Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Dolphins lose DC Graham, Promote Boyer

From Pellissero

The #Giants are hiring Patrick Graham as their defensive coordinator, source said.

The #Dolphins are expected to promote Josh Boyer to defensive coordinator, sources say. He replaces Patrick Graham, who’s leaving to become the #Giants’ DC.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Boyer is obviously a well respected coach and deserves the promotion. The most impressive part from this coaching staff IMO was how they threw some random no name guy out there week after week in the secondary and somehow we werent a complete embarrassment.

Boyer isnt my concern, but theres two things I'm worried about. Are we going to leave the the secondary group mainly to that high school HC? Obviously Flo and Boyer will be involved but I'm not sure if we should give him that loud of a voice that quickly.

And then of course why is there so much turnover on the staff? Why were you so wrong on some of these hirings and why did Graham want to leave for a lateral move? I'm one to look too much into things so I'm sure it's nothing but it's worth thinking about.

I don't have a problem with this at all. Graham was nothing special as a DC. Boyer is a nice promotion.

Flo is the one that mostly runs the D anyways so I don't mind this at all. Josh Boyer has been a great coach for a long time.

I felt like Graham was largely replaceable so I dont mind it. This is pretty much what I felt like we should have done with the OC position and Schu.

This was my biggest fear trying to install patriots offensive and defensive systems.

No one else runs them, and few coaches know how to teach/install them.

Clearly on offense were going away from the pats system, but defensively, thats not possible. Thats all flores knows.

I believe in flo, but he has his work cut out. Pats systems are crazy complicated.