Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vallejo Raiders View Post
    But you still have Westbrook is he no longer capable of creating for other anymore?
    Exactly. You gotta bunch of homerís in here and you canít reason with Rockets homers. Iíd argue theyíd be a better playoff team with Thompson and a worse regular season team but not by much. Thompson is better off ball than Curry and is a much better catch and shoot player than Harden. Westbrook could dominate and create for others while playing with the best catch and shoot player of this generation outside of Steph.

I think the Rockets improve their chances but itís definitely debatable

Care to elaborate?
    No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    I think a better question would be if Thompson would be a better partner to Westbrook rather than Harden. And I would argue yes, because Westbrook could dominate the bb and Thompson could bail him out without dribbling and taking tough shots.

I think theyíd be far more efficient and much better defensively with Thompson as well.
    That's what I'm saying they'd be a better overall team.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Feel free to exit my thread.

Quote Originally Posted by vallejo raiders View Post
    feel free to exit my thread.

My dick is named 'ewing'.
    ok

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    No. The fact that this is even a thread is ****ing insane to me. Thompson can't create for others. He doesn't even really create for himself--historically something like 80% of his field goals are assisted. He's unquestionably the better defender, but that little edge he provides on perimeter defense doesn't make up for literally everything else that Harden does better.

If you swapped Harden for Klay, the Rockets may have been a lottery team his entire time in Houston.
    Agreed also Hardens defence is under rated. Not to say that he's a great defender but he isn't a poor defender either.

I think the better question would be if the Rockets would be better with Klay instead of WB. Imagine the spacing Harden would be working with, with Klay on the perimeter.

Exactly. You gotta bunch of homerís in here and you canít reason with Rockets homers. Iíd argue theyíd be a better playoff team with Thompson and a worse regular season team but not by much. Thompson is better off ball than Curry and is a much better catch and shoot player than Harden. Westbrook could dominate and create for others while playing with the best catch and shoot player of this generation outside of Steph.

Interesting. I think the best combination of the three would be Harden/Klay

Even tho the answer is Harden what would have been interesting would have been CP3 and Klay.

Bunch of homers? Bosstone was the only Rockets fan commenting. The length some of you guys reach for your dumb takes is pretty amazing.

Klay is a better defender and 3 point shooter.

Harden is a much better offensive player all the way around. I believe a really good defenders would give Klay fits. Harden cant really be stopped offensively until the playoffs start.

He wont get weak calls like he does in the regular season and the best defender against Harden is himself. He can shoot his team in and out of the game like no one else. Strength and a weakness.

Dantoni also will never get out of the West and the way Westbrook sits at the end of the bench when they are getting beaten bad sets a terrible precedent for the whole team.

So the question really is Dantoni and his offense. In a 7 game series against a decent to good defensive team they are in trouble no matter if its Harden or Klay in that equation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

[/SIGPIC]
    [/IMG]

Nobody is even mentioning the obvious currently Klay is hurt so for this season he definitely wouldn't improve the Rockets. But assuming healthy, the answer is still easily no. The Rockets are way better with Harden than Klay.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Game View Post
    Klay is a better defender and 3 point shooter.

Harden is a much better offensive player all the way around. I believe a really good defenders would give Klay fits. Harden cant really be stopped offensively until the playoffs start.

He wont get weak calls like he does in the regular season and the best defender against Harden is himself. He can shoot his team in and out of the game like no one else. Strength and a weakness.

Dantoni also will never get out of the West and the way Westbrook sits at the end of the bench when they are getting beaten bad sets a terrible precedent for the whole team.

So the question really is Dantoni and his offense. In a 7 game series against a decent to good defensive team they are in trouble no matter if its Harden or Klay in that equation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Exactly my point from earlier. D'Antoni is the problem. No defensive accountability from his stars and easy to game plan against come playoff time. His teams live and die by the 3 and the whistle.

You'll never see the Rockets win multiple playoff games with great defense and ugly offense.

Better question is what kind of numbers would Westbrook put up if he was D'Antonie's unquestioned number one option.

But you still have Westbrook is he no longer capable of creating for other anymore?
    Of course he is. But in today's NBA, you need multiple guys who can create for themselves and others. Klay is maybe the greatest 3 and D player in NBA history. But that's what he is. He's a catch and shoot offensive player. He doesn't attack the basket. He doesn't draw fouls. He doesn't create offense for guys around him. If you swap Harden with Klay and Westbrook sits down, that offense would be a train wreck.

You'd have to completely change the entire offensive system to something that's more motion oriented with more passing and more movement, and that also requires personnel the Rockets don't really have right now. Bottom line, in no way shape or form would Klay make the Rockets a better team.

Also, before anyone is quick to bring up Harden's postseason numbers, they should look up Klay's postseason numbers. Klay's lucky to dodge the postseason choker label because he's played on teams with Curry, Durant, Iggy and Green. That guy disappears more on the big stage than David Copperfield.
    Last edited by mightybosstone; 01-14-2020 at 12:50 AM.

I legit just watched Terror Train tonight. One of the only movies David Copperfield was ever in. Uncanny.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast