Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Do you guys smell something? I smell like someone is having a fire...hehehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I still think there is something there with this trade.

Joe Thuney
    G, NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

ESPN's Mike Reiss believes the Patriots could be willing to trade LG Joe Thuney during the draft.

Thuney signed his franchise tender three days after receiving it. Reiss isn't passing this along as a report, but believes it is something Bill Belichick would "seriously consider" if someone offered a second-round pick or "high third-rounder." With as plugged in as Reiss is, it is fair to label this informed speculation. It was surprising to see Belichick commit $14.78 million to a guard for one season, though 27-year-old Thuney has emerged as one of the league's best interior lineman. There have been zero public reports of progress in extension talks, or of extension talks, period. The Pats are tight against the salary cap.

SOURCE: ESPN
    Apr 19, 2020, 10:54 AM ET
    I'm not sure how we could afford it with our cap situation but if we could trade for Trent Williams and Thuney I would be a very happy man
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Joe Thuney
    G, NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

I'm not sure how we could afford it with our cap situation but if we could trade for Trent Williams and Thuney I would be a very happy man

1 Trade Reiff and a pick for Williams
    2 Trade Harris for Thuney (maybe add a mid rounder)

It could work right? I would do it even if we had to add one of our 3rds to each deal
    To get those two guys and still have 3 picks in the top 58 would be incredible.
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 04-20-2020 at 11:31 AM.

Joe Thuney
    G, NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Not as happy as our Cousin
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Trent Williams
    T, WASHINGTON REDSKINS

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports acquiring LT Trent Williams is "still on the table" for the Browns.

"Nothing is imminent or super close right now," Anderson adds, but the Browns are continuing to monitor the situation. All but certain to be selecting their successor at left tackle with the No. 10 overall pick, it makes sense for Browns GM Andrew Berry to simply forego that development process altogether and instead opt to bring in a sure-thing to shore up Baker Mayfield's blindside. Of course, that would also entail coming to terms on a new deal worth upwards of $18 million-plus annually for the 31-year-old stud. The Vikings, currently set to select at No. 22 and No. 25 in the first round of Thursday's draft, are also reportedly inquiring on what it would take to land Williams.

RELATED: Cleveland Browns, Minnesota Vikings
    SOURCE: Josina Anderson on Twitter
    Apr 21, 2020, 9:24 AM ET
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Not as happy as our Cousin
    Haha! Very true!

Trent Williams
    T, WASHINGTON REDSKINS
    The Browns would be tough to beat in a trade. We have more picks but their early round picks are better. They have 2 3rd round picks and both are better than ours.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

The Browns would be tough to beat in a trade. We have more picks but their early round picks are better. They have 2 3rd round picks and both are better than ours.
    I wonder if we could gain the advantage in a bidding war with the Browns by including Riley Reiff with our third round pick. I imagine we would need to offload him anyways to free up money to sign Trent long term.

I think our biggest advantage would be if they have any interest at all in Reiff. We can offer them a plug and play LT and they won't have to consider a LT in rounds 1-2.

2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

I think hes going to Tampa. Looks like OJ Howard is part of the deal. What a crappy offseason for us so far, Rick better hit a home run in the draft.

i just read that percy harvin is wanting to rejoin the league any thoughts on the vikes going after him.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Do you guys smell something? I smell like someone is having a fire...hehehehe.
    I saw your pictures. I was going to invite myself over.

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    I think hes going to Tampa. Looks like OJ Howard is part of the deal. What a crappy offseason for us so far, Rick better hit a home run in the draft.
    well crap, that only makes too much sense given both are exactly what the other team needs right now........still hoping the Bucs largely suck, but they could have a pretty solid team...
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast