Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    A team paying Teddy $30 million is going to be highly disappointed.

This Stefon Diggs trade talk seems to be not going away. I think there has to be some truth behind it.

Cowherd mentioned that if Brady goes back to NE the Pats need to go out and get Diggs. I think it would be just for picks but we should at the very least try and ask for Gilmore in return.
    Ugh. Trading with the Pats is never good. They always come out on top. I think we would need proven players back for Diggs at least. Not picks that Rick can blow on players that never develop or under perform.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Ugh. Trading with the Pats is never good. They always come out on top. I think we would need proven players back for Diggs at least. Not picks that Rick can blow on players that never develop or under perform.
    I agree, especially when both teams are still trying to compete for division and playoffs. If we were rebuilding then I get where you want picks (I can also see just picks because of our cap though too).

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Why does the media keep saying Diggs 'hasn't been shy about asking for a trade' when he has yet TO say he wants to be traded? This is all coming from a couple cryptic tweets of his that don't really say anything?
    We don't know that...there has to be some truth to these rumors (even Stefon himself said that last year). It's possible that behind closed doors he has requested and at the very least the Vikes could accommodate that by listening to offers.

Cut List:
    Griffen
    Rhodes

Restructure:
    Linval
    Reiff

Extension:
    Kirk

I just used Spotrac to do the restructures as I have no idea how much it would save. But according to their site with these moves and dropping Kirks cap from 31 to 23 this year we would have about $28million in cap space.
    It's possible, though I feel unlikely, that Reiff or Linval are cut.

$28 million to possibly resign Harris, Mac or Waynes, and a possible FA OL. I don't think we can sign Harris and a top FA OL like Thunney. IMO I would let Harris walk and sign Thunney.

Zimmer has put several safety's next to Smith and they have all been pretty good. Dejo could come back and he played well for us before. He would be a cheap 1 year option. Kearse, when not in the dog house, played well. I would try to bring him back (even though he said he's done but $$ talks). Or you could look to target one in the draft...there is a good shot we could end up with Winfield Jr or Delpit from LSU.

25 Grant Delpit S LSU
    58 Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    89 Larrell Murchison IDL NC State
    122 Shane Lemieux IOL Oregon
    185 Jauan Jennings WR Tennessee
    196 Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    216 Binjimen Victor WR Oh St

stefon diggs
    wr, minnesota vikings

nfl network's tom pelissero said it is currently a long shot for the vikings to part ways with stefon diggs.

Diggs has expressed frustration with the team, particularly with kirk cousins, but that doesn't mean the vikings are done with him. Minnesota feels that they're close to a title, so trading their stud receiver away would essentially close out their championship window. Pelissero still expects teams to call the vikings about a trade but notes things are unlikely to go anywhere at the momemnt. Things could change, especially if diggs continues to drum up attention off the field in the next couple of months, but for now, diggs is likely back in minnesota as a wr2 in fantasy.

Source: Tom pelissero on twitter
    feb 19, 2020, 2:16 pm et
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

THis is why we have to clear some guys and pursue Thunney

Via Twitter:
    Minnesota Vikings guard Pat Elflein recorded the lowest PFF pass-blocking efficiency (95.6) of any qualifying guard in the NFL and allowed 38 total pressures in the process

Cut List:
    Griffen
    Rhodes

Restructure:
    Linval
    Reiff

Extension:
    Kirk

I just used Spotrac to do the restructures as I have no idea how much it would save. But according to their site with these moves and dropping Kirks cap from 31 to 23 this year we would have about $28million in cap space.
    It's possible, though I feel unlikely, that Reiff or Linval are cut.

$28 million to possibly resign Harris, Mac or Waynes, and a possible FA OL. I don't think we can sign Harris and a top FA OL like Thunney. IMO I would let Harris walk and sign Thunney.

Zimmer has put several safety's next to Smith and they have all been pretty good. Dejo could come back and he played well for us before. He would be a cheap 1 year option. Kearse, when not in the dog house, played well. I would try to bring him back (even though he said he's done but $$ talks). Or you could look to target one in the draft...there is a good shot we could end up with Winfield Jr or Delpit from LSU.
    I'll hate to see Griffen go but I think the timing is right. He's gonna be 32 and while he had a bounce back season his play started to fall off down the stretch. We need the cap space. Plus with Ifeadi Odenigbo on the rise we have an in house replacement. We've been replacing guys in house for years now. BRob replaced Ray Edwards, Griffen replaced Jared Allen, Hunter replaced BRob and now Odenigbo is ready to replace Griffen.

I wouldn't extend Cousins yet either. The 2020 season could very likely decide how the next 5 years could go. If we have a bad season then changes will be coming. Zimmer and Spielman likely gone and I doubt a new coach or FO will want to come in with Cousins hanging around with a year or 2 left on the deal. A new staff will want to pick their own QB. I think we can free up enough cap space without having to extend Cousins.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

THis is why we have to clear some guys and pursue Thunney

Via Twitter:
    Minnesota Vikings guard Pat Elflein recorded the lowest PFF pass-blocking efficiency (95.6) of any qualifying guard in the NFL and allowed 38 total pressures in the process
    I would love Thuney but I think regardless of what we do he'll be too expensive. We're probably looking signing somebody like Stefen Wisniewski or signing a back up Daniel Brunskill who played well when asked to start.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

We don't know that...there has to be some truth to these rumors (even Stefon himself said that last year). It's possible that behind closed doors he has requested and at the very least the Vikes could accommodate that by listening to offers.
    removing all Vikings pics from his Instagram isn't exactly a sign of someone looking to stay.......and really, I blame Cousins for Diggs' frustrations...he doesn't target him as much, he misses him wide open several times a game, Stefon may want out simply because he doesn't like Kirk

IF he wants out, one thing is....this is a LOADED WR draft class...assuming we don't LaQuan the pick if we use a high one for a WR
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

We live in such a gullible time. We’re basing trade rumors off a mans Instagram pictures lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    We live in such a gullible time. We’re basing trade rumors off a mans Instagram pictures lol

Probably my favorite Viking ever. Its crazy if they trade him. He is the only one on our offense worth a damn.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post

oh, I'm not basing it on that...but you have to wonder why he'd do that..and during a time he knows the rumors are out there. For me, it's just another piece to the puzzle lending credence to the idea he may be angling his way out.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    oh, I'm not basing it on that...but you have to wonder why he'd do that..and during a time he knows the rumors are out there. For me, it's just another piece to the puzzle lending credence to the idea he may be angling his way out.
    I didn't mean that directly to anyone on here but basically all the rumors started on Twitter because of his tweets and now Instagram. I understand it's easy to connect that with what happened during the season but honestly even that seemed over blown. It's just crazy to me that we're even talking about trade rumors because of this. Seems so stupid and gullible to me. I mean Diggs will tweet these cryptic things and we have no idea what he means so we just assume he wants to be traded and then we think it's confirmed because a few pictures we're deleted. Meanwhile, Adam Thielen the last two years has publicly called out the offense multiple times and had tense side line arguments with Cousins yet no one has ever assumed he wanted traded. Doesn't make much sense.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

The Broncos are rumored to be interested in him. Give us that 7th overall pick for him!

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast