Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    Keep:
    K, Dan Bailey (32)
    P, Britton Colquitt (35)
    DE, Everson Griffen (32)
    SS, Anthony Harris (28)
    OLB, Eric Wilson (25)
    Weatherly as well

I see we will be looking for both OC and DC in this offseason. I think they’ll keep OC hire in house. Any ideas on who could be in the running for the DC spot?

There are going to be some big moves this off season I feel. We are going to need to part ways with some guys to create some cap. Guys like Reiff, Griffen, Rhodes could be gone. Linval maybe as well. We are in a purgatory with this roster right now. Some guys like Rhodes and Linval just are not the same player. Our OL is not good enough with a purely pocket passer (mainly LG, interior line). I expect Bradbury to take a big step forward. We need to go after someone like Ron Leary or Brandon Scherff but they would be very costly.

I love Harris and I would love to resign him but can we? And how much value does he add to the team? Could we possibly resign Kearse who has shown signs of being a really good player but is either in the dog house or hurt.

CB I think we need to try and resign Waynes. Down year could mean a reasonable short term contract. He may take it to build up his value again. Anyways more to come on this as I'm sure all of us will look to play GM here soon. Which I love doing lol and I plan to make a lot of moves lol.

CB, Mackensie Alexander (26) - Probably won't be as expensive as everyone thought he was going to be at the beginning of the year, plus we probably need to keep either him or Waynes. I prefer Alexander.

K, Dan Bailey (32) - this is the first time our kicking game has been consistent in a long time.

P, Britton Colquitt (35) - was really good this year and probably played a part in Bailey's improvement.

LT, Dakota Dozier (29) - don't really care about this one, but it could be a depth move.

FB, C.J. Ham (27) - had a great year and is used quite a bit.

SS, Anthony Harris (28) - if we can afford to pay him, we have to. Would've been nice if he had his breakout season after we paid him though.

OG, Rashod Hill (28) - played well enough when his name was called. Another good depth signing and could be a decent long-term starter is someone goes down for an extended period of time.

S, Jayron Kearse (26) - I still really like his upside. He can play a few different positions and was really good on special teams.

I’m about 98% sure that Rhodes gets cut. I think we all know that Kearse is gone.

Reserve/Future Free Agent Signings

Tony Brooks-James - RB
    Jake Browning - QB
    Davion Davis - WR
    Brandon Dillion - TE
    Mark Fields - CBFute
    Kemon Hall - CB
    Marcus Sayles - CB

Griff is gone. Rhodes gets cut. Waynes?? Wilson I hope stays for cheap, we will need Harris, Alexander, or Kearse to stay. Bring back Ham.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Vikings Free agents:

RB, Ameer Abdullah (27)
    CB, Mackensie Alexander (26)
    K, Dan Bailey (32)
    OLB, Kentrell Brothers (27)
    P, Britton Colquitt (35)
    LT, Dakota Dozier (29)
    DE, Everson Griffen (32)
    FB, C.J. Ham (27)
    SS, Anthony Harris (28)
    OG, Rashod Hill (28)
    C, Brett Jones (29)
    S, Jayron Kearse (26)
    QB, Sean Mannion (28)
    TE, David Morgan (27)
    SS, Andrew Sendejo (32)
    CB, Marcus Sherels (32)
    WR, Laquon Treadwell (25)
    CB, Trae Waynes (28)
    DE, Stephen Weatherly (26)
    OLB, Eric Wilson (25)
    This is kind of a tough list. Griffen is listed but he's not a FA yet. I expect he will be. Ifeadi Odenigbo looks like he has some potential and Stephen Weatherly can be brought back much cheaper. Griffen has a 13.8 cap hit but only 800k in dead money if we move on. This will be really hard to do but it's always better to move on from a player a year too early than a year too late. That 13 million in cap space will be huge. Gotta move on from Rhodes too. His dead cap is higher at 4.8 million but still saves 8.1 million. That would give us 16 million in cap space and that is plenty to resign guys like Anthony Harris, Stephen Weatherly, and Mack Alexander. Bailey and Colquitt should be brought back and will likely be cheap. Ham will be cheap too. Eric Wilson is an RFA so he'll be back.

The rest doesn't make much difference if their back. I would like Kearse to come back but given his comments and place on the depth chart I think he's gone. Waynes can leave. I would rather have the comp pick. The rest are depth pieces.

We could create some additional space by cutting Reiff, Stephen, Rudy and Joseph. Reiff can create an additional 8.8, Stephen 2.36, Rudy 3.65 and Joseph 10.4 million. However, out of this group, I think only Stephen makes sense. Cutting Reiff leaves a huge hole at LT and no in house replacement or money to sign a replacement. Rudy makes sense because we have Irv Smith waiting but Rudy is coming off a good season and the savings aren't enough to part ways yet. Especially when our secondary receiving options are so thin. Cutting Joseph leaves you with a massive hole at DT and that is a position that is already weak as it is. Cutting Stephen should be an easy choice and gives us about 18.5 in cap space.

Resigning our own guys and our draft class will likely take up most of that 18.5 million. It's looking like another off season of FA bargain shopping. At least we'll be starting off the draft with 10 picks, including an extra 4th. The draft also appears to be well stocked at positions the Vikings need help at (CB, DT, OL, WR).
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    This is kind of a tough list. Griffen is listed but he's not a FA yet. I expect he will be. Ifeadi Odenigbo looks like he has some potential and Stephen Weatherly can be brought back much cheaper. Griffen has a 13.8 cap hit but only 800k in dead money if we move on. This will be really hard to do but it's always better to move on from a player a year too early than a year too late. That 13 million in cap space will be huge. Gotta move on from Rhodes too. His dead cap is higher at 4.8 million but still saves 8.1 million. That would give us 16 million in cap space and that is plenty to resign guys like Anthony Harris, Stephen Weatherly, and Mack Alexander. Bailey and Colquitt should be brought back and will likely be cheap. Ham will be cheap too. Eric Wilson is an RFA so he'll be back.

The rest doesn't make much difference if their back. I would like Kearse to come back but given his comments and place on the depth chart I think he's gone. Waynes can leave. I would rather have the comp pick. The rest are depth pieces.

We could create some additional space by cutting Reiff, Stephen, Rudy and Joseph. Reiff can create an additional 8.8, Stephen 2.36, Rudy 3.65 and Joseph 10.4 million. However, out of this group, I think only Stephen makes sense. Cutting Reiff leaves a huge hole at LT and no in house replacement or money to sign a replacement. Rudy makes sense because we have Irv Smith waiting but Rudy is coming off a good season and the savings aren't enough to part ways yet. Especially when our secondary receiving options are so thin. Cutting Joseph leaves you with a massive hole at DT and that is a position that is already weak as it is. Cutting Stephen should be an easy choice and gives us about 18.5 in cap space.

Resigning our own guys and our draft class will likely take up most of that 18.5 million. It's looking like another off season of FA bargain shopping. At least we'll be starting off the draft with 10 picks, including an extra 4th. The draft also appears to be well stocked at positions the Vikings need help at (CB, DT, OL, WR).

I agree with most of this post with the exception of cutting Rudy. I think he is one of the few vets who has enough value to actually trade for a fair compensation. I bet we could get atleast a 3rd for him even if it's a compensatory. I would however like to see him stay on one more year IF we can get some decent Oline pieces where he can consistently run routes and not have to block.

Looks like Kearse will absolutely not be back, based on his Twitter statements. It's unfortunate because I think he has a lot of potential and we could sign him for cheap.

so much of this depends on what guys expect.......Everson wants to remain a Viking until he retires, so how low will he go to stay?

We've talked for a couple years about Kearse's potential...nice player to have but the massive potential we thought we'd see hasn't shown yet.....his DUI didn't exactly endear him to Zim

Rudy is another I'd rather allow to finish a Viking.....and if we'd have actually USED our TEs this year we wouldn't even be thinking he's expendable.

Reiff, bu bye...South Dakota kid or not....but that still means OL is a top priority, specifically LT first if Reiff is cut.

Joseph, like Rhodes, isn't worth the money currently owed

I think we need to keep Mac and Waynes...assuming they don't expect big paydays. I loved what Sherels did for us, but those days are gone...tho he'd be cheap, a hot young Mecole Hardman type rookie would be cheaper.

I've tired some with Diggs...enough so to think it not a horrible idea to trade him for picks, adding more cap space. It would mean thinking WR before day 3 of the draft, meaning pushing another position back possibly (depending on what we could get).

Whatever we do, my preference would be NOT to extend Cousins; even tho that could be a way to gain space, it also commits us to him longer.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    so much of this depends on what guys expect.......Everson wants to remain a Viking until he retires, so how low will he go to stay?

We've talked for a couple years about Kearse's potential...nice player to have but the massive potential we thought we'd see hasn't shown yet.....his DUI didn't exactly endear him to Zim

Rudy is another I'd rather allow to finish a Viking.....and if we'd have actually USED our TEs this year we wouldn't even be thinking he's expendable.

Reiff, bu bye...South Dakota kid or not....but that still means OL is a top priority, specifically LT first if Reiff is cut.

Joseph, like Rhodes, isn't worth the money currently owed

I think we need to keep Mac and Waynes...assuming they don't expect big paydays. I loved what Sherels did for us, but those days are gone...tho he'd be cheap, a hot young Mecole Hardman type rookie would be cheaper.

I've tired some with Diggs...enough so to think it not a horrible idea to trade him for picks, adding more cap space. It would mean thinking WR before day 3 of the draft, meaning pushing another position back possibly (depending on what we could get).

Whatever we do, my preference would be NOT to extend Cousins; even tho that could be a way to gain space, it also commits us to him longer.
    Im not sure how anyone tires of Diggs. He is the only one that shows up every week. He constantly makes the big plays. I wouldn't want to part with him, i'd rather part with thielen.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast