Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    I think heís going to Tampa. Looks like OJ Howard is part of the deal. What a crappy offseason for us so far, Rick better hit a home run in the draft.
    I saw they almost completed that deal in February but it fell through. Hopefully that doesn't happen. I really want Williams in purple.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by tripleplayer543 View Post
    i just read that percy harvin is wanting to rejoin the league any thoughts on the vikes going after him.
    He would be super cheap so why not? The problem is there are not likely to be any mini camps so it would be really tough for him to show what he has left before training camp. I would still do it. Let him come in to compete on special teams and maybe work in some manufactured touches on offense.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

i just read that percy harvin is wanting to rejoin the league any thoughts on the vikes going after him.
    Harvin and the front office did not part ways on good terms, so I would be surprised if we ever saw him back with the Vikings again.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Wasnít he trying to make a comeback last offseason too? Or am i going crazy?? This doesnít feel like the first Percy comeback rumor.

I think heís going to Tampa. Looks like OJ Howard is part of the deal. What a crappy offseason for us so far, Rick better hit a home run in the draft.
    I think he would have to hit a grand slam and I honestly don't think it's possible. You're looking at a ton of holes for him to fill and the guys he would draft would need to be instant starters. I just don't see it happening.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Trent Williams
    T, Washington Redskins

Cbs sports' jason la canfora reports "no trade is expected" between the buccaneers and redskins for disgruntled lt trent williams.

Source: Jason la canfora on twitter
    apr 22, 2020, 3:22 pm et

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Trent Williams
    T, Washington Redskins
    Good news. Acquiring Trent Williams will go a long ways towards helping Rick nail this draft.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Good news. Acquiring Trent Williams will go a long ways towards helping Rick nail this draft.
    Even if we make the trade, i still think we should draft an offensive lineman with one of our two first round picks. We can still get a solid receiver with speed to stretch the defense later in the draft. However, i would understand drafting a corner and a receiver in the first round if we traded for Trent.

Even if we make the trade, i still think we should draft an offensive lineman with one of our two first round picks. We can still get a solid receiver with speed to stretch the defense later in the draft. However, i would understand drafting a corner and a receiver in the first round if we traded for Trent.
    I would be on board drafting Cesar Ruiz but I would trade down a few spots from 25 to pick him. He's clearly the best IOL in the draft and a perfect scheme fit. 25 is a bit high for a guard but our line would be greatly improved by trading for Williams and drafting Ruiz.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I would be on board drafting Cesar Ruiz but I would trade down a few spots from 25 to pick him. He's clearly the best IOL in the draft and a perfect scheme fit. 25 is a bit high for a guard but our line would be greatly improved by trading for Williams and drafting Ruiz.
    I agree. Trading for Williams would most likely cost us one of our third round picks plus some, so drafting a corner at 22 and then trading back a little bit from 25 to acquire more picks is a good idea. Then take Ruiz with that pick.

Also remember we took a center 18th overall last year, so Rick isnít scared to pull the trigger on his guy. What are your thoughts on Bradberry? Is he going to blossom into a stud this year or will he just be an average starter?

I agree. Trading for Williams would most likely cost us one of our third round picks plus some, so drafting a corner at 22 and then trading back a little bit from 25 to acquire more picks is a good idea. Then take Ruiz with that pick.

Also remember we took a center 18th overall last year, so Rick isnít scared to pull the trigger on his guy. What are your thoughts on Bradberry? Is he going to blossom into a stud this year or will he just be an average starter?
    Bradbury was different. I read the center position in Kubiak's zone scheme is maybe the most important position along the OL. I think that is why they were willing to take him so high. Not sure about a guard.

I read an interview Olin Kreutz did with Matthew Coller. Basically, he said Bradbury needs to fine tune a good bit of his game. It didn't sound encouraging but he's a smart and really athletic player so I think he'll figure it out and at least be solid. We have a good OL coach too.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Take it for what it's worth but as many of you know, when Paul Allen states something, there is some legitimacy behind it. He just stated a few minutes ago on radio that Trent Williams will be a Viking.

PA stating Kirk is very fond of Williams and really enjoyed playing with him. Says it would be major mismanagement if Washington does not trade him during the draft with new regime.

Same offense so Williams would know it.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Take it for what it's worth but as many of you know, when Paul Allen states something, there is some legitimacy behind it. He just stated a few minutes ago on radio that Trent Williams will be a Viking.
    I heard that. Man I hope so!
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    The only thing better than acquiring Trent Williams would be also acquiring Thuney. Could you imaging if we could turn our two third round picks into those two guys? I would never talk bad about Rick and Company again.

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast