Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Can Udoh and Samia replace our left side? Iím hearing more and more about it. I think Samia is a solid upgrade Elflein. But what about Udoh? It seems like he is a better option than Reiff....
    Udoh played RT against the Bears. Arif said he thinks heíll compete more for Rashard Hillís swing role rather than a starting role, even if Reiff is cut. He mentioned Samia too. He said he didnít look good in the preseason or against the Bears. PFF gave him a poor grade against the Bears too. Zimmer said the team is still high on him, though. His rookie year was basically a redshirt. Iíll be surprised if either start in 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Absolutely I think Harris is worth the money. Play making safeties are very valuable. It could be argued heís becoming a better player than Smith. Heís forced more turnovers the last 2 years and Iím pretty sure heís the most efficient tackler. Heís missed a combined 4 tackles in 2 years. Smith will be a free agent in 2 years and will be 33 when he starts his next contract. Who knows if we can bring him back. Kearse already said heís not resigning so heís not an option.

One player Iím really interested in is Winfield Jr and just because his dad played here. He played safety at Minnesota but Iíve read heís really athletic and good in coverage. If the Vikings keep one of Waynes or Rhodes and lose Mack I would be really interested if Winfield would play slot corner. If he could, his versatility could be huge. He could play a Tyrann Mathieu type role all over the field.

the problem I always saw with the Hughes pick is that it seems to me he's best suited as a slot corner....but so is Mac, which makes me wonder if Mac was the one they thought they'd need to replace vs either Waynes or Rhodes..........at this point if I'm choosing between Waynes and Mac, it's Mac.....either way makes me wonder about picking yet another slot corner.......................or how much we can count on Hill
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Well, we don't have any money to spend so I think we should be prepared for a rough off season
    Yeah. Rick has really backed us into a difficult situation. He is going to have to cut and/or trade some players we have all grown to love to get cap space. He is also going to have to find some starting caliber players that can immediately contribute in the draft (CB, OL, DT etc..). Going to be a painful offseason and most likely a painful 2020 season for us.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Agreed that next year (hopefully Spielman and Zimmer's last) is going to be a rough one. Not enough picks or cap space to even maintain the roster we currently have (No choice but to cut Griffin, Joseph, Reiff, and Rhodes). I think the focus has to be on fixing the o-line (in an attempt to dominate time of possession) and rebuilding the secondary, but the pass rush is likely going to take a hit.

25: R1P25 OT JOSH JONES HOUSTON
    58: R2P26 CB A.J. TERRELL CLEMSON
    89: R3P25 DL NEVILLE GALLIMORE OKLAHOMA
    129: R4P26 OT BEN BARTCH ST. JOHN'S
    138: R4P35 EDGE D.J. WONNUM SOUTH CAROLINA
    205: R6P26 CB DANE JACKSON PITT
    219: R7P5 DL NICK COE AUBURN
    239: R7P25 WR JOE REED VIRGINIA
    253: R7P39 WR JAUAN JENNINGS TENNESSEE
    254: R7P40 EDGE LEDARIUS MACK BUFFALO

or

25: R1P25 OT ISAIAH WILSON GEORGIA
    58: R2P26 CB JAYLON JOHNSON UTAH
    89: R3P25 DT JASON STROWBRIDGE NORTH CAROLINA
    129: R4P26 OG CALVIN THROCKMORTON OREGON
    138: R4P35 EDGE ALTON ROBINSON SYRACUSE
    205: R6P26 DL BENITO JONES MISSISSIPPI
    219: R7P5 WR JOE REED VIRGINIA
    239: R7P25 EDGE D.J. WONNUM SOUTH CAROLINA
    253: R7P39 WR MARQUEZ CALLAWAY TENNESSEE
    254: R7P40 CB L'JARIUS SNEED LOUISIANA TECH
    Last edited by RPH2013; 01-31-2020 at 11:59 AM.

We can't undervalue Reiff here. Is he worth the $$, probably not but OL play around the league is not good so even average lineman are valuable. If we think we can still win next year then you keep Reiff and try to restructure. I'm not sure what they think of Udoh but I do know he played well against Mack in the last game. I'll take it with a grain of salt since it was the last game but still promising none the less.

As much as I would love to move of from Elf the one thing we must not forget is that he has gotten better each year. Can he take another step? Plays terrible against the elite DT's , like its not even close. I have this feeling we'll stick with him because outside of about 6 games he played pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by RPH2013 View Post
    Agreed that next year (hopefully Spielman and Zimmer's last) is going to be a rough one.
    I think both will get an extension and rightfully deserved imo. Majority of Vike fans like what Zim has done and some think he hasn't done enough. I was lucky enough to watch Denny Green and he and Zim are kinda having the same rate of success but they brought stability. The inbetween was not good.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    I think both will get an extension and rightfully deserved imo. Majority of Vike fans like what Zim has done and some think he hasn't done enough. I was lucky enough to watch Denny Green and he and Zim are kinda having the same rate of success but they brought stability. The inbetween was not good.
    Doogie said both will get extensions. I like the Denny Green comp. We've been playoff contenders 5 straight years and a SB hopeful in 2017 and yet people are complaining.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

Zimmer is a very poor man's Denny Green. Green's best teams would destroy any team Zimmer has put on the field. Spielman has gotten far too much credit for his drafting, which is average at best. His inability to address the OL, multiple failed early round picks, and his constant overvaluing/overpaying of players in non-premier positions (LB, NT, RB, TE) has lead us to mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Yeah. Rick has really backed us into a difficult situation. He is going to have to cut and/or trade some players we have all grown to love to get cap space. He is also going to have to find some starting caliber players that can immediately contribute in the draft (CB, OL, DT etc..). Going to be a painful offseason and most likely a painful 2020 season for us.
    Luckily we have Rob Brzezinski on our side and it's almost time for him to shine. Moving on from Griffen will be the hard one for me. I won't shed any tears losing Rhodes or Waynes. Hopefully 2020 is Kirk's last season here and we can really open up some cap room.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

I think Zimmer does deserve an extension. My knock on him would be that he appears to have micro managed the offense almost every season, it has cost us wins and offensive coordinators. I do feel like he is a great defensive coach and if he can just focus on managing the team/defense while trusting his OC we will have more success. He obviously has room for improvement but I don't think there are really any better options out there.

I however think Rick probably needs to go. I feel like he just keeps committing the same mistakes over and over again. I really believe he's failed more times than he's succeeded. His leash has been extending forever and hasn't found an end. Mistakes like Christian Ponder and Josh Freeman alone would get most GMs fired.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Luckily we have Rob Brzezinski on our side and it's almost time for him to shine. Moving on from Griffen will be the hard one for me. I won't shed any tears losing Rhodes or Waynes. Hopefully 2020 is Kirk's last season here and we can really open up some cap room.
    Unfortunately, I think Cousins will be here a few more years. I fear an extension will be coming for him to free up more cap room.

Unfortunately, I think Cousins will be here a few more years. I fear an extension will be coming for him to free up more cap room.
    After the 2019 season he had, I actually wouldn't mind extending Cousins. It frees up some cap space and allows us to improve in areas that would help him play even better. Cut Lival, Everson, and Rhodes to save some money. Re-sign Alexander, Harris, and get a LG in FA. Then we can go dline, CB, oline early in the draft.

See I don't view it that way....it's not his fault certain players have underperformed causing us to have to spend money and draft capital we really shouldn't have had to. It's not his fault guys like Floyd and Teddy had weird unexpected reasons to no longer be here. It's not his fault Treadwell couldn't figure out how to transition.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    See I don't view it that way....it's not his fault certain players have underperformed causing us to have to spend money and draft capital we really shouldn't have had to. It's not his fault guys like Floyd and Teddy had weird unexpected reasons to no longer be here. It's not his fault Treadwell couldn't figure out how to transition.
    Well, guys like Treadwell are his fault. Even if he had input from staff or scouts, he has final say over the decision. I agree he shouldnít be fired but heís also not above criticism. His first round picks have been pretty hit or miss. His 2nd round picks and late round picks have produced some really good players. But I will agree his early misses like Treadwell, Waynes and Hughes to an extent, and possibly Bradbury could be the difference between being a 10-6 team and a true SB contender. Overall, I like Spielman and want to keep him longer but he needs to hit this year in the draft and/or FA to keep me in his corner.

2019 Vikings Draft :

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I think it's his job to figure out that guys like Treadwell can't make the transition. I'm not down on Rick or anything because every GM will have some big misses, but that's literally what his job is.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast