia are a few corners who could be there in the 2nd round.

Iím with you on Kinlaw. I only watched his tape against Bama but man can he be disruptive. Saw a 1v1 of him during the senior bowl practice and he made a guard look like a fool. Iím seeing more and more draft guys putting him in their top 15. Might have been Brugler who said he could push Derrick Brown for the top DT. If we want Kinlaw weíll probably have to trade up.

2019 Vikings Draft :

Seems to me that the first round corners are high risk high reward. Henderson is probably my favorite right now but Diggs seems like the most toolsy prospect. Thereís good depth at DT and CB so we could start either way. Gladney from TCH, Johnson from Utah, and Hall from Virginia are a few corners who could be there in the 2nd round.

Iím with you on Kinlaw. I only watched his tape against Bama but man can he be disruptive. Saw a 1v1 of him during the senior bowl practice and he made a guard look like a fool. Iím seeing more and more draft guys putting him in their top 15. Might have been Brugler who said he could push Derrick Brown for the top DT. If we want Kinlaw weíll probably have to trade up.

Yeah, watching his highlights I had no idea why he was projected to go below 20. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes early. I think he would be the perfect fit though.

Read Jordan Love is having a good Senior Bowl. Heís the QB from Utah State. Fits the mold on an athletic QB with a strong arm. Iíll be eager to see what the Vikings do if heís on the board.

2019 Vikings Draft :

Read Jordan Love is having a good Senior Bowl. Heís the QB from Utah State. Fits the mold on an athletic QB with a strong arm. Iíll be eager to see what the Vikings do if heís on the board.

I know it's unlikely, but I'd be really curious to see what the Vikings would do if one of the top QBs drops. Like if Herbert is there at 25 for some reason, you have to take him, right?

He'll for sure be there when we pick. He'll probably be there in the 3rd or 4th when we pick. He may be somewhat athletic but he really looks like a typical pocket passer from what I've seen. If you want a dynamic threat QB, get Khalil Tate in the mid-late rounds.

Edit: Here's some Khalil Tate. He's run two completely different offenses in the past two years. I think he has some nice potential.

Last edited by natelpete; 01-23-2020 at 04:00 AM.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast