Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 325
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,665
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    He'll for sure be there when we pick. He'll probably be there in the 3rd or 4th when we pick. He may be somewhat athletic but he really looks like a typical pocket passer from what I've seen. If you want a dynamic threat QB, get Khalil Tate in the mid-late rounds.

    Edit: Here's some Khalil Tate. He's run two completely different offenses in the past two years. I think he has some nice potential.

    Love is definitely going to be a first round pick. This is what Jeremiah said in August:

    "The scouting community starting really buzzing about Love last fall," Jeremiah wrote in August. "I talked to a respected scout who had just left the school on a visit and he told me he liked Love more than Herbert. I haven't done a full workup on him yet, but I like what I've seen thus far. He is very much in the mix to be considered the top guy at the position."

    An executive told Jeremiah earlier this year of Love, "This dude flashes on tape. I watched the Michigan State game (from last season) and was blown away. He's not a finished product but the tools are incredible." NFL Network's Bucky Brooks noted in August that scouts were calling Love "Patrick Mahomes 2.0."

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-for-nfl-draft

    Somebody is going to draft him thinking he's the next Mahomes. He'll sit for a year before he's ready. Considering Kirk is a FA after 2020, if we wanted to draft a QB there isn't anybody with more upside.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force


  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    5,031
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Love is definitely going to be a first round pick. This is what Jeremiah said in August:

    "The scouting community starting really buzzing about Love last fall," Jeremiah wrote in August. "I talked to a respected scout who had just left the school on a visit and he told me he liked Love more than Herbert. I haven't done a full workup on him yet, but I like what I've seen thus far. He is very much in the mix to be considered the top guy at the position."

    An executive told Jeremiah earlier this year of Love, "This dude flashes on tape. I watched the Michigan State game (from last season) and was blown away. He's not a finished product but the tools are incredible." NFL Network's Bucky Brooks noted in August that scouts were calling Love "Patrick Mahomes 2.0."

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-for-nfl-draft

    Somebody is going to draft him thinking he's the next Mahomes. He'll sit for a year before he's ready. Considering Kirk is a FA after 2020, if we wanted to draft a QB there isn't anybody with more upside.
    Really? I guess I've only seen a few YouTube videos on him, but didn't come away that impressed. Most of what I've gathered indicates he's a mid-round pick, especially with his big drop off in play last year. I know this is just one site, but Walter Football says this:

    Jordan Love, QB, Utah State
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 225.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
    Projected Round (2020): 3-5.
    1/2/20: In 2019, Love completed 62 percent of his passes for 3,402 yards with 20 touchdowns and 17 interceptions. He had some buzz about being a pro prospect coming off his 2018 season, when he completed 64 percent of his passes for 3,567 yards with 32 touchdowns and six interceptions.

    As a pro prospect, Love has some good tools to work with. He has a strong arm and can fire some lasers downfield and to the sideline. He also shows the ability to put air under the ball and throw touch passes. Lofting in passes between defenders and throwing receivers open can be tough for strong-armed quarterbacks as they can become too reliant on fast balls. Love does not have that issue. His pocket presence is developed, and he has some mobility to move around as well.

    However, Love still has a lot to work on, with his field vision being painfully bad. He consistently locks his eyes on his primary read and does not move them away. He stares down targets and does not look off defenders. Love must start reading the field, working through his progressions, and making better decisions. Team sources felt that Love should have returned for his senior year to improve before going to the NFL, but he declared for the 2020 NFL Draft. One team source said they had a fourth-/fifth-round grade on Love.
    All it takes is one team to fall in love with him and if some are saying he's Mahomes 2.0, then I'd guess there are at least a few teams who would take him early. I'm still skeptical but what do I know.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    10,666
    He's not currently projected there in most mocks, but the Patriots have supposedly been in love with Love
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,665
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Really? I guess I've only seen a few YouTube videos on him, but didn't come away that impressed. Most of what I've gathered indicates he's a mid-round pick, especially with his big drop off in play last year. I know this is just one site, but Walter Football says this:



    All it takes is one team to fall in love with him and if some are saying he's Mahomes 2.0, then I'd guess there are at least a few teams who would take him early. I'm still skeptical but what do I know.
    I wouldn't read much Walterfootball has to say. I used to but came to realize that site stinks. I would recommend the Draft Network. I really enjoy their work.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force


  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    5,031
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I wouldn't read much Walterfootball has to say. I used to but came to realize that site stinks. I would recommend the Draft Network. I really enjoy their work.
    The Draft Network is usually the first place I go to read up on someone but I like to mix it up. At this point, most of the sites will be way off of where guys will go and I like that Walter Football has full mock drafts, even if it's pretty much pointless after the first round.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    10,666
    I've really been enjoying listening to some of the guys on Sirius NFL Network...especially Pat Kirwin
    He was talking up Josh Jones, OT from Houston, as the best lineman at the Senior Bowl...most mocks have a half dozen or more ahead of him. He was also talking up Claypool, WR from Notre Dame, but not talking like he's a top guy necessarily, just currently underrated.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,585
    Senior Bowl Lineman I would like for us to get:
    Josh Jones OT Houston
    Ben Bredeson G Michigan
    Logan Stenberg G Kentucky
    John Simpson G Clemson
    Ben Bartch G St. Johns
    Lloyd Cushenberry G LSU
    Prince Tega Wanogho OT Auburn

    Really want Ben Bartch. Local boy looks great.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,480
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Senior Bowl Lineman I would like for us to get:
    Josh Jones OT Houston
    Ben Bredeson G Michigan
    Logan Stenberg G Kentucky
    John Simpson G Clemson
    Ben Bartch G St. Johns
    Lloyd Cushenberry G LSU
    Prince Tega Wanogho OT Auburn

    Really want Ben Bartch. Local boy looks great.
    Just heard about this Bartch kid. Sounds like he could be something special and a Spielman type of pick.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,585
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Just heard about this Bartch kid. Sounds like he could be something special and a Spielman type of pick.
    Man I hope so. Would be all over him for a 3rd.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    13,218
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Read Jordan Love is having a good Senior Bowl. Heís the QB from Utah State. Fits the mold on an athletic QB with a strong arm. Iíll be eager to see what the Vikings do if heís on the board.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I saw a thing on Twitter about the 4th QB taken in the 1st since 2000 and it's not good.
    Josh Rosen (I still think he has gotten the raw end so far)
    Brandon Weeden
    Ponder
    Losman
    Grossman

    5th QB taken shortly after:
    Lamar
    Osweiler
    Dalton
    Schaub
    Ragon

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    10,666
    by the time we get to the draft, my bet is there's 5 QBs gone in the top 15....Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Eason, and Love

    hope you're wrong about the 4th QB....'cause some think Eason may take the 3rd spot from my boy Herbert
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    13,218
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    by the time we get to the draft, my bet is there's 5 QBs gone in the top 15....Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Eason, and Love

    hope you're wrong about the 4th QB....'cause some think Eason may take the 3rd spot from my boy Herbert
    Also with Herbert there is this weird stat of 6'6" or taller QB's with not very much success. I didn't realize he was that tall and when you think about it there really isn't much success for those.

    God taking a QB is such a crap shoot. I mean you just need all things to align. QB has to be good along with coaching. If one goes awry then you get your disaster.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,480
    Oklahoma DT Neville Gallimore is an intriguing prospect...

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,665
    I'm getting really interested in Josh Jones, the OT from Houston. Supposed to be a really good athlete and could play guard too. Played both tackle and guard at the Senior Bowl.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force


  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,480
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I'm getting really interested in Josh Jones, the OT from Houston. Supposed to be a really good athlete and could play guard too. Played both tackle and guard at the Senior Bowl.
    Kiper released his first mock draft and thatís who he mocked to us. I donít know anything about him.
    Last edited by Patrick Swayze; 01-28-2020 at 02:05 PM.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •