Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Im not sure how anyone tires of Diggs. He is the only one that shows up every week. He constantly makes the big plays. I wouldn't want to part with him, i'd rather part with thielen.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Not from Minnesota?

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Im not sure how anyone tires of Diggs. He is the only one that shows up every week. He constantly makes the big plays. I wouldn't want to part with him, i'd rather part with thielen.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    He's not the only one that shows up every week. He does make big plays of course...he also makes big fusses and I don't know how counterproductive he may be in the locker room at times. I only said I've tired some...for me that means I've gone from really liking him to just liking him.....and I mentioned him just as another potential way to regain some cap space, not as a 'he needs to go' candidate like Rhodes.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Looks like Kearse will absolutely not be back, based on his Twitter statements. It's unfortunate because I think he has a lot of potential and we could sign him for cheap.
    He's been very frustrated with his playing time. But dude can't get out of his own way.

if the vikings cut rhodes,griffen,josoph and rieff they would have 42,000,000 in cap room plus what ever the cap goes up . its supposed to be a big increase because of the legal betting added. but they have 7 or 8 people they need tyo resign, and maybe griffen could return on a new team friendly deal . but a cb a nt are going to be needed its too bad no one traded for wyans at the deadline i know some news outlets are wanting the vikes to cut harrison smith but im not ready too see him go this team dont need a total rebuild. just a little retooling.
    Last edited by tripleplayer543; 01-16-2020 at 06:03 PM.

Dillion Mitchell signs a future contract
    Last edited by Patrick Swayze; 01-15-2020 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Dillion Mitchell signs a future contract
    THere was a lot of hype with him last year when we drafted him and Bisi flew right under the radar. He'll get his shot with us needing a another weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    THere was a lot of hype with him last year when we drafted him and Bisi flew right under the radar. He'll get his shot with us needing a another weapon.
    We have Treadwell. We're set as receiver for the next decade.

I'll be curious to see what the market is for Joe Haeg of the Colts. Former OT at North Dakota State who is a pretty good athlete. He's played snaps at RT, RG, LG, and C. If we can't find a true replacement for Elflein then Haeg might be a cheap option to challenge him for the job.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I'll be curious to see what the market is for Joe Haeg of the Colts. Former OT at North Dakota State who is a pretty good athlete. He's played snaps at RT, RG, LG, and C. If we can't find a true replacement for Elflein then Haeg might be a cheap option to challenge him for the job.
    I have this feeling we'll keep Elflein with the expectation dude either puts on some weight with strength training. As much as we rag on him, rightfully so because he seems to get exposed when we need him the most against good teams, he did play good against the average teams. Can we expect him to continue to the upward trend of getting better? Do they roll with him and Samia for competition? If we can get one of the top OG FA's I say go for it.

Mac they need.
    Bailey will stay
    Colquitt will stay
    No way they keep Griff at what he is due. Wasnt all that good in run support last year. Is Weatherly ready?
    Harris they need. Can tag him if need be
    Kearse is gone. And even if he wasnt he would likely miss the season anyway from suspensions the NFL will hit him with because of his DUI and gun charges
    Waynes they need to keep
    and Weatherly.

Sherels after 2 muffed punts doesnt have a prayer of being back.
    Others they can bring back or not. None of their salaries add up to much anyway.

Rhodes, Joseph, and Griff will likely be cap casualties to make room

I hope they take a good long look at Nick Mullens this offseason. Hes the back-up QB in SF and he is a FA this year. With a year under Kubiak and riding the pine, he might be a cheap, viable alternative to Capt Kirk in 21.
    Last edited by Met Stadium; 01-29-2020 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Met Stadium View Post
    Mac they need.
    Bailey will stay
    Colquitt will stay
    No way they keep Griff at what he is due. Wasnt all that good in run support last year. Is Weatherly ready?
    Harris they need. Can tag him if need be
    Kearse is gone. And even if he wasnt he would likely miss the season anyway from suspensions the NFL will hit him with because of his DUI and gun charges
    Waynes they need to keep
    and Weatherly.

Sherels after 2 muffed punts doesnt have a prayer of being back.
    Others they can bring back or not. None of their salaries add up to much anyway.

Rhodes, Joseph, and Griff will likely be cap casualties to make room

I hope they take a good long look at Nick Mullens this offseason. Hes the back-up QB in SF and he is a FA this year. With a year under Kubiak and riding the pine, he might be a cheap, viable alternative to Capt Kirk in 21.
    I agree with most of what you've stated here. Ifeadi and Weatherly could fill that Griffens shoes and both have shown they can play at high levels at times. I think who you have as potential cuts are all reasonable. Linval could be a restructure as I would hate to leave two big holes at DT.

I'm at a 50/50 for Harris. I totally understand that he is probably the best Safety in the game right now. I can't see us paying two Safety's though. We really need to look at the value of the position.

For instance...in hindsight...would we have been better off resigning Sheldon Richardson instead of Anthony Barr? Analytics tells us yes. Pressure from our 3T also could explain the drop off in our coverage abilities as well from our CB's.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    I agree with most of what you've stated here. Ifeadi and Weatherly could fill that Griffens shoes and both have shown they can play at high levels at times. I think who you have as potential cuts are all reasonable. Linval could be a restructure as I would hate to leave two big holes at DT.

I'm at a 50/50 for Harris. I totally understand that he is probably the best Safety in the game right now. I can't see us paying two Safety's though. We really need to look at the value of the position.

For instance...in hindsight...would we have been better off resigning Sheldon Richardson instead of Anthony Barr? Analytics tells us yes. Pressure from our 3T also could explain the drop off in our coverage abilities as well from our CB's.
    We might not be paying two safeties much longer. Harrison Smith only has 2 years left on his deal. 2021 he has no guaranteed money left so by next year he could be a candidate to be restructured or released. He'll be 33 when he is eligible for FA. If we let Harris go then in 2 years we could be starting over from scratch at safety. Harris is too good and too valuable to let him walk.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

I'll be curious if the Vikings look to FA for a cheap way to fix the CB position. So far I've read Josh Norman, Trumaine Johnson, and A.J. Bouye are likely to be cut. None have been very good but could be cheap reclamation projects. Plus, none will count towards the compensatory pick formula.

Aqib Talib is another interesting name. He's 34 and coming off an injury plagued season but he might have something left in the tank.

I'm also really interested in Kendall Fuller, especially if Mack leaves. 2017 he was a stud in the slot for the Redskins but apparently the Chiefs played him more at safety and he struggled the last 2 years. He's only 25.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I'll be curious if the Vikings look to FA for a cheap way to fix the CB position. So far I've read Josh Norman, Trumaine Johnson, and A.J. Bouye are likely to be cut. None have been very good but could be cheap reclamation projects. Plus, none will count towards the compensatory pick formula.

Aqib Talib is another interesting name. He's 34 and coming off an injury plagued season but he might have something left in the tank.

I'm also really interested in Kendall Fuller, especially if Mack leaves. 2017 he was a stud in the slot for the Redskins but apparently the Chiefs played him more at safety and he struggled the last 2 years. He's only 25.
    Out of that group, I’d take Bouye. I think Norman has lost his game, but maybe worth it if he is very cheap which I doubt he will be. Johnson was just horrible. Talib can’t stay healthy.

Obviously we’d all love Fuller, but there is no way we can afford him. I would think Mack and Wayne’s would be cheaper.

Too bad Newman wasn’t like 10 years younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Too bad Newman wasn’t like 10 years younger.
    true for all of us, dude...maybe 20
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast