Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    We might not be paying two safeties much longer. Harrison Smith only has 2 years left on his deal. 2021 he has no guaranteed money left so by next year he could be a candidate to be restructured or released. He'll be 33 when he is eligible for FA. If we let Harris go then in 2 years we could be starting over from scratch at safety. Harris is too good and too valuable to let him walk.
    Very good points...ahhhh life without Harry (sad sad sad). This is why I can't be GM because I would be terrible but I like to play one online lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Out of that group, Id take Bouye. I think Norman has lost his game, but maybe worth it if he is very cheap which I doubt he will be. Johnson was just horrible. Talib cant stay healthy.

Obviously wed all love Fuller, but there is no way we can afford him. I would think Mack and Waynes would be cheaper.

Too bad Newman wasnt like 10 years younger.
    Trumaine Brock was in camp last year with us and I think I he ended up having a pretty solid year.

Out of that group, Id take Bouye. I think Norman has lost his game, but maybe worth it if he is very cheap which I doubt he will be. Johnson was just horrible. Talib cant stay healthy.

Obviously wed all love Fuller, but there is no way we can afford him. I would think Mack and Waynes would be cheaper.

Too bad Newman wasnt like 10 years younger.
    I'm really curious what Fuller's market will look like. I don't think he played all that great in KC but I could be wrong. Spotrac has a "market value" feature that predicts what a FA will sign for based off similar players. Looking at the list of players they have it seems their only doing a market value for the top FA's and Fuller isn't listed in that group. They do have one for Mack, though. Mack is 3 years 25 million, 8.4 per year. So I'm guessing they think the market for Mack will be bigger than Fuller? I'm not sure. 8.4 seems high and if that's the case, I think Mack is gone. Trae Waynes has the same estimated figure.

I think Bouye would be the best of the group too. He was terrible last year and has been trending down for 2 years but so have the Jags in general. He's only going to be 29 this year. Maybe a 1 year deal to reestablish his value would make sense. At the very least the CB market is going to present options.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

What about Vernon Hargreaves? He is only 24 years old. Zimmer would love that.

PJ Walker anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    PJ Walker anyone?
    He will end up back with the colts

I'd like to see Case brought back in as our backup QB
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    I'd like to see Case brought back in as our backup QB
    That word has already been going around, but you know it wont happen. We cant have someone that could beat out Kirk.

That word has already been going around, but you know it wont happen. We cant have someone that could beat out Kirk.
    Yeah. I've heard the same thing which says a lot about our front office. Maybe someone challenging Kirk will get him over the hump. Why have the best QB play when you can have the highest paid? That mentality is definitely going to get us a Super Bowl.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Im betting Keenum goes to the Browns to back up Mayfield. Reconnects with Stefanski.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Keenum's good year with us wasn't with the Kubiak influence on the offense....and now it'll be ALL his offense.
    Case has basically shown that year was more fluke than real...he's rarely looked good since

With all the QB changes going on in the league, Case may have trouble even FINDING a backup gig, let alone one where he's pushing anyone. I'd sooner bring back Teddy, and that's not happening either...Teddy 'bout to get paid.

I wonder what Mariota's market will be
    Last edited by SiteWolf; 02-18-2020 at 09:00 AM.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Keenum's good year with us wasn't with the Kubiak influence on the offense....and now it'll be ALL his offense.
    Case has basically shown that year was more fluke than real...he's rarely looked good since

With all the QB changes going on in the league, Case may have trouble even FINDING a backup gig, let alone one where he's pushing anyone. I'd sooner bring back Teddy, and that's not happening either...Teddy 'bout to get paid.

I wonder what Mariota's market will be
    Teddy is definitely out of the question with the rumors he might get 30 million a year. That ship has sailed (Sorry Carter).

Case played for the Redskins last year. He didn't look great but either did anyone else on that dumpster fire of a team or coaching staff for that matter. He ended up starting 8 games while throwing for 1707 yards, 11 TDs, 5 INTs with a 91.3 rating. I'd take that from a backup. He's certainly better than Mannion who hasn't thrown a TD in his five year NFL career and if Case is having trouble finding a backup gig like you say he may have, then he should come really cheap.

Case also has experience working with Gary Kubiak in Houston and Denver. So he should be familiar with his offensive scheme.
    Last edited by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS; 02-18-2020 at 03:21 PM.

I love Teddy and wish him the best, but damn thats a lot of money.

A team paying Teddy $30 million is going to be highly disappointed.

This Stefon Diggs trade talk seems to be not going away. I think there has to be some truth behind it.

Cowherd mentioned that if Brady goes back to NE the Pats need to go out and get Diggs. I think it would be just for picks but we should at the very least try and ask for Gilmore in return.

Why does the media keep saying Diggs 'hasn't been shy about asking for a trade' when he has yet TO say he wants to be traded? This is all coming from a couple cryptic tweets of his that don't really say anything?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast