Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 402
  1. #301
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    61
    My updated plan to finish off-season

    Cut:
    Rieff (saves 8.8 mil)
    Elflein (saves 2 mil)

    Trade:
    1. Anthony Harris for high 3rd round pick and conditional 2021 pick (saves 11.4 mil)
    2. #25 overall pick for high second and fourth round pick

    Draft:
    1. LT Josh Jones – Houston
    2. CB Jaylon Johnson – Utah
    2. WR Chase Claypool – Notre Dame
    3. S Jeremy Chinn – Southern Illinois
    3. DE Jabari Zuniga – Florida
    3. G Robert Hunt - Louisiana-Lafayette
    4.WR Antonio Gibson – Memphis
    4. WR John Hightowner – Boise State
    5. OT Saahiq Charles – LSU
    6. CB Demarkus Acy – Missouri
    6. S Josh Metellus - Michigan
    7. CB Parnell Motley – Oklahoma
    7. DE Azur Kamara - Kansas
    7. LB Daniel Bituli – Tennessee

    UDFA to target
    1. LB Kamal Marin Minnesota
    2. RB Reggie Corbin – Illinois
    3. WR Freddie Swain – Florida

    Signings 1.5 weeks after the draft (so it won’t affect compensatory picks for next year)

    CB Logan Ryan 6.5 mil/1 year (PFF grade = 64.9)
    DE Everson Griffen 5 mil/1 year
    S Reshad Jones 3.5 mil/1 year (PFF grade = 72.5)
    LT/LG Cordy Glenn 3 mil/1 year (PFF grade = 68.4 at LT)
    DE/DT Vinny Curry 2.5 mi/1 year (play him at 3-tech on passing downs) (PFF grade = 77.9)

    Roster

    QB - Cousins, Mannion
    RB - Cook, Mattison, Boone
    FB – Ham
    WR – Thielen, Sharpe, Claypool, Johnson, Gibson, Hightower
    TE – Rudolph, Smith, Conklin
    Starting O-line – Jones, Hunt, Bradbury, Samia, O’Neill
    O-line reserves - Glenn, Udoh (I think he’ll be a better guard), Jones, Collins, Charles

    DE - Hunter, Griffen, Zuniga, Odenigbo
    DT – Pierce, Watts, Stephen, Curry, Holmes/Johnson/Mata'afa
    LB – Barr, Kendricks, Wilson, Smith, Gedeon, Bituli/Martin/Gates
    CB#1 – Ryan, Acy/Motley
    CB#2 – Johnson, Hill
    Slot – Hughes, Boyd
    S – Smith, Jones, Chinn, Metellus

    K – Bailey
    P – Colquitt
    LS – Cutting

    Bottomline, need to focus on a long-term fix for O-line, Replacing Diggs in the aggregate, improving pass rush (mostly the interior rush), and blowing up last year’s mostly terrible secondary. Good safety play won’t ever make up for bad CB play.

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    13,278
    To an extent good Safety play will because Waynes and Rhodes were terrible last year. Go follow a guy on Twitter by the name of Dustin Baker (@DustBaker). He just posts random stats that are pretty cool.

    Example...Rhodes gave up a passer rating of 123.8 and Waynes 107.9. Completed 81% on Rhodes and 74% on Waynes. I mean that was bad yet we still had a good, not great, defense. I think this is why we targeted a run stuffer in Pierce. You have to think they don't think it can get much worse than that.

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    20,583
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    To an extent good Safety play will because Waynes and Rhodes were terrible last year. Go follow a guy on Twitter by the name of Dustin Baker (@DustBaker). He just posts random stats that are pretty cool.

    Example...Rhodes gave up a passer rating of 123.8 and Waynes 107.9. Completed 81% on Rhodes and 74% on Waynes. I mean that was bad yet we still had a good, not great, defense. I think this is why we targeted a run stuffer in Pierce. You have to think they don't think it can get much worse than that.
    It is truly amazing we ended up having that much success on defense when those two played that badly. Really a shame that we wasted two first round picks on them. Makes me question if Mike Zimmer really is the CB whisperer and if we need someone new evaluating who we plan on drafting.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    13,278
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    It is truly amazing we ended up having that much success on defense when those two played that badly. Really a shame that we wasted two first round picks on them. Makes me question if Mike Zimmer really is the CB whisperer and if we need someone new evaluating who we plan on drafting.
    It's really weird because I feel it's the higher picks can't live up to the expectations. Rhodes we could say is because of injury and I think overall he lived up and would be deemed a success. Waynes played alright but for sure did not live up to the #11 pick. Alexander I thought played decent for the most part and I would have liked to have seen us resign him.

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    12,523
    I don't think Rhodes was a bad pick necessarily. Take a look at how good he was early and when his play seemed to drop off.....the drop off happened directly after 1) getting the big contract and 2) additional restrictions on what a CB is allowed to do.....Waynes, I felt at the time that Marcus Peters would be the better pick if we went CB, but I wanted Arik Armstead ('course if we'd done that, we likely don't take Danielle Hunter, so...)

    ...agree on keeping Mac...but is Zim the one that p'd Mac off to make that unlikely?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  6. #306
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    south central illinios
    Posts
    1,840
    Quote Originally Posted by RPH2013 View Post
    My updated plan to finish off-season

    Cut:
    Rieff (saves 8.8 mil)
    Elflein (saves 2 mil)

    Trade:
    1. Anthony Harris for high 3rd round pick and conditional 2021 pick (saves 11.4 mil)
    2. #25 overall pick for high second and fourth round pick

    Draft:
    1. LT Josh Jones – Houston
    2. CB Jaylon Johnson – Utah
    2. WR Chase Claypool – Notre Dame
    3. S Jeremy Chinn – Southern Illinois
    3. DE Jabari Zuniga – Florida
    3. G Robert Hunt - Louisiana-Lafayette
    4.WR Antonio Gibson – Memphis
    4. WR John Hightowner – Boise State
    5. OT Saahiq Charles – LSU
    6. CB Demarkus Acy – Missouri
    6. S Josh Metellus - Michigan
    7. CB Parnell Motley – Oklahoma
    7. DE Azur Kamara - Kansas
    7. LB Daniel Bituli – Tennessee

    UDFA to target
    1. LB Kamal Marin Minnesota
    2. RB Reggie Corbin – Illinois
    3. WR Freddie Swain – Florida

    Signings 1.5 weeks after the draft (so it won’t affect compensatory picks for next year)

    CB Logan Ryan 6.5 mil/1 year (PFF grade = 64.9)
    DE Everson Griffen 5 mil/1 year
    S Reshad Jones 3.5 mil/1 year (PFF grade = 72.5)
    LT/LG Cordy Glenn 3 mil/1 year (PFF grade = 68.4 at LT)
    DE/DT Vinny Curry 2.5 mi/1 year (play him at 3-tech on passing downs) (PFF grade = 77.9)

    Roster

    QB - Cousins, Mannion
    RB - Cook, Mattison, Boone
    FB – Ham
    WR – Thielen, Sharpe, Claypool, Johnson, Gibson, Hightower
    TE – Rudolph, Smith, Conklin
    Starting O-line – Jones, Hunt, Bradbury, Samia, O’Neill
    O-line reserves - Glenn, Udoh (I think he’ll be a better guard), Jones, Collins, Charles

    DE - Hunter, Griffen, Zuniga, Odenigbo
    DT – Pierce, Watts, Stephen, Curry, Holmes/Johnson/Mata'afa
    LB – Barr, Kendricks, Wilson, Smith, Gedeon, Bituli/Martin/Gates
    CB#1 – Ryan, Acy/Motley
    CB#2 – Johnson, Hill
    Slot – Hughes, Boyd
    S – Smith, Jones, Chinn, Metellus

    K – Bailey
    P – Colquitt
    LS – Cutting

    Bottomline, need to focus on a long-term fix for O-line, Replacing Diggs in the aggregate, improving pass rush (mostly the interior rush), and blowing up last year’s mostly terrible secondary. Good safety play won’t ever make up for bad CB play.
    i have been doing mocks on first pick and over the last couple weeks acy has gone completely off he boards there and in a 7 round mock draft on walter football he is not even listed in their 7 round mock. i was picking him up untill he disappeared .i dont follow collage football . so i dont draft cb's or wr's under 6 feet.

  7. #307
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    south central illinios
    Posts
    1,840
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleplayer543 View Post
    i have been doing mocks on first pick and over the last couple weeks acy has gone completely off he boards there and in a 7 round mock draft on walter football he is not even listed in their 7 round mock. i was picking him up untill he disappeared .i dont follow collage football . so i dont draft cb's or wr's under 6 feet.
    also the vikes can re sign griffen without it effecting the comp picks.

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    18,013
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    36,597
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Ummmmm

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,467
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Ummmmm
    Unless we have a trade in place to move Reiff or Cook I don't see how this could possible work financially. Also with this WR class I don't understand why they would give away that much capital for OBJ and take on the financial constraints.

    Don't get me wrong I won't be mad about it but it doesn't make a whole heck of alot of sense.

    Also, who the F00k is MOOSE?

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    18,013
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,547
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I’ve been hearing this rumor. Do we do it?

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,582
    Where there is smoke there is fire. I always knew that OBJ would be a Viking.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk


    If you cant beat them, join them

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    12,523
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  15. #315
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    south central illinios
    Posts
    1,840
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Unless we have a trade in place to move Reiff or Cook I don't see how this could possible work financially. Also with this WR class I don't understand why they would give away that much capital for OBJ and take on the financial constraints.

    Don't get me wrong I won't be mad about it but it doesn't make a whole heck of alot of sense.

    Also, who the F00k is MOOSE?
    according to over the cp if the browns trade him most of his salary will be paid by the browns kind of like the vikes paying diggs. on a personal note id pass on him just got rid of one head case they dont need another

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •