Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I doubt they go after Thuney but Williams seems realistic.

LT: Trent Williams
    LG: Pat Elflein
    C: Garrett Bradbury
    RG: Dru Samia
    RT: Brian O’Neill

That would be the OL prior to the draft if we trade for Williams. Still far from dominant but looks a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Elflein doesn’t even deserve a spot on the team

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Elflein doesn’t even deserve a spot on the team
    Nah he for sure deserves to play out his contract. The problem with Elf is that his bad games are really bad lol. Also the fact that he can play Guard and Center is valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Nah he for sure deserves to play out his contract. The problem with Elf is that his bad games are really bad lol. Also the fact that he can play Guard and Center is valuable.
    Yeah he's not being cut. He's pretty bad in pass protection but last year he was good in the run game. I'm fine with him being our top back up at G/C.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Yeah he's not being cut. He's pretty bad in pass protection but last year he was good in the run game. I'm fine with him being our top back up at G/C.
    I agree that he does add value as a backup Guard/Center and we have seen that he has the potential to play well on occasion (Also play badly when against top competition). In a normal offseason I would say he wouldn't get cut too but look at Kline. Anything is possible this offseason.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

We are F'd, we have no Guards, Corners or a 3 Technique. This will be our worst season in the Zimmer era.

Quote Originally Posted by blom85 View Post
    We are F'd, we have no Guards, Corners or a 3 Technique. This will be our worst season in the Zimmer era.
    I don't think it'll be that bad. The draft hasn't even come around yet. The 2014 roster had some serious holes but we still went 7-9. We had Greg Jennings as our best receiver, Asiata lead us in rushing, and Matt Kalil was our LT. We'll be better than that team on offense. We'll look better on paper once we inject some youth on the roster through the draft. Trading for Trent Williams will also go a long way to making this team better.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

I did the math and we should have about 8.2 million in cap space. That number includes our estimated draft costs and the top 51 rule. Remove the draft class and it's about 12 million. To get those numbers I estimated Rashod Hill will cost 2 million since that is what he got last year and that Zettel will make 750k. That is the same amount as Eddie Yarbrough and they're similar players.

So can we fit Trent Williams into the cap? I think so. The cap will continue to rise so we should be fine going forward beyond 2020. As for 2020, we'll definitely have to trade/cut Reiff or Harris. I'm assuming Harris will be the one to go but I can see both being moved.

Cutting/trading Reiff creates 8.8 million in space, bumping us up a little over 17. Trading or rescinding the tag with Harris will put us around 19.6 million. Trent Williams current deal has a 14.5 million cap hit. So even if we sign him to an extension and the year 1 cap hit doesn't change we are fine cap wise no matter who we decide to move.

If Harris is traded and then Trent Williams is acquired, what happens to Reiff? I'm iffy on the idea of moving him to guard. That's a lot of money to pay somebody to play a position they have zero experience at in the pros. I would move on from him regardless if Wiliams is acquired. Draft somebody to play LG and then let Elflein and Samia battle for RG. We could also take a flyer on a FA guard like Osemele or Leary.

I also wonder if we could keep Anthony Harris for another year. As I said, cutting Reiff puts us above 17 million and that's enough to bring in Williams at his current cap hit. Harris could stick around another year at his current franchise tag rate and then we can make a decision on him next year. Maybe we see a decline in Harry in 2020 and we decide we should keep Harris around long term. Waiting on him might be the best choice. Plus cutting Reiff instead opens up another 11.7 million in cap space next year.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

but can we fit Williams AND Logan Ryan in?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    but can we fit Williams AND Logan Ryan in?
    No but we could have fit Williams and Robey-Coleman
    2019 Vikings Draft :

Rhodes to the Colts
    2019 Vikings Draft :

I did the math and we should have about 8.2 million in cap space. That number includes our estimated draft costs and the top 51 rule. Remove the draft class and it's about 12 million. To get those numbers I estimated Rashod Hill will cost 2 million since that is what he got last year and that Zettel will make 750k. That is the same amount as Eddie Yarbrough and they're similar players.

So can we fit Trent Williams into the cap? I think so. The cap will continue to rise so we should be fine going forward beyond 2020. As for 2020, we'll definitely have to trade/cut Reiff or Harris. I'm assuming Harris will be the one to go but I can see both being moved.

Cutting/trading Reiff creates 8.8 million in space, bumping us up a little over 17. Trading or rescinding the tag with Harris will put us around 19.6 million. Trent Williams current deal has a 14.5 million cap hit. So even if we sign him to an extension and the year 1 cap hit doesn't change we are fine cap wise no matter who we decide to move.

If Harris is traded and then Trent Williams is acquired, what happens to Reiff? I'm iffy on the idea of moving him to guard. That's a lot of money to pay somebody to play a position they have zero experience at in the pros. I would move on from him regardless if Wiliams is acquired. Draft somebody to play LG and then let Elflein and Samia battle for RG. We could also take a flyer on a FA guard like Osemele or Leary.

I also wonder if we could keep Anthony Harris for another year. As I said, cutting Reiff puts us above 17 million and that's enough to bring in Williams at his current cap hit. Harris could stick around another year at his current franchise tag rate and then we can make a decision on him next year. Maybe we see a decline in Harry in 2020 and we decide we should keep Harris around long term. Waiting on him might be the best choice. Plus cutting Reiff instead opens up another 11.7 million in cap space next year.

according to over the cap the vikes are 13,400,000 now and 22,200,000 if they cut rieff and 33,641,000 if they trade or drop the franchise tag.now if they cant get atleast a 3rd round pick for harris and they drop the tag the team should be inline for 4 third round comp picks next april(2021) one each for waynes,alexander harris and griffen.the closer to draft day the skins might just swap for reiff and the vikes will have to redo williams deal. with the extra game the tv deals going up the cap ought to go up quite a bit next year.

oh dont forget cook wants a new deal too maybe they can get a couple more good picks for him. if he is going to be a headache like diggs was it might be better to run madison and draft another back though id prefer to keep cook.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleplayer543 View Post
    according to over the cap the vikes are 13,400,000 now and 22,200,000 if they cut rieff and 33,641,000 if they trade or drop the franchise tag.now if they cant get atleast a 3rd round pick for harris and they drop the tag the team should be inline for 4 third round comp picks next april(2021) one each for waynes,alexander harris and griffen.the closer to draft day the skins might just swap for reiff and the vikes will have to redo williams deal. with the extra game the tv deals going up the cap ought to go up quite a bit next year.
    I use spotrac. Overthecap doesn't have Rashod Hill or Anthony Zettel included (I estimated their costs) and they aren't including what our draft class is estimated will cost.

We also won't be getting a comp pick when Griffen signs elsewhere. Alexander is estimated at a 6th round pick.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

Brett Jones resigned. 1 year 910k.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

Quote Originally Posted by blom85 View Post
    It does appear concerning but in regard to the CB's. If I recall correctly we were ranked 29th in coverage grade last year from our CB's. That could be a little inflated by the fact that Rhodes was like 102 out of like 105, something ridiculous like that. I think he gave up a catch % of like 85%. PFF mentioned that Waynes and Alexander weren't a whole lot better. So even with all that we still had a top 10 defense so maybe things aren't as bad as they appear lol.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast