Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    20,695

    Vikings sign GM Rick Spielman to a multi-year extension

    Rick Spielman
    GM, Minnesota Vikings

    NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Vikings signed GM Rick Spielman to a multi-year extension.

    Spielman has held the title of GM since 2012. The Vikings have posted two losing seasons in his eight-year tenure and have a 72-54 record under Spielman. He previously served as the Vice President of Player Personnel in Minnesota for six seasons before assuming his current role. The Vikings have Kirk Cousins under contract through 2022 and head coach Mike Zimmer locked up through 2023. Spielman is an aggressive GM and his tenacity has largely been rewarded. Minnesota has one of the brightest outlooks from an organizational perspective in the league.

    SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
    Aug 2, 2020, 8:33 PM ET
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    56
    Expected move.

    Zimmer, Spielman, and Cousins get a few more years to get it done!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    13,423
    No problem with this at all, actually I like it and I think it's the right move. Speilman and Zim are widely considered top 10 and I have been pretty happy with the moves. Draft has been great and while I would like some more aggressive moves in FA at times I'm also ok what he has done.

    The only problem, and well it's because we are the Vikings, they are the only combo that have been together for the last 6 years that has not won a SB lol. Typical...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    No problem with this at all, actually I like it and I think it's the right move. Speilman and Zim are widely considered top 10 and I have been pretty happy with the moves. Draft has been great and while I would like some more aggressive moves in FA at times I'm also ok what he has done.

    The only problem, and well it's because we are the Vikings, they are the only combo that have been together for the last 6 years that has not won a SB lol. Typical...
    Yeah, people like to point to that fact as why "Zimmer and Spielman will never win a championship". I don't buy that at all. They are more than capable. Our QBs' legs just need to stop falling off and we need a few balls to bounce our way (like any SB-winning team).

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    14,821
    the most successful teams have a HC/GM combo that works together well and do it for a long time......not either's fault Teddy happened, or Treadwell tanked, or any other number of things that set the team back
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    37,375
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    the most successful teams have a HC/GM combo that works together well and do it for a long time......not either's fault Teddy happened, or Treadwell tanked, or any other number of things that set the team back
    I was so excited we drafted Treadwell. Hopefully JJ doesn't turn into Treadwell part 2 lol

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    18,409
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I was so excited we drafted Treadwell. Hopefully JJ doesn't turn into Treadwell part 2 lol
    I wouldn't worry about that. Jefferson excels in basically all the areas that Treadwell struggled. I think Jeffersons floor is a WR3 like Mohamed Sanu. Ceiling is somebody like Keenan Allen or Robert Woods. Somewhere in between that group is Tyler Boyd.
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 08-11-2020 at 10:11 PM.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    37,375
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I wouldn't worry about that. Jefferson excels in basically all the areas that Treadwell struggled. I think Jeffersons floor is a WR3 like Mohamed Sanu. Ceiling is somebody like Keenan Allen or Robert Woods. Somewhere in between that group is Tyler Boyd.
    If he ended up Tyler Boyd I'd be happy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •